You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

play for your poker points youve earned a good idea??

poon73poon73 Member Posts: 35
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
i would love to see skypoker do mtt & stt for poker points you have earned, this would give players the oppurtunity to earn themselves a nice bonus at the end of the month. pkr.com do it with them taking between 5-10% of your points for reg fees depending on the size of points for entry. would like to hear your views if this would be good or bad

Comments

• pkrf1shpkrf1sh Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2009
    Great idea. Gives the occasional player a chance to get some rakeback if they dont meet the min required to cash.Ilike it
  • OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited July 2009
    Yes I like it.
  • repton3repton3 Member Posts: 185
    edited July 2009
    I played in a playerpoints MTT last night on PKR, it was 50+3 rebuy for first 6 levels.  Never tried one before and I must say it was a riot lol.  Never seen so much frenzied shoving.  Literally every hand for the first 4 or 5 levels had 3 or more people all in pre-flop.  Couple of hands into the game I had pockets queens and had 2 people go all in before I acted, followed by 5 after me, making it 8 people all in (incidentally the winner of that hand held K-9 after 2 K dropped on the flop).  After the rebuy period it settled down and became a real decent game, everyone had such massive stacks compared to the blinds because of all the rebuys it was almost like a deepstack game.

So there you go, the start was utter madness that made me continually chuckle (I was sat next to some guy who shoved every hand and rebought over 40 times (2 buyins each time) and I watched him lose and lose thinking "He's got to hit at some point". He did eventually, and then went out just about on the bubble in the end after being moved to sit back next to me again.  Bless Him). ANd after all that came a good solid game, so it was almost best of both worlds.

I'd definately be up for one again so I think they are a good idea.  The banter was also particularly amusing.
  • IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited July 2009
    I play on Party Poker and points earned can be used for tournament entries based on the point value
    Would be a good way to use your points if you do not earn enough to cash in
    They also do merchandise which is another way of using ponts up, from a dealer button to branded poker chip sets.
    Think poker stars go as high as a car...
    Lots of options but may be held off in the current financial climate  

Gary 
  • poon73poon73 Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2009
    surely skypoker needs to do more with poker points, i got 2000 poker points, rolled over from prevoius months all i can do is play in £20 freerolls with them
  • acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited July 2009
    Yes I think its a good idea, especialy for those of us who cant afford a big bankroll to rack up the points for the bonus at the end of the month, even though I did it for the first time last month.