You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter'

sikassikas Member Posts: 857
edited November 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
the new software is an absolute CPU/Ram hog, my laptop sometimes lags+struggles with 6 tables whereas on the old software it can blitz 10-12 tables without breaking a sweat, cany anything be done about this?

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2013
    let me be clear actually, when i start a session its starts out ok but after say an hours grind everything just becomes 'clogged' and laggy and even more so as i go on
  • Options
    lonesomelonesome Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter':
    let me be clear actually, when i start a session its starts out ok but after say an hours grind everything just becomes 'clogged' and laggy and even more so as i go on
    Posted by sikas
    Same here, with just 2 or 3 tables, good for an hour or two then all goes dead slow/unplayable i.e. eg 3 or 4 seconds between mouse click and action.  Not my internet connection, everything else is fine.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited October 2013
    In Response to i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter':
    the new software is an absolute CPU/Ram hog, my laptop sometimes lags+struggles with 6 tables whereas on the old software it can blitz 10-12 tables without breaking a sweat, cany anything be done about this?
    Posted by sikas
    What is the memory usage like over time? Is there a memory leak happening?

• Options
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter':
    In Response to i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter' : What is the memory usage like over time? Is there a memory leak happening?
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Bump!

After 6-7 tabling for ONE HOUR in the OLD Client my the memory usage by 'skypoker.exe' was ~670,000K (taskmanager) and under the SAME conditions in the NEW client my memory usage was ~1,200,000K!
  • Options
    churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter' : Same here, with just 2 or 3 tables, good for an hour or two then all goes dead slow/unplayable i.e. eg 3 or 4 seconds between mouse click and action.  Not my internet connection, everything else is fine.
    Posted by lonesome
    +1 same thing happening too me but sky say there is no problem

• Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter' : Bump! After 6-7 tabling for ONE HOUR in the OLD Client my the memory usage by 'skypoker.exe' was ~670,000K (taskmanager) and under the SAME conditions in the NEW client my memory usage was ~1,200,000K!
    Posted by sikas
    Hi sikas, 

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback,

this is not something which we are aware of, the new client is using less than 400,000kb for running 6-7 tables during internal testing, which is significantly less than the old software. It is also much lighter on network data which puts less pressure on the strength of your internet connections.

I'll refer it to our technical teams to review

Are you running windows 7/Download?

Would you mind also providing your machine specs so we can get an idea of your machine profile?

Kind Regards

Adam

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sikas,

Please can you also confirm what version of Adobe AIR you are running?

It can be found on windows 7 via:

start -> control panel -> Programs -> programs and features

it's likely 3.8 or 3.9

thank you

adam
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sikas, Please can you also confirm what version of Adobe AIR you are running? It can be found on windows 7 via: start - /> control panel -> Programs -> programs and features it's likely 3.8 or 3.9 thank you adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam

yep im running Windows 7 64bit and the Adobe Air version is 3.9.0.1030   (im pretty sure its the latest one as its auto-update and i always update to the new one straight away)

as for my computer its a

Clevo Laptop

Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz
    8GB DDR3
    Intel HD 400 Graphics
    1920x1080 resolution

not ure what else you'd wanna know

• Options
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter' : yep im running Windows 7 64bit and the Adobe Air version is 3.9.0.1030   (im pretty sure its the latest one as its auto-update and i always update to the new one straight away) as for my computer its a Clevo Laptop Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.5GHz 8GB DDR3 Intel HD 400 Graphics ... 1920x1080 resolution not ure what else you'd wanna know
    Posted by sikas
    Thanks Sikas,

Thats exactly what we wanted, please leave it with us to investigate what is going on here

kind regards

Adam
  • Options
    rurarixrurarix Member Posts: 41
    edited October 2013
    @ sikas. Same here mate, unreal lags if i play more than 3-4 tables, was better when i played old software, could do about 6 tables that time. Also i have a less powerful laptop than yours: I have win xp, 4gb ram (can only utilize 3 in win XP), core 2 duo low voltage processor etc.. If yours 8gb, core I5 is lagging, then mine of course:)

Please let me know if you fixed this issue, thanks in advance:)
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited October 2013
    I had it with one table open!!!! its awful
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: i thought the new software was meant to be faster, smoother and 'lighter' : Same here, with just 2 or 3 tables, good for an hour or two then all goes dead slow/unplayable i.e. eg 3 or 4 seconds between mouse click and action.  Not my internet connection, everything else is fine.
    Posted by lonesome
    Happened again this afternoon, playing 3 cash tables with the download client on my laptop with wifi connection. Windows 7.  All good for a couple of hours and then everything stopped and the had about a 20 second lag on each click.  Had to give up.  Internet connection was fine.  Opened task mgr and noted that sky poker was using 220 mb of memory, which seems a bit high.

• Options
    XBOOTNECKXBOOTNECK Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2013
    I had it with one table open!!!! its awful
    Posted by Dazler
    =1
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    And again this morning!  Time for a break I think.  Sort it out Sky.  Having played with the new tables for a while I prefer them to the old ones, but its a real nuisance when this happens.
  • Options
    major_chommajor_chom Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    Just to add my experience of the software. I find if I play more than 4 tables it becomes very slow and unresponsive and it does not even register some of my actions so I have to click things twice. I can also sometimes see my time going down but its not even displaying my cards.

It's very frustrating and is way behind other competing sites that run fine on my PC. The constant lag really eats into your decision time which leads me to another point that I'd really like to see a time bank feature added.