You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Software, table graphics

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
edited November 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions

Is sky going to phase out the old style tables?

Just want to get in there if that is plan to say that would be a big mistake! And please keep the old format tables permenantly!

Comments

• Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited October 2013
    There have been a lot of people saying similar things. I'm not really sure how I feel about the new tables yet. They are more... 'cartoony'. I think the idea is certainly to phase them out over a period of months.
  • Options
    BorinLonerBorinLoner Member Posts: 3,863
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: New Software, table graphics:
    This thread seems relevant: A New Mini View Layout - Your Feedback Needed!
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Not sure why it's irrelevant. Your link is about mini view

I would really hope that the old version would be kept. I find the new software difficult to get on with.
    From speaking to Sky people at Newcastle the old version will be phased out pretty soon.
  • Options
    BorinLonerBorinLoner Member Posts: 3,863
    edited October 2013
    I didn't say it was the only relevant thing. It's just something to look at that's relevant to the new software and how it can be more like the old software.

Personally, I like the new software and think it's far superior.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited October 2013
    Bl that post is not really relevant to this here.

No idea why new tables were introduced, but in my opinion it would be a massive mistake killing off the old tables!!
  • Options
    delpottydelpotty Member Posts: 17
    edited October 2013
    agreed, i really hope the old tables will keep running for a long time still!
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited October 2013
    Long live the old mini view tables plzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited October 2013
    I think one of the main reasons why they are being introduced is that they are more 'modern' and, aesthetically, at least, they are more in line with the way the online poker industry seems to be going. Just take a look at the other sites out there if you don't know what I mean.

Like I said before, I still don't know how I feel about the new graphics. I seem to win more money on the old tables, so if that is any yardstick... :D
  • Options
    PokeratorPokerator Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013
    The new table graphics is too confusing.  It is probably some clever softwre geek who is just showing off.  The original graphics are clean, easy to follow, not confusing and friendly.  If the old graphics disappear in favour to the new ones then I will definately be leaving skypoker.  I play on skypoker because the graphics are much better than other sites, so please please please leave it alone.
  • Options
    DazlerDazler Member Posts: 3,970
    edited October 2013
    oh my days, I come back for a visit to skypoker and what do I find! a new table format that I was longing for so long, it seemed to take forever. And here it is in all its glory. WHAT A FECKIN DISAPOINTMENT. Ill try and keep it constructive but its gonna be difficult.

Negatives
    # It looks dated for one thing and the original format looks much more modern 'so not to my taste im afraid.

# The avatars are worse and my original star looking cool character now looks like a lemon juice drinking train spotter. I was expecting to use our own avatars.

# The timer is way to intrusive and I feel over pressured to make a decision and it plastered smack bang in the middle taking away my concentration of the cards on the table. All I focus on is dam times running out.

# The notes system is way too small and colours are wishy washy and I can hardly see them. Even though you can change note colours its too light. while writing that its now disappeared completely.

# The fonts and font colours are awful and disappear into the blue background.

# The system itself is altra slow and connection has timed me out constantly.

# I cant roll over avatar and see where people are from like before.

# Chat is hard to see as its in a very light grey and not detatchable like I was hoping.

# Game info has a tiny scroll bar which I cant use my mouse wheel on.

# And theres no instant hand history like I was expecting and instead is harder to get to.

# Resizing is awful too and changes colour and just bunches everything up. Not smooth like it should be

Positives
    THERE ARE NONE ITS AWFUL SORRY

I expected so much for this and really hope this is a beta version and we will have the option to still play on the old style tables. I am a graphic designer by trade and who ever did this for you needs a new job and I coulda woulda done it for free instead of the thousands upon thousands of pounds you have wasted doing this. What a shame sky.

• Options
    DoubleAAADoubleAAA Member Posts: 954
    edited October 2013
    I concur what Dazzler said, the new software is awful.  The only positive is the fact taht you can resize the table to your own desire. That is the only positive.  Slipwater mentioned that the graphics look somewhat cartoony, agreed.  The old software looks far better.  I hate the feel of the new software, it looks like a very old piece of poker software.  Just look at PS and FT for a bench mark to follow, then compare your software to theirs. 

Sorry sky but this is even worse than the old one.  If you have to stick with this one, can you at least replicate the colours and table layout so it looks very similar to the old one?
  • Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited October 2013

As many of you that were involved in the beta test on this will know, the software has been designed with a huge amount of input from the players, which we are very grateful for.

This software is just the beginning of many new features and designs to come for Sky Poker with this thread being just one example.

Of course, whenever things are changed (a) they can take some time to get used to and (b) it's impossible to please everyone but we try to please as many as possible.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • Options
    denty765denty765 Member Posts: 38
    edited October 2013
    who in theyer right mind would prefere the new software it is truly dreadful.
    i cant consentrate on how people are playing as it gives me a headache please please sky do not scrap the old software for this abomination
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited November 2013
    agreed, i really hope the old tables will keep running for a long time still!
    Posted by delpotty
    Same here, i much prefer the old look/sound, the new one makes you feel like your on 888 or summit awful like that.
  • Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited November 2013
    oh my days, I come back for a visit to skypoker and what do I find! a new table format that I was longing for so long, it seemed to take forever. And here it is in all its glory. WHAT A FECKIN DISAPOINTMENT. Ill try and keep it constructive but its gonna be difficult. Negatives # It looks dated for one thing and the original format looks much more modern 'so not to my taste im afraid. # The avatars are worse and my original star looking cool character now looks like a lemon juice drinking train spotter. I was expecting to use our own avatars. # The timer is way to intrusive and I feel over pressured to make a decision and it plastered smack bang in the middle taking away my concentration of the cards on the table. All I focus on is dam times running out. # The notes system is way too small and colours are wishy washy and I can hardly see them. Even though you can change note colours its too light. while writing that its now disappeared completely. # The fonts and font colours are awful and disappear into the blue background. # The system itself is altra slow and connection has timed me out constantly. # I cant roll over avatar and see where people are from like before. # Chat is hard to see as its in a very light grey and not detatchable like I was hoping. # Game info has a tiny scroll bar which I cant use my mouse wheel on. # And theres no instant hand history like I was expecting and instead is harder to get to. # Resizing is awful too and changes colour and just bunches everything up. Not smooth like it should be Positives THERE ARE NONE ITS AWFUL SORRY I expected so much for this and really hope this is a beta version and we will have the option to still play on the old style tables. I am a graphic designer by trade and who ever did this for you needs a new job and I coulda woulda done it for free instead of the thousands upon thousands of pounds you have wasted doing this. What a shame sky.
    Posted by Dazler
    Hi,

Thanks for your post. We have made some new changes to the software regarding some of the feedback that we have received. Please see this thread which details some of the improvements. Hopefully you have already noticed some improvements that we have already made.

Cheers.