You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New software or Old?

DoubleAAADoubleAAA Member Posts: 954
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Thought I would create a poll to see what the forum members think.

Comments

• Options
    FINSFINS Member Posts: 1,080
    edited October 2013

voted old.

no hot-o-meter 
  • Options
    DoubleAAADoubleAAA Member Posts: 954
    edited October 2013
    Interesting that 75% prefer the old software.  Would be interesting to do another poll after 1 month of the new software being used and see how people vote.  Clearly something is wrong with the new software which is making people vote for the old as the old software is very poor with it's limited ability to re-size tables and no time bank.

FWIW I prefer the old software.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited October 2013
    That's why people should be suggesting ideas for what they'd like changing on the new software, rather than just saying the prefer the old one.

• Options
    TMayhemTMayhem Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: New software or Old?:
    That's why people should be suggesting ideas for what they'd like changing on the new software, rather than just saying the prefer the old one.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Good idea,

I voted for the old system because:
    1. I am a grumpy old man and hate change,:-)

2. More to the point I am not a true daily regular here I use this site to improve my six person table play as I spend more time on sites which focus on ten player tables as this is the more frequent table size for live tournaments. So when I return here and find a change to the layout I feel like I have walked into a different club and then have to spend more time adjusting to new settings than focusing on my poker game.

3. The fonts seem overly large and more importantly for me the large chat screen down the side is no longer there or I have not found a way to position it there. This at a glance can refresh for me the recent plays. With the chat screen being a small option one can barely see 5 or 6 lines of information. Thus causing more time spent tracking down information that was previously readily available to me with no clicking needed.

4. The new screens seem clunky, almost in a retro way which reminds me of the old style vegas poker machines, no doubt this was an intentional choice. Strangely enough despite being a grumpy old man this form of regression doesn't make me less grumpy, go figure.

Will the above stop me from returning, I doubt it I still need loads of practise adjusting between the different table sizes. It would be nice to know though that when changes take place current features are not removed but retained and that changes are for improvements and additional features or useful tools.

Cheers
    TMayhem
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2013
    The vote is pretty pointless imo - as the new software is still under construction at the moment and is not the finished article.

As it is....I have tried & tested & I prefer the new software, even though I know that there are many more changes & possibilities ahead of us.

The existing Sky Poker software is way behind its competition and this new software gives us many more possibilities. It also gives us a stong platform to move forward. I'm sure there will be plenty of tweaks at a later date to make it more acceptable to the masses, but for now we have to accept we need to move forward.

Constructive feedback & suggested improvement is what is needed and this will eventually give everyone a little of what they want.

Gone are the days of the "Spectrum ZX" i'm aftraid, however, the new software is the old spectrum.......

"A spectrum (plural spectra or spectrums) is a condition that is not limited to a specific set of values but can vary infinitely within a continum"

So essentially the possibilities and development of the new software are unlimited.

YES....The world was mortified when the production of the spectrum zx was discontinued, but would we really want to go back to that now after using a playstation or XBOX & then the XBOX 360.

we need to move on guys

HELP SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SOFTWARE - NOW...........

Before its too late to have our say.