You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Interested in HEADS UP challenge?

razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Is the community interested in doing a heads up challenge on the format as the fa cup ie names in the hat say 128 runners and they are pulled out so ie razorkev v tk and so on.

Players start with 4000 chips 5 min blinds winners go thro to next round and so on until we reach the final and declare heads up champion

I would appreciate ur feedback and maybe the sky bods can make this happen , i think it would be a fun and different torn for all of us

B LUKKY

Comments

• Options
    POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
    edited December 2009
    Im in if he entry fee is reasonable
  • Options
    JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
    edited December 2009
    yeah id be up for it kev
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Interested in HEADS UP challenge?:
    Is the community interested in doing a heads up challenge on the format as the fa cup ie names in the hat say 108 runners and they are pulled out so ie razorkev v tk and so on. Players start with 4000 chips 5 min blinds winners go thro to next round and so on until we reach the final and declare heads up champion . I would appreciate ur feedback and maybe the sky bods can make this happen , i think it would be a fun and different torn for all of us B LUKKY
    Posted by razorkev
    Great idea Kevin!

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2009

Really good idea! Im so poor heads up, but the chance for a claim to fame is always welcome! I'm in as long as buy in is £20 and under.
    Wud it all happen like an MTT wud? or do u mean over a period of time, ie round 1 1 week , rnd 2 2nd week etc?

DOHH

• Options
    edited December 2009
    HOPE TO GET OVER 75 POSTS THEN I WILL 4 WARD IT TO SKY, I SUGGESTED THIS IN THE SUGGESTIONS COLUMN ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO SAY MAYBE ITS NOT FEASIBLE ,

I THINK THE COST SHOULD BE 8.00 + 80P DOES THAT SOUND FAIR ?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Interested in HEADS UP challenge?:
    Really good idea! Im so poor heads up, but the chance for a claim to fame is always welcome! I'm in as long as buy in is £20 and under. Wud it all happen like an MTT wud? or do u mean over a period of time, ie round 1 1 week , rnd 2 2nd week etc? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    PROB WEEKLY M8 SO SAT EVE RD 1 AND ROUND 2 IN 10 DAYS TIME ETC THEN DO THE FINAL ON THE DAY THE B4 THE FA CUP FINAL
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    HOPE TO GET OVER 75 POSTS THEN I WILL 4 WARD IT TO SKY, I SUGGESTED THIS IN THE SUGGESTIONS COLUMN ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO SAY MAYBE ITS NOT FEASIBLE , I THINK THE COST SHOULD BE 8.00 + 80P DOES THAT SOUND FAIR ?
    Posted by razorkev

I think it either needs to be free, or a nominal buy in like 10p to give everyone the opportunity to enter.

Make it a fun tourny more than anything.
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited December 2009
    count me in
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2009
    great idea razerkev count me in
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2009
    think 8 quid might be a bit much for some say 3 quid
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OK GUYS LETS C WHAT SKY SAY,, BUT GREG FREE MEANS IT WILL B AN ALLIN FEST,, THERE HAS TO B SOME BUYIN FEE
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2009

If its so cheap ppl wnt bother.

N also if its every saturday night for example for so long, even I go out at least once every other sat!

Must be flexible, or all in 1 night, probli be 2 hard to organise.

Ur alright getting the semi on a sat night n its the works doo or summat like that.

Gr8 idea, short sharp format - without it being stupidly fast, all in 1 night!

Min 2 quid buy in i rekon!

DOHH

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    I'm interested but agree that there needs to be at least a small buy-in.
  • Options
    KaidusKaidus Member Posts: 159
    edited December 2009
    In for buyin below £5 but above £2.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    OK GUYS LETS C WHAT SKY SAY,, BUT GREG FREE MEANS IT WILL B AN ALLIN FEST,, THERE HAS TO B SOME BUYIN FEE
    Posted by razorkev
    If Sky were kind enuf to make it a £250 freeroll for example, and we capped the number of entrants (first come first served to say 128)  then, a buy in would not be necessary... and it would be all about the fun and winning.

Just an idea, i'm happy to pay a buy in of up to £11 quid personally, but im just thinking about some others who would not be able to be involved. This would be a community comp, so i would like all to be involved that wanted to be. 

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    it would have to be done in a night id say because if it was weekly with 128 runners it would take 6 weeks and people are not going to commit to that i think
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2009
    why dont we organize our own. say 16 runners, do a random draw for the first round, whoever youre paired up with you both play a sitngo when youre both online, winner moves onto the next round, you use the winnings from the sitngo you won to pay for the next round. There wouldnt be a big prize pool but it would be for fun(and bragging rights) to be forum HU champion. If it was popular im sure Sky would run a bigger one.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    I think sky need to introduce an MTT HU game, other sites have them and they are very popular, we have the 4 way HU STT's but as an MTT I think will go down really well on sky
  • Options
    ScotsJ11ScotsJ11 Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2009
    I would be intersted in your idea m8....count me in...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    anymore fancy hds up??