You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line

Comments

• mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line:
    1.50pm, 10 mins from the End of Level One. 28,300 Stay cool honey bunny, stay cool.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    I've got to go to bed, i'm up at 530 am for work.
    Please pass my best onto Ben for the rest of the day, and i look forward to read the posts and blogs in the morning.
    As the Americans say, have a nice day.
    col
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,853
    edited July 2009

Chatted with Ben at the Break. He has the Railing Crew there, too.

He's cool, comfy, & chilled.

His Manhatten went 30k-24k-19k-26k-29k.

The dip from 24k to 19k - 3 hands after the 2 pair v set jobbie - was Ben's T-T v Villain's K-K. The Board came 7 high, so you can work out how that one played! It was against 5-5-5 man, too.

Level Two about to start.

Will's guest, Anthony, is on about 35k I think.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited July 2009
    OK guys here' a summary of the hands which saw Ben flip flop from 24K- 18 K - 28K

Ben is back up to nearly 29,000 chips, from a low of 18,000 – here’s how it happened 

After being down at around 24500 after his A10 ran into a set of 5’s earlier, Ben picks up 1010 and raises it up, with one caller, the same player who made the set. 

Flop comes 9-5-2
    Ben Bets
    Villain Calls

Turn comes 6
    Ben bets
    Villain calls

River is a Jack and ben check calls
    Villain turns over KK

Ben then bounced back from this setback scooping a nice pot: 

Ben QsJs raises it up with one caller #

Flop Ks 9s 2c

Ben Bets out 900 with gutshot straightflush draw
    Villain Calls 

Turn is 2s making his flush  
    Ben bets 1500
    Villain calls 
    River was a blank and Ben check/calls for 2500, aware of the full house possibility and the villain flips over just KJ for Top Pair – Ben takes down a big pot and gets some nice info there….
    edited July 2009
    And as for Wills Guest Anthony he's had a cracking start and is up to 38000 chips

His big pot was with 86 os in the BB. Early position raiser and a call by in Anthony's words "The Table Fish" meant he wanted to be in the pot so he called from the BB.

Flop came 954 and the fish bets about 150 into 1500 (!), Anthony calls and hits his straight on the turn with a 7.

The fish pays off meaty pot bets on the Turn and River and mucks to Antony's straight - nice work! :-)
  • JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited July 2009

All the best Ben, nice bounce back after those two early coolers, I'll be waiting 4u in the usual place when you come back with your new found fame and fortune! 8- />
  • BJM_FMMBJM_FMM Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2009
    Tikay.. what is Ben's chipstack looking like? Is it positive?
  • bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2009
    Well done Ben and Ant......still in there!
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: VEGAS MAIN EVENT - The Ben Nuttall Time-Line:
    Tikay.. what is Ben's chipstack looking like? Is it positive?
    Posted by BJM_FMM
    Looks good, I'll stick some photos up shortly, probz on my Blog.

1 hour into Level 2......

He's incredibly confident, & is playing his own game now.
    edited July 2009

1 hour & 50 mins into Level 2.

We will try & grab a short Interview with him at the Dinner Break, which is imminent. We interviewed him at the first Break, so that'll be up on the Viva Las Vegas site very shortly I think.

He's playing quite aggro now, mainly because he's getting action hands.

He's been back down to 24,000, but he's Yoyo'd again.

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    Benny Benny Benny OI OI OI
    edited July 2009

In fact, it's NOT a Dinner-Break, it's a 15 minute jobbie, & Dinner wil be partaken after Level 3, as they are playing 5 Levels. All makes sense, really.

He's perfectly settled now, it's no different to a £10 SNG to him. He has sorted out a "mark" on his Table, but has been unable to catch him yet.

edited July 2009
    Just seen Ben on his break and he is back to 30,000 starting stack, he's very calm and really getting into the game now.

As Tikay said he has been yoyoing again - 29000 - 24000, 27000,23000 and fnally 30000

He's had pocket 10's 5 times (!!) in this session and had to fold 4 of them pre-flop from the Big Blind due to Raise-Reraise-reraise etc before him!

Not too much to report other than that, he made a few chips with a full house vs two pairs, but he says his table is pretty tight, the chip daddy is onlyo n 37000 chips....

As for Anthony, just spoke to him and he's very relaxed and sitting pretty on 36000 chips. He's got a great read now on half his table and the table's calling station, who paid off Anthony well earlier, is now chip daddy so it's just a matter of patience and waiting for his hands.

The tournament has just resumed at level 3 (150/300), next break is the dinner break in  1hr 50 mins - so we'll get a more detailed update then :-)

Go Guys!
    edited July 2009

1 hour into Level 3.

edited July 2009

9.15pm Local (05.15 UK).

1 hour remains in Level 4, the penultimate Level of the day.

Blinds are 150-300, RA 25.

Ben had a bit of a misunderstanding, & as a result, was late back from the Dinner Break, & missed two complete Orbits - at a cost of about 1,350. Yikes.

He's under no pressure whatsoever, but the Dinner-Break malarky has bothered him a bit, probably more so than any of the hands he's played.

edited July 2009

Level 5 (200-400, RA 50) has just begun, it's the last Level of Day 1c.

Level 4 was a bad one for Ben, character building even, "everything went wrong".

But he won't be panicking, he knows that to return on Day 2 with 17,000 or so, (about 25 x BB allowing for RA's), would be perfectly adequate. And if he can pick up a few chips tonight, that's all Bonus.
    edited July 2009

Ben is OUT, in a horror beat.

There was hefty Pre-Flop action between Ben & the Table Station.

Ben had Q-Q, Station had the monsta that is A-9.

Flop, 9-9-5.

He did nothing wrong, the hand played itself (for Ben), & there's nothing you can do about these Beats.

Ben will be back here in 2010, I fancy, all the better for the experience.

A full Review will be in Adam's Blog shortly.
  • BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited July 2009
    hi Tikay, thanks for the update , sad news and totally gutted for Ben, total respect for getting there in the first place.

• RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited July 2009
    Unlucky Ben, feeling your pain there. Well done Anthony and good luck Marco!
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    GUTTED 4 ya ben, but ur young and very clued up bout poker bud the big win is waiting..keep ur chin up m8
  • ALL-7-INALL-7-IN Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2009
    unlucky ben. I've been watching Tikay's updates/interview's from vegas and had high hopes for you. Don't feel bad on the hand you went out on, I mean you had the best hand going into it (QQ) vs (A9) the flop was cruel, nothing you or anyone else could have done. I would have gone for it with queens, I'm sure most of us on here would have. Major bad beat mate but keep your head up. You've done amazing to get to the WSOP and you should be so proud of yourself. Your a young lad I'm sure next year you'll improve and go on to bigger things.