You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

My views and UKOPS Freeroll problem

FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I played the UKOPS Fr last night. Tourney opened in new table and after about half an hour I appeared to have been sat out and unable to sit back in. It turned out that I had been moved to a new table that hadn't opened but it was still showing me sat at the previous table. Is it a common problem or was this due to the number of runners in the FR?

I'd like to make some observations about the chatbox area. There's far too much going on there. It's a good move to combine player location and notes but do they have to open in chatbox? Game info is ok but I would prefer to see all the info at once without having to scroll down. Up and down arrows on the side bar would be better too. The chatbox seems a tad too small for everything you are trying to fit in especially if it is set to full detail. Player chat can get a bit lost and would benefit from it's own colour rather than just bold.
 One final point when I manually shrank the table the tournament lobby link at the top disappeared.

EDIT: Using the download and Windows Vista

Comments

• Options
    COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2013
    Hi

This also happened to me today. It happened twice, both times after I was moved table. The first time it folded my hand and then went straight into the ad-on break. The Add-on button was still greyed out, so I closed the table and waited for it to open again and the button was available for me this time.

The second time I was moved table I went straight into the big Blind. I could see my cards, but it auto folded me!! I waited for the next hand again it aut folded me. I had to close the table and then opened it up again in the old view.

Im on a laptop running Vista, using the download version rather than playing thrugh the web.
  • Options
    COFFEENCRMCOFFEENCRM Member Posts: 70
    edited October 2013
    PS .... meant to say there were abut 35 runners left the second time it happened so amount of players may not have been the problem.
  • Options
    zorozoro Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    During this evenings UKOPS freeroll, every time I moved tables I could not bet. My cards were there but the betting area was blank. I had to leave the table and then re-launch it. As I explained this happened every time I was moved. It becomes very frustrating especially when you have pocket aces and can't bet them.
    The other comment I would like to make is that I miss the information telling you when someone is away from the table. I know you can work it out when someone isn't playing, but it was better when you could identify missing people immediately.
  • Options
    XBOOTNECKXBOOTNECK Member Posts: 99
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: My views and UKOPS Freeroll problem:
    During this evenings UKOPS freeroll, every time I moved tables I could not bet. My cards were there but the betting area was blank. I had to leave the table and then re-launch it. As I explained this happened every time I was moved. It becomes very frustrating especially when you have pocket aces and can't bet them. The other comment I would like to make is that I miss the information telling you when someone is away from the table. I know you can work it out when someone isn't playing, but it was better when you could identify missing people immediately.
    Posted by zoro
    Similar thing happened to me tonight,contacted Live Chat to be told the usual, ( it must be my connection problem) I don,t think it is.
  • Options
    Tombola123Tombola123 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2013
    I had a similar issue on the 6:45 am freeroll on Saturday morning. Moving to the final table, I could see my cards but no betting buttons were available and I was folded automatically. I had to re-start the table in order to view these buttons and enable play again.

Sky support replayed the hand and could "see that I had been timed out but as everyone else was playing normally, there were no issues on their end". Apparently this issue had not been reported before but they would refund my entry fee" - for a FREEROLL??

Appreciate that this was only a £20 freeroll but this could happen on much bigger games. Surely if I connect in and view the tables but cannot play whilst others can, it cannot be an issue with my connection, but an application issue.

Incidentally, I play on the download client, using BT fibre-optic broadband and a Windows 7 PC.

Issues - not likely to be due to number of players as the tournament had 91 runners and we were on the final table.
    People seem to be reporting this over different internet/hardware configurations - I would thought this would point to the one common item - the application.
    With due respect, the Sky Support staff should be able to give better responses than to say "no one else has reported the issue, but have a refund of the buy-in"
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I had a similar issue on the 6:45 am freeroll on Saturday morning. Moving to the final table, I could see my cards but no betting buttons were available and I was folded automatically. I had to re-start the table in order to view these buttons and enable play again. Sky support replayed the hand and could "see that I had been timed out but as everyone else was playing normally, there were no issues on their end". Apparently this issue had not been reported before but they would refund my entry fee" - for a FREEROLL?? Appreciate that this was only a £20 freeroll but this could happen on much bigger games. Surely if I connect in and view the tables but cannot play whilst others can, it cannot be an issue with my connection, but an application issue. Incidentally, I play on the download client, using BT fibre-optic broadband and a Windows 7 PC. Issues - not likely to be due to number of players as the tournament had 91 runners and we were on the final table. People seem to be reporting this over different internet/hardware configurations - I would thought this would point to the one common item - the application. With due respect, the Sky Support staff should be able to give better responses than to say "no one else has reported the issue, but have a refund of the buy-in"
    Posted by Tombola123

I had reported this earlier as you can see from my previous post,I was told the exact same as yourself,I didn't get offered anything lol. Left and right hand comes to mind.

• Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited October 2013
    Hi thanks for your post,

We are currently looking into this issue and will keep you updated via this thread with our progress.

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi thanks for your post, We are currently looking into this issue and will keep you updated via this thread with our progress. Cheers.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Cheers