You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

REPLY NEEDED REGARDING AWAY STATUS

gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
edited November 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions

Can we please have a reply on this as soon as possible as its appearing on a large number of threads
We need to know when a player is sat out/away particularly in dyms and especially when  multitabling
Is anyone looking into this and is there plans to do something as from a personal point of view without being able to see this information I feel that I will no longer be able to play anywhere near the volume of games I previously played as losing a few games because of not knowing players are away is enough to turn a winning session into a losing one and to be honest would probably make me play elsewhere

Comments

• Options
    Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2013
    In Response to REPLY NEEDED REGARDING AWAY STATUS:
    Can we please have a reply on this as soon as possible as its appearing on a large number of threads We need to know when a player is sat out/away particularly in dyms and especially when multitabling Is anyone looking into this and is there plans to do something as from a personal point of view without being able to see this information I feel that I will no longer be able to play anywhere near the volume of games I previously played as losing a few games because of not knowing players are away is enough to turn a winning session into a losing one and to be honest would probably make me play elsewhere
    Posted by gixxerk4
    Hi gixxer,

As you say, there have been a number of comments regarding this, so it's definitely something we'll look at improving, to make it much clearer when a player is away.

In the mean time, please see the following picture:

In this picture, skimmercfc is away — their seat is a darker blue than the other players. However, it is not completely greyed out (like PARISS), because they are still in the hand.

Hope this helps,

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: REPLY NEEDED REGARDING AWAY STATUS:
    In Response to REPLY NEEDED REGARDING AWAY STATUS : Hi gixxer, As you say, there have been a number of comments regarding this, so it's definitely something we'll look at improving, to make it much clearer when a player is away. In the mean time, please see the following picture: In this picture, skimmercfc is away — their seat is a darker blue than the other players. However, it is not completely greyed out (like PARISS), because they are still in the hand. Hope this helps, Chris Sky Poker Technical Team
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB
    Hi Chris
    What table is this as it looks different to the ones i've just been on?
    The tables i'm seeing have no border around the table and it just merges into the background.

This one has better contrast between table and background and the fonts look bigger & clearer.
  • Options
    Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2013
    Hi Vespa,

It sounds like you're using the mini view, which looks like this (jaknip is the away player this time):

The new tables are fully resizable whether you're using your web browser or the download client — just click and drag the edge of the window with your mouse.

If the window always opens in mini view, and you'd rather it didn't, you can change this via the Options menu — in Gameplay preferences, uncheck "Open in Mini View" and click Save.

You can read more information on the new tables in our FAQ by clicking here.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited November 2013
    Needs to be obvious,stand out this does not :-( 
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: REPLY NEEDED REGARDING AWAY STATUS:
    Hi Vespa, It sounds like you're using the mini view, which looks like this (jaknip is the away player this time): The new tables are fully resizable whether you're using your web browser or the download client — just click and drag the edge of the window with your mouse. If the window always opens in mini view, and you'd rather it didn't, you can change this via the Options menu — in Gameplay preferences, uncheck "Open in Mini View" and click Save. You can read more information on the new tables in our FAQ by  clicking here .
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB
    Cheers Chris - sussed it out now
    Had it opening in Mini view
    Cheers
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November 2013
    I still think there needs to be a clearer difference between the away player and the folded player.
    They are far too similar when you are glancing round several tables.
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited November 2013
    Exactly. What was wrong with having the word "away" there?
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 212
    edited November 2013
    well its better but yeah agree still difficult to spot if playing say 9 tables I would miss it more often than not the word away would deffo help
    cheers
  • Options
    petie127petie127 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    In Response to
    i hear Ladbrokes poker site nowadays

REPLY NEEDED REGARDING AWAY STATUS:
    Can we please have a reply on this as soon as possible as its appearing on a large number of threads We need to know when a player is sat out/away particularly in dyms and especially when  multitabling Is anyone looking into this and is there plans to do something as from a personal point of view without being able to see this information I feel that I will no longer be able to play anywhere near the volume of games I previously played as losing a few games because of not knowing players are away is enough to turn a winning session into a losing one and to be honest would probably make me play elsewhere
    Posted by gixxerk4