You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

HU SNG re-match

SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
edited December 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I played a £21 HU sng tonight and when offered a re-match the opponent accepted but I decided not to as to be honest I had no edge over him so felt it pointless to continue.

Instead of clicking decline, I clicked the cross in the top right of the dialogue box to close the window.  For some reason the re-match then started anyway.  has anybody else experienced this on the new software?

I know for a fact that I did not click accept to the re-match but apparently as I played the game (and yes, I did lose!)  I'm a liar.

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2013
    Never had this, but haven't used the new tables yet so sounds like it may be specific to that.

There is a glitch though sometimes when you click agree to rematch, it pops up saying a re-match will be started, but instead it just registers you for a new game at the same stake in the lobby.

Think it happens more often when the opponent is or has been 'away'.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, I've never had it on the old tables, will see what the powers that be have to say.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited November 2013
    In Response to HU SNG re-match:
    I played a £21 HU sng tonight and when offered a re-match the opponent accepted but I decided not to as to be honest I had no edge over him so felt it pointless to continue. Instead of clicking decline, I clicked the cross in the top right of the dialogue box to close the window.  For some reason the re-match then started anyway.  has anybody else experienced this on the new software? I know for a fact that I did not click accept to the re-match but apparently as I played the game (and yes, I did lose!)  I'm a liar.
    Posted by Slykllist
    when you x out of the dialogue box it will carry out its default action, as you haven't given it a specific action yourself
    maybe the default is "accept"?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: HU SNG re-match:
    In Response to HU SNG re-match : when you x out of the dialogue box it will carry out its default action, as you haven't given it a specific action yourself maybe the default is "accept"?
    Posted by GELDY
    Maybe it is, but it really shouldn't be should it?
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: HU SNG re-match : Maybe it is, but it really shouldn't be should it?
    Posted by Slykllist
    guess not - might be worth trying it out again with someone who you wish to replay, to see if it is reproducible
  • Options
    TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited November 2013
    Did you type gg or summat?

If you press enter at the wrong time it can select rematch.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited November 2013
    new software seems to just act on you're behalf, no word of a lie it min raised for me utg with 57 off today in a tournament.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited November 2013
    That'll be probably because you chatted on another table and the focus changed or you just hit enter when the focus was on that table.  Go into the options and change the focus options to prevent this happening again.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I did type in the chat box, so this could be the cause, it's not right that it defaults to accept surely?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    new software seems to just act on you're behalf, no word of a lie it min raised for me utg with 57 off today in a tournament.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I had similar actually, I didn't think I pressed any buttons but I open min raised utg with J4o.  Obvs I played it like a boss and won the hand so didn't think much more about it until I read your post.  

• Options
    DivsDreamsDivsDreams Member Posts: 301
    edited November 2013
    try roller last hand pres to jam it min raises.. joke tables I m o
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited November 2013
    In Response to HU SNG re-match:
    I played a £21 HU sng tonight and when offered a re-match the opponent accepted but I decided not to as to be honest I had no edge over him so felt it pointless to continue. Instead of clicking decline, I clicked the cross in the top right of the dialogue box to close the window.  For some reason the re-match then started anyway.  has anybody else experienced this on the new software? I know for a fact that I did not click accept to the re-match but apparently as I played the game (and yes, I did lose!)  I'm a liar.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Hi Slykllist,

Thank you for your post regarding this problem that you experienced. You should have heard from or will be hearing from customer care about this.

We have tried to recreate your problem and we have a theory of what we believe has happened. When closing the rematch box with the "x" in the top right corner, another box pops up asking if you would like to play a similar sit n go. If you then hit the enter key it will launch the similar Sit N Go as though you have accepted this. In your case your opponent must have done the same thing and therefore it has placed you in what appears to be a direct rematch.

To avoid this happening in the future we are going to prevent the "Play Similar Sit N Go" box appearing after you have closed the rematch pop up by clicking the "x" in the top right corner.

On a side issue we have made progress investigating some of the reports on the auto focus issues. We will address this in another thread.

Thanks

Sam

• Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited December 2013
    Hi Slykllist,

Following the feedback that you have given about the rematch, we have made a slight change to the process after a Heads up Sit N Go has completed.

On the completion of the Sit N Go you will still be asked if you would like a rematch. When closing the rematch box with the "x" in the top right corner, you will no longer be presented with a box asking if you would like to play a similar Sit N Go. This will avoid the scenario where you can accidentally register for another Sit N Go by pressing enter.

If you do wish to play another game, just go back to the lobby and find the game you would like to play.

Thanks

Sam