You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Some Improvements Released Today (03/12/2013) - "Player's Away In A Tournament"

Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
edited December 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback that you have been giving us abut the new software. We are always monitoring this so please keep it coming.

The main focus at the moment is the development and production of the "Classic" Mini view which you can read about and see how it will look here, as well as tablet support which we know many of you are asking for. However whilst all this is ongoing we are developing other improvements that we have taken from the feedback received.

Something that a lot of you have asked for is an improvement in the ease of seeing when somebody is away from the table in a tournament. This is now a lot clearer at the table with the Word "Away" written across the appropriate players avatar in both standard view and mini view. 

There is also now the ability to set yourself away from a Sit N Go or Tournament by ticking the 'Away' box above the chat box in the bottom left corner of the table.

We've also subtly reduced the brightness of the pink, blue and green on the action buttons and the player plinths, as some of you have commented that it was a little too sharp.

We are also currently working on improving the auto focus functionality, again based on your feedback, we will update you in the next few days on how we are progressing with this and the bigger improvements (classic mini view and tablet support)

Let us know what you think, and as already mentioned please keep all feedback coming, one of the greatest benefits of the new software is the speed we can improve it, whilst some of these changes may appear simple, they would have taken many months to deliver previously on the old software.

Thanks

Sam

Comments

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,061
    edited December 2013
    Cheers for the update Sam

Its good to know that improvements can be made this quickly with the new software.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited December 2013
    Saw it earlier.Better than it was.

• Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited December 2013
    Good work! 

Any chance of a quick link for hand history in mini view?
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Some Improvements Released Today (03/12/2013) - "Player's Away In A Tournament":
    Good work!  Any chance of a quick link for hand history in mini view?
    Posted by jdsallstar
    And in normal view could be next to the away button and need to reduce the size of tourney info so you can see it all with out scrolling.
  • Options
    DoubleAAADoubleAAA Member Posts: 954
    edited December 2013
    Quick link to HH would be awsome somewhere above the table.
  • Options
    Sky_ChrisBSky_ChrisB Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2013
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that you can access your Hand History by clicking on the hand IDs in the information area at the top of the screen:

You can also click on any of the hand IDs in the chat box.

Thanks for your feedback!

Chris
  • Options
    jdsallstarjdsallstar Member Posts: 1,675
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Some Improvements Released Today (03/12/2013) - "Player's Away In A Tournament":
    Hi guys, Just wanted to let you know that you can access your Hand History by clicking on the hand IDs in the information area at the top of the screen: You can also click on any of the hand IDs in the chat box. Thanks for your feedback! Chris
    Posted by Sky_ChrisB

Thanks Chris for the reply but I'm talking about a quick link in mini view. It's a little cumbersome to go through game info tab option. You click the tab then have to scroll down to click it which isn't ideal when you're running a few tables. Furthermore then if you want to check your position in the tournament on the game info tab you have to scroll back up.

It's not a major issue but would be just better if it was easier to access.

In chat box I like to only show player chat so the hh in the chat box option doesn't suit either.

On the original issue the away player graphics are much better and in general I really like the new software now. When I first started playing on it I thought I would switch immediately to the new classic mini view when it became available but I don't think I will now. I realise there's still a few glitches here and there but once they're ironed out I think the software will be a real positive for the site.

• Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    edited December 2013
    Hi Guys

Good work with the  " AWAY " player

Much improved

Thanks
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited December 2013
    Agree with the above, this is a significant improvement.
  • Options
    gixxerk4gixxerk4 Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2013
    well done guys done pretty quickly and thanks for listening much easier to spot when in mini and multitabling
    cheers
  • Options
    Muad_DibMuad_Dib Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2013
    Strange request for feedback on the new software.

Sky Joe starts a thread asking for feedback but the thread does not allow replies - so is everyone supposed to start a new thread?

I have already posted regarding my biggest gripe with the new software - it crashes several times every night if I play more than 2-3 tables - but there does not appear to be any interaction other than with other players experiencing the same problem. Can you offer any explanation/solutions?

Other than that the software is OK but I think several improvements could be made to the lobby area, which is quite poor.

The filters are close to useless, why is it not possible to filter by all selection options of tournament type, buy-in etc. etc.?

Can an option not be provided to remove the constant pop-ups every time I log in and out? While this was a minor annoyance before it is now becoming a genuine source of frustration as I have to log in and out several times an evening due to the constant crashing. These pop-ups just get in the way and slow down an already annoying process.
    I know what you have to offer, I don't need a reminder 10 times a day.

Also, on the playing side, why is it in Bounty Hunter tournaments that on the occasion of a split pot whioh sees a 3rd player knocked out the bounty seems to always be awarded to the player to the left of the one eliminated rather than being split equally between any players that share the pot?

One final thing for now, regarding your poker points - can anything else be done with them other than using them to enter free-rolls?

Now the free-rolls are no longer for reasonable sums of cash but just tournament tickets - can we not just trade points directly for tournament tickets? 
    I gain more points per day than there are free-rolls so what am I to do with the spare points I accumulate? 
    These points jsut seem a little pointless I'm afraid.

I would be very appreciative of any response.

Thanks,
  • Options
    a00rocka00rock Member Posts: 832
    edited December 2013
    The away is excellent no one can now say they were not aware that someone was sat out. Well done.
  • Options
    staplegunstaplegun Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2013
    The away is excellent no one can now say they were not aware that someone was sat out. Well done.
    Posted by a00rock
    Its annoying having to wait 30 secs while an away player has an option to rebuy. This can be many times in a FR tournament.
  • Options
    Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984
    edited December 2013
    Strange request for feedback on the new software. Sky Joe starts a thread asking for feedback but the thread does not allow replies - so is everyone supposed to start a new thread? I have already posted regarding my biggest gripe with the new software - it crashes several times every night if I play more than 2-3 tables - but there does not appear to be any interaction other than with other players experiencing the same problem. Can you offer any explanation/solutions? Other than that the software is OK but I think several improvements could be made to the lobby area, which is quite poor. The filters are close to useless, why is it not possible to filter by all selection options of tournament type, buy-in etc. etc.? Can an option not be provided to remove the constant pop-ups every time I log in and out? While this was a minor annoyance before it is now becoming a genuine source of frustration as I have to log in and out several times an evening due to the constant crashing. These pop-ups just get in the way and slow down an already annoying process. I know what you have to offer, I don't need a reminder 10 times a day. Also, on the playing side, why is it in Bounty Hunter tournaments that on the occasion of a split pot whioh sees a 3rd player knocked out the bounty seems to always be awarded to the player to the left of the one eliminated rather than being split equally between any players that share the pot? One final thing for now, regarding your poker points - can anything else be done with them other than using them to enter free-rolls? Now the free-rolls are no longer for reasonable sums of cash but just tournament tickets - can we not just trade points directly for tournament tickets?  I gain more points per day than there are free-rolls so what am I to do with the spare points I accumulate?  These points jsut seem a little pointless I'm afraid. I would be very appreciative of any response. Thanks,
    Posted by Muad_Dib

Hi Muad Dib

The forum has this Feedback section where we encourage people to post. This can be on any thread as we read this section every day.

The issue that you are having with the software crashing is one that we are keen to investigate. We ask anybody that experiences such an issue to liaise with our customer care department. The reason that we cannot resolve this via the forum is that we may need to ask you a series of questions about when this is happening and what you are using to play. The more contacts we get about this, the more investigating we can do.

The tournament lobby gives the option to filter by type of tournament above the tournaments that are in the lobby. For example you have the option to search for Bounty Hunters, freerolls etc..

You can also filter buy in ranges (micro, Small, Medium, High) at the bottom of the tournament lobby. Additional filters can be accessed in the bottom right corner of the lobby, this allows you to search for different limit types, table speeds and the state of a tournament.

The screens that you see when logging in and out cannot be disabled by the user. However you should only see these screens a maximum of 3 times per day. Should we manage to resolve the issue that you have with the software crashing, you should only need to log in and out of the software once.

With regards to your question about the Bounty Hunter tournament. It is impossible to split a player’s bounty, it can only be awarded in full to 1 player. Should 2 (or more) players split a pot in the process of knocking another player out, the bounty will go to the player (involved in the hand) who had the most chips at the start of the hand. If all players had identical chipstacks then it would be randomised, this is extremely rare.

The poker points that you earn through the course of a month are converted into cash by our loyalty scheme Sky Poker Rewards. The rewards bonuses are paid as cash on the 5th business day of the month, these rewards are due for payment today so keep an eye out for your bonus later today!

Please let us know how you get on and we will look out for your reports to customer care so we can help support getting your issues with the software crashing resolved.

Thanks

Sam

• Options
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Some Improvements Released Today (03/12/2013) - "Player's Away In A Tournament" : Hi Muad Dib   The forum has this Feedback section where we encourage people to post. This can be on any thread as we read this section every day.   The issue that you are having with the software crashing is one that we are keen to investigate. We ask anybody that experiences such an issue to liaise with our customer care department. The reason that we cannot resolve this via the forum is that we may need to ask you a series of questions about when this is happening and what you are using to play. The more contacts we get about this, the more investigating we can do.   The tournament lobby gives the option to filter by type of tournament above the tournaments that are in the lobby. For example you have the option to search for Bounty Hunters, freerolls etc.. You can also filter buy in ranges (micro, Small, Medium, High) at the bottom of the tournament lobby. Additional filters can be accessed in the bottom right corner of the lobby, this allows you to search for different limit types, table speeds and the state of a tournament.   The screens that you see when logging in and out cannot be disabled by the user. However you should only see these screens a maximum of 3 times per day. Should we manage to resolve the issue that you have with the software crashing, you should only need to log in and out of the software once.   With regards to your question about the Bounty Hunter tournament. It is impossible to split a player’s bounty, it can only be awarded in full to 1 player. Should 2 (or more) players split a pot in the process of knocking another player out, the bounty will go to the player (involved in the hand) who had the most chips at the start of the hand. If all players had identical chipstacks then it would be randomised, this is extremely rare.   The poker points that you earn through the course of a month are converted into cash by our loyalty scheme  Sky Poker Rewards . The rewards bonuses are paid as cash on the 5 th business day of the month, these rewards are due for payment today so keep an eye out for your bonus later today!   Please let us know how you get on and we will look out for your reports to customer care so we can help support getting your issues with the software crashing resolved.   Thanks   Sam
    Posted by Sky_SamT

Thanks for your reply Sam, I will contact the Customer Care team.

Regarding the points I raised and your replies:

With the lobby I meant more the ability to make multiple selections. For example if I want to look for regular and Bounty Hunter tournaments with buy-ins between £5-£11 I have to do 4 different searches and I still see more than double the number of tournaments I am actually interested in. A greater degree of flexibility of selection would be useful.

I understand that the advertising pop-ups cannot be user-disabled, I am asking if they could be. Or at the very least limited, as I say even seeing them every single time I log in and out even if that is only once each a day is more often than is necessary.

A late edit to this post is that I have just had another pop-up appear while writing this post, telling me about double points in cash games, which I have absolutely no interest in. Although this pop-up should have appeared in the lobby it has actually popped-up over my browser and cannot be closed. This has locked my browser and has meant that I have had to completely re-write this post. Very frustrating.

With regard to the splitting of bounties I do not really understand your reply - why is this not possible, other sites do it and it is surely the fairest way.

Even if it is not possible why should the bounty be awarded to the bigger stack? Why not the original raiser or first caller? Or indeed why not the smaller stack, given that he has risked more in the hand?

As for the poker points, I understand that I receive c.1p back in the pound via a cash reward but I am talking about the actual points.

As far as I am aware the only thing I can do with these points is use them to enter free-roll tournaments.

The selection of these is really quite unappealing.

I can either enter some tournaments with £20 prize pools and possibly 200+ players - I really have no interest in spending my time playing these tournaments - or I can play for some of the DoubleGTD tournament tickets.

Those tournaments are of slightly more interest but even there I would still rather pay the 300 points or whatever to gain direct entry to the tournament rather than have to play these free-rolls.

Given that that is not currently an option I am entering the free-rolls but here again you have limited my options - you have 2 tournaments offering the same prize running within 15 minutes of each other. Is it worth my while to enter both when I can only win 1 ticket? Do I want to risk another crash by playing 2 free-rolls in addition to any tournaments that I have paid to enter? Several hundred players will no doubt enter those tournaments with only the top 9 perhaps getting 'paid' - that is a long time for fairly modest reward and it is all time that I cannot be playing in buy-in tournaments. Surely this is not what either of us wants.

At the moment I am playing in more of these free-rolls than I can really be bothered with and yet I am still picking up more points than I am spending every day - I would suggest that you should either run more, and more worthwhile, free-rolls, or provide another way to spend these points, with tournament buy-ins being the most obvious option.

Regards

• Options
    a00rocka00rock Member Posts: 832
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Some Improvements Released Today (03/12/2013) - "Player's Away In A Tournament" : Its annoying having to wait 30 secs while an away player has an option to rebuy. This can be many times in a FR tournament.
    Posted by staplegun
    Why don't you raise it as an issue? Its certainly got nothing to do with my post!
  • Options
    davhotreddavhotred Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2013
    Removing POP-UPS!

Go into the program file into HTML and delete 'Marketing Splash'

Sky Samt you are obviously either not a programmer or tainted with the Sky is right and everyone else (customers) are wrong!
  • Options
    staplegunstaplegun Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Some Improvements Released Today (03/12/2013) - "Player's Away In A Tournament" : Why don't you raise it as an issue? Its certainly got nothing to do with my post!
    Posted by a00rock
    Oh I'm sorry, I thought we were discussing away players. Next time I will ask the forum police for their permission before I post. Don't want to offend your sensibilities again.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Removing POP-UPS! Go into the program file into HTML and delete 'Marketing Splash' Sky Samt you are obviously either not a programmer or tainted with the Sky is right and everyone else (customers) are wrong!
    Posted by davhotred
    Nice one Dav! If only I'd known it was that easy.