You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Players are 'away' for too long

Craigo23Craigo23 Member Posts: 2
edited December 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Especially during sit n gos I find that players are away for too long and sometimes even the whole game, and most of the time this means they end up cashing, especially during DYM's. There needs to be a limit as to how long they can be away for, say 2 or 3 blind levels, and if they are not back they should just be removed from the game. Because otherwise it isn't a fair game. Does anyone else agree?

Comments

• Options
    bayutdbayutd Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Players are 'away' for too long:
    Especially during sit n gos I find that players are away for too long and sometimes even the whole game, and most of the time this means they end up cashing, especially during DYM's. There needs to be a limit as to how long they can be away for, say 2 or 3 blind levels, and if they are not back they should just be removed from the game. Because otherwise it isn't a fair game. Does anyone else agree?
    Posted by Craigo23
    100% correct, it is technically cheating
  • Options
    churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited December 2013
    lololol when some1 is away how is it cheating?

its upto you and the others on the table too realise and just blind the away player out.

and as for them winning that is more a problem with you and the others at the tables play.

you should see an away player as 1 less too beat
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited December 2013
    Posted by Craigo23
    If your letting an away player get to the cash in a DYm then theres something wrong with your play and others at the table
  • Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited December 2013
    Posted by Craigo23
    the old adage they pay their money they can do what they want and no I don't agree with you on these views

there could be a whole host of reasons why they have been away fro so long.

I fail to see the logic with you wanting them removed from the table after so long. how about we go with your option of removing them, should we also remove their money from the prizepool? no, didn't think so.

• Options
    TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Players are 'away' for too long:
    In Response to Players are 'away' for too long : 100% correct, it is technically cheating
    Posted by bayutd
    would love you to explain how this is cheating
  • Options
    mac24mac24 Member Posts: 242
    edited December 2013
    I registered for a dym a few days back and was hit by the problems with the software of the table not opening properly. I ended up having to re-start my IE and log back in by which time the DYM had finished, and yes I had cashed.

If the other players had wanted to bust me out they could have easily but chose not to, so who is to blame?
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited December 2013
    Posted by Craigo23
    I have play thousands of DYMs.  I've seen someone disconnected or away from the game hundreds of times.  I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times they have cashed.  You are either making this judgement from an incredibly small sample size or are simply mistaken.

If someone is away from the entire game there is nothing technically or morally wrong.

If you remove someone from the game what do you do with the chips?  It's unfair to just remove them from the tournament and some sort of even split would utterly change the game dynamic.

If you can't outlast an away play I suggest you post a few hands in the clinic and hopefully the community will be able to help you with your game.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Players are 'away' for too long : 100% correct, it is technically cheating
    Posted by bayutd
    No, you are technically incorrect.  And untechnically incorrect.  Long story short, you are wrong.  And incorrect.
  • Options
    percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited December 2013
    quit poker op
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited December 2013
    To the OP - would you rather they were there but just didn't play any hands, at least if they are "Away" it doens't eat up any of the tournament clock when they are automatically folded
  • Options
    SUEBOLOSUEBOLO Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Players are 'away' for too long : I have play thousands of DYMs.  I've seen someone disconnected or away from the game hundreds of times.  I can count on the fingers of one hand the amount of times they have cashed.  You are either making this judgement from an incredibly small sample size or are simply mistaken. If someone is away from the entire game there is nothing technically or morally wrong. If you remove someone from the game what do you do with the chips?  It's unfair to just remove them from the tournament and some sort of even split would utterly change the game dynamic. If you can't outlast an away play I suggest you post a few hands in the clinic and hopefully the community will be able to help you with your game.
    Posted by TommyD