You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Annoying problem that I can't seem to work out

Mozza1987Mozza1987 Member Posts: 175
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I play both pokerstars and sky poker yet for some reason I am making quite a bit of money on pokerstars while on sky I have made pretty much nothing. I always seem to get into the money and the final table quite regulary yet on here I am always busting out early and I can't understand why. I think I play a decent game so not sure if its the quicker type of games that sky generally have does not suit my game. Really starting to annoy me as I enjoy sky poker but I don't see the point playing if I am never going to make any cash. I personally don't see the skill in the tournaments that have the blinds going up every 5 mins with the blind amounts getting considerably bigger. All that happens you end up going all in with a nothing hand because you are just not getting the luck with the hands. The tournament is largely based on luck of the draw. I know there is longer tournaments on here but not enough people seem to play them. Also tournaments like the bounty hunter changes the way you play when you shouldn't. You end up calling stupid bets which I have done myself to take people's bounties to make some money. This makes people unreadable as you dont know if they are just doing it to gain bounties. This happened with a hand of mine that was shown on the club tonight. Just would like to say was slightly unhappy with the way they talked about my play not just in this hand but the other one they shown as well. I explained my reason for doing both yet they seem to "forget" to mention this on the show. One reason was due to me being very short stacked with the blinds about to go up again very soon and the other was because it seemed to me the player was just trying to steal the bounty. With the bounty one I would always lay this hand down in any other tournaments but becuase of the bounty this made me play it different which is why I do not like this format anymore.

Just would like to know from people how should you go about playing these fast paced tournaments as I cant get to grips with them at all? I am a player who likes to wait for the hands and it serves me well in the format on pokerstars but it seems to totally backfire on sky. I tried changing my game in the last few tournaments but find myself doing stupid things because of it.

Very confusing lol!

Comments

• VIRUSXXXVIRUSXXX Member Posts: 27
    edited July 2009

It's natural, some sites have players that suit your game better than others. The question that you probably need to ask yourself is how do i adapt and progress my game to play on Sky Poker?

I for one, run well on Tilt yet couldn't cash to save my life on stars - until i adapted my game to suit the stars play. Tilt is all about the reraise, 3 bet 4 bet miami type play - which i like. Stars is more about the trappy limp with aces - almost more "limity" in action in my opinion.

Sky, i've turned up 1/2 an hour late to tournies - don't ask me why - i had a senior moment which at my age is rather distressing to say the least - and still cash, by literally being aggressive. Not blinding out with the big hands and making others make the mistakes.

It's about adapting, and to be honest by playing on sites which don't favour your natural style, although not particularly rewarding in the short term can make you a far more impressive opponent in the long term. I hope this doesn't sound preachy as that is not my intention - just a case of don't give up, keep adapting working out new strats for the site - and you will have more fun than ever before!