You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Turbo mega stack tournament

haylez83haylez83 Member Posts: 345
edited January 2014 in Community Suggestions
I am a massive fan of the mega stacks  I would Iove to see a mega stack on sky mayb around the 11 - pound buy in level, or  maybe even as a main event on other sites it is very popular, I seem to only go to the other sites to play these competitions as sky dont offer them at his time.
This is only my thoughts/ opinion I would like to know people's thoughts if it has been suggested before and ignored for good reason please take it easy on me, I am just trying to contribute to mt favourite poker site and trying to get more involved.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited January 2014
    i think they used to run one on a sunday called super stack, no idea if it still runs, as for having it as a main event i strongly disagree, we already have one £11.00 main event, add another and calling it the main event then becomes laughable!!!
  • Options
    haylez83haylez83 Member Posts: 345
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo mega stack tournament:
    i think they used to run one on a sunday called super stack, no idea if it still runs, as for having it as a main event i strongly disagree, we already have one £11.00 main event, add another and calling it the main event then becomes laughable!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Fair comment just thought it was worth a suggestion, as i personally go to a different site to play this sort of game and it gets many runners much more than any main event on here.

i was thinking if it was a main event it wouldnt be 11 quid maybe 33 or 55, oh yes i remember that super stack on a sunday i think that started too early for me doing sunay dinners for the kids.

i would ike that sort of compeition to return around the 7-8pm time slot would be fantastic for me.

I was speaking to a few regulars on the site and they mentioned that they don't play the turbo open as it too fast and i suggested wouldn't a megastack be better and they seemed to agree so i just thought i would make a suggestion in case others where open to the idea or not as the case maybe.

if it got more involved or got more people to sky it could only be a good thing.
    only my opinion, i see your point as well.

thanks in advance for reading.
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2014
    I would definitely prefer a deep stack to the current turbo on Tuesday, but I guess now that the roller is on Sunday (effectively a deep stack tournament), there would be little incentive to throw on another one.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo mega stack tournament:
    In Response to Re: Turbo mega stack tournament : Fair comment just thought it was worth a suggestion, as i personally go to a different site to play this sort of game and it gets many runners much more than any main event on here. i was thinking if it was a main event it wouldnt be 11 quid maybe 33 or 55, oh yes i remember that super stack on a sunday i think that started too early for me doing sunay dinners for the kids. i would ike that sort of compeition to return around the 7-8pm time slot would be fantastic for me. I was speaking to a few regulars on the site and they mentioned that they don't play the turbo open as it too fast and i suggested wouldn't a megastack be better and they seemed to agree so i just thought i would make a suggestion in case others where open to the idea or not as the case maybe. if it got more involved or got more people to sky it could only be a good thing. only my opinion, i see your point as well. thanks in advance for reading.
    Posted by haylez83
    i prefer deep stacked tournaments but we are in a minority, the turbo main event gets 500+ runners and the 12k bounty hunter which has a faster structure get 400+ runners, deep stacks wouldnt get anywhere near that. oviously other sites you go to will get more runners because it has more traffic. i play on stars a fair bit and just about every tournament i ever play the prizepool is smashed into twice the size of its advertized guarentee. but they have the traffic being a worldwide site, you start a new deepstack main event on here and it would meet the guarentee for a couple of weeks then it would start getting overlay and eventually the guarentte would drop then it would be scrapped imo.