You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

time bank

ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
edited February 2014 in Community Suggestions
like other sites. A starting amount that slightly increases the deeper you go for tournaments and a set amount for cash tables. Once its gone its gone. So it doesn't slow play down too much but gives you some extra time when making those difficult decisions.

Its a pretty basic feature. Cant believe sky doesn't have one

Comments

• kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
    edited January 2014
    Im glad sky dont have one the time bank is to much as it is, i 8+ table and dont need that much time to decide ,

Players will just take the pi ss if it gets introduced only time id ever say a time bank should be introduced is the final table of the main that is it anywhere else it is not needed.
  • KAM99KAM99 Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2014
    I used to play up to 6 hours a day, playing 6-8 tables 6-max cash game on another site and that has time bank that has set amount that refils over time. In a few year of play I never to my memory  saw it abused. From my experience they have no need to abuse it, so why would they? Only tends to be used if they put in a tough spot with a hard call to make etc. Nobody at cash table really wants a slow game.

I will say that I have seen it kind of mis-used in tournaments with players on small stacks when the bubble is close and they are more focused on a min-cash (yes they are nuts) than trying to run deep. Still they only get to do it once. But this is only place I've seen it abused (if that is the right term for it).

I've been playing on other sites about 6 years, so seen and used time banks a fair bit. Not sure why you think they would be abused.  I also think it is a good tool for the novice player that sometimes needs a little more thinking time on some occasions to work out where they are in the hand. While experienced player often need only a second or two to make a choice it's not the same for all players. And even the good players get in spots where they aren't sure where they are in the hand. I know it happens to me.
  • churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: time bank:
    Im glad sky dont have one the time bank is to much as it is, i 8+ table and dont need that much time to decide , Players will just take the pi ss if it gets introduced only time id ever say a time bank should be introduced is the final table of the main that is it anywhere else it is not needed.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    plus1 this has been going on for ages (check the multiple different threads)and gladly sky has still not introduced 1and hopefully they never do
  • jugglegeekjugglegeek Member Posts: 623
    A time bank would be great. Sometimes you get in tough spots and need a second or two to think through a tough decision.

Perhaps a solution could be to give a slightly longer clock on the river. People running the clock down to fold pre-flop can get annoying. But I don't mind people tanking on the river. Kinda adds to the drama.

The clock on Sky Poker is very short compared to other sites
  • Summers119Summers119 Member Posts: 193
    I like the idea of a small time bank for when you are deeper in tournaments but then again, I love how the play on Sky is fast so overall I don't think they need to upset the rhythm.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,075
    30 second time bank which reloads every hour for mtts 15 second 1 use only time bank for dym, Maybe 1 minute 1 use bank for final tables.

Cash players well theyre all barking anyway and prob would never use one, lol.

Mark