You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why is it......

HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
That when you punch above your weight and enter a tourny you shouldn't you either get card dead or completely forget how to effing play poker!

I played a game with mates tonight and bagged myself a cool 20 pound.
So i came on, had around 6 pound in my Sky Poker account so i thought due to chrimbo shopping tommorow and partying im not gonna be playing online till at earliest boxing day. So anyway, i entered a 5pound bounty hunter and literally i had AQ once and then the rest were constant p00 (Why is this filtered it's something we naturally do ;), i had no chance of bluffing because i don't know if anyones noticed people call with ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING in bounty hunter (i really can never cash in these).

But anyway exitting hand was A9....

Is it just me or are there many people alike?

Anyhow, hope everyone has a smashing christmas!

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited December 2009

Aup Bud! - Why dont u play cash? That way being card dead isn't too bad, u still have a chance, the blinds dont force u to play, and u can take your time and settle into the game.

If u go 2p 4p its only gonna cost ya 6p to see 6 hands, so max buy in gets u 400 hands. With that 6 quid u had 1 n half buy ins - u stand more chance in a cash game with 1 n half buy ins than a tourny, especially a bounty, as a 1 off long shot.

Well dun on winnin the 20 beans live, ur mates must be rubbish!!! haha im only jokin. Btw where in sheffield r u?

Have a gud en, DOHH
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2009
    happens to us all m8 like dohh says play cash patience his the name of the game  good luck merry xmas
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    merry xmas mate and agree with the above if ure that unlucky at tourny play then cash is the way forward for you.and for the record i have a great record in b/h prob because i know the ranges are much lower than in other tournys cause of the bounty factor.dav
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited December 2009
    use ur £5 for the £1000 game at 9 oclock much better value than any bounty hunter game.
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Why is it......:
    Aup Bud! - Why dont u play cash? That way being card dead isn't too bad, u still have a chance, the blinds dont force u to play, and u can take your time and settle into the game.   If u go 2p 4p its only gonna cost ya 6p to see 6 hands, so max buy in gets u 400 hands. With that 6 quid u had 1 n half buy ins - u stand more chance in a cash game with 1 n half buy ins than a tourny, especially a bounty, as a 1 off long shot. Well dun on winnin the 20 beans live, ur mates must be rubbish!!! haha im only jokin. Btw where in sheffield r u? Have a gud en, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ha, good idea.

I suppose i enjoy the tourny structures more and i just thought i'd treat myself and that was the tourny happening at the time :D

Anyway bud im from Dinnington, probably not heard of it mind :)