You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

very strange play!!!!

paul77paul77 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
i was playing in the super6 freeroll,when this happens...i get ppa i min raise it preflop to 800,a guy that goes by the name of all-1n pushes preflop 8k,i have 6kodds i call he has pushed with 107c,and hits the flush on th river.i found it strange considering he was playing very tight then chooses to push all his chips in with 107????... and how do you put your hand history onto the post??? 

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    To put hand history on at the top of the sky page is has a heading "My SkyPoker" click hand history and then search through the hands to find it, simply copy and paste it after that.

As for the players play I think he played it well. A min-raise is a sign of weakness and a shove all in over the top is a great play. Not sure what your Pocket Pair was, but im only calling the shove with QQ or higher (player dependant). You said "He was playing very tight" so why did you call his all in? If you only had a mid PP he is either going to have a bigegr pair or 2 picture cards and you at best will be 50/50.

There is nothing wrong with shoving all in because you dont need a hand to call, IMO you are the one playing it badly by calling your stack off on what should of been a 50/50 race at best (from the information had)
  • Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: very strange play!!!!:
    To put hand history on at the top of the sky page is has a heading "My SkyPoker" click hand history and then search through the hands to find it, simply copy and paste it after that. As for the players play I think he played it well. A min-raise is a sign of weakness and a shove all in over the top is a great play. Not sure what your Pocket Pair was, but im only calling the shove with QQ or higher (player dependant). You said "He was playing very tight" so why did you call his all in? If you only had a mid PP he is either going to have a bigegr pair or 2 picture cards and you at best will be 50/50. There is nothing wrong with shoving all in because you dont need a hand to call, IMO you are the one playing it badly by calling your stack off on what should of been a 50/50 race at best (from the information had)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    how did he play this badly when he has pocket Aces?
  • Options
    emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
    edited December 2009
    Freerolls also commonly known as Big Games of Bingo....In Response to very strange play!!!!:
    i was playing in the super6 freeroll,when this happens...i get ppa i min raise it preflop to 800,a guy that goes by the name of all-1n pushes preflop 8k,i have 6kodds i call he has pushed with 107c,and hits the flush on th river.i found it strange considering he was playing very tight then chooses to push all his chips in with 107????... and how do you put your hand history onto the post??? 
    Posted by paul77
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    "When i get PPa" is that what that means?? It looks to me like he is saying he has a PP (of any sort) well if he has AA then unlucky, but he wants the call.

P.S does he post this if his AA holds up??
  • Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: very strange play!!!!:
    "When i get PPa" is that what that means?? It looks to me like he is saying he has a PP (of any sort) well if he has AA then unlucky, but he wants the call. P.S does he post this if his AA holds up??
    Posted by FlashFlush
    i dunno lol, well he must of done wat else would he call a tight player who does that with pmsl,, and no he woulnt post it if his aces stood up people love telling their sob storys lol
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2009

There is no such thing as "strange play" in a freeroll.

It's a freeroll, what else do you expect?
  • Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited December 2009
    i agree with flash.. the min raise may have looked weak and coming over the top would av made you fold.. bet his heart sank when u called, but got lucky!!

its poker tho, you got what you wanted.. by playing it weak you got sum1 to push... its just you got unlucky!! no strange play, just poker