You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

premier league dream team

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited February 2014 in The Football Corner
if you had to pick a premier league best 11 what would it be, dosent have to be on current form or anything just best team, this would be mine,

1 begovic
      2 zabaletta        5 kompany              6 vidic         3 baines

4 toure         8 dembele

10 hazard         8 mata            11 silva 

9 suarez

Comments

• Options
    mondo1985mondo1985 Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2014
                               lloris
    zabaleta         terry      kompany       shaw
                      Toure        matic
           hazard                          silva 
                 Suarez        aguerro
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2014

Lloris

Zabaleta   Kompany   Skertel    Baines

Yaya Gerrard

Mata                                  Silva

Sturridge Suarez
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited February 2014
                       LLoris                    

Zabaleta     Terry     Kompany    Baines

Yaya    Matic

Hazard         Aguero       Suarez

Sturridge 

I'd give Hazard, Aguero and Suarez the license to interchange frequently. 

I know Matic is fairly recently back to the prem, but he looks immense.           
  • Options
    goodylad21goodylad21 Member Posts: 693
    edited February 2014
                                     Hart

Zabaleta         Kompany       Vertongen        Baines

Gerrard

Hazard              Yaya              Silva

Suarez            Aguero          
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited February 2014
    vidic is woeful.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: premier league dream team:
    vidic is woeful.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    hasnt had the best of seasons but its been blighted by injury and he is 32 years old now and well past his best but hes been one of the best defenders the premier league has ever seen and on a good day hes as good as there is in the prem. all opinion sir!!!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited February 2014
    Lloris

zabelata     jagielka  Kompany   coleman

hazard toure gerrard nasri

suarez       aguero
  • Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited February 2014
    Lack of Arsenal players is amazing. 

Can't believe no1 has Ramsey. Short memories 
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Lack of Arsenal players is amazing.  Can't believe no1 has Ramsey. Short memories 
    Posted by 1267
    was only last year he was arsenal fans scapegoat though and they thought he wasnt good enough, been outstanding this year when fit but 4 months brilliance dosent warrant a place in my team unfortunatly.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Ramsey doesn't even come close.

Pappis Cisse had a massive heater a few seasons ago, look at him now.

Andy Caroll.

Francis Jeffers.

Mezzzzut Ozil.

List is endless, players over achieving/looking better than they are due to variables outside of their control.

A lot of variance in football! Right place/right time etc ;)

Knowledge & understanding />>>>>>>> Statistics/Form
  • Options
    edited February 2014

None of them players had nowhere near the impact Ramsey has had.

Not only playing very well for Wales on the international stage, he almost single handedly took Arsenal to the top of the table, scoring and creating goals. 
    Also made the most tackles in the league, a pretty incredible effort.

Gerrard has been absolutely tragic this season, hes had like 2 good games,  scores a few pens and everyone think hes awesome. 

Anyway .... my team .

Hart  (keeper was the hardest decision)

Coleman    Kompany     Cahill        Cole 
        Mata      Yaya           Wilshere      Hazard
                    Suarez          Aguero

Edit .   probs swap Walcott for Mata

• Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: premier league dream team : was only last year he was arsenal fans scapegoat though and they thought he wasnt good enough, been outstanding this year when fit but 4 months brilliance dosent warrant a place in my team unfortunatly.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Fair point. Guranteed lots have him if you did this thread in October.

In general tho, Arsenal 3rd in the prem and only one person i think has an Arsenal player lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    None of them players had nowhere near the impact Ramsey has had. Not only playing very well for Wales on the international stage, he almost single handedly took Arsenal to the top of the table, scoring and creating goals.  Also made the most tackles in the league, a pretty incredible effort. Gerrard has been absolutely tragic this season, hes had like 2 good games,  scores a few pens and everyone think hes awesome.  Anyway .... my team .                Hart  (keeper was the hardest decision) Coleman    Kompany     Cahill        Cole      Mata      Yaya           Wilshere      Hazard                 Suarez          Aguero Edit .   probs swap Walcott for Mata
    Posted by 1267
    If you're picking a team of the season so far, Ramsey would be one of the first names on the list.

If you're picking a team from the prem to play for you tomorrow, he wouldn't even make the bench

The Wilshere selection is the worst on the thread so far (even worse than Hart).

Admittedly I'm not that old, but I've never known a more over-hyper, over-rated player in all my life !
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Wilshere is only 'over-rated' because people rate him so highly after watching him play.

Plus Henderson, Tom clev, Townsend, Ravel , whole list of English players who are more over-rated.

Wilshere has been fantastic for Arsenal and England, just coz he misses a few games through injury people soon forget, just like Ramsey.  Whereas your steveyG's play every week , score a winning penalty and people forgot all the terrible games he's had beforehand.

Wilshere will prove tonight and away at Bayern that he is a top player, and over the next 5 years will become absolutely massive and no dout England skip.

Hope he's fit for the world cup to prove the haters wrong.

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited February 2014
    RossBarkley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jack Wilshere 
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Wilshere is only 'over-rated' because people rate him so highly after watching him play. Plus Henderson, Tom clev, Townsend, Ravel , whole list of English players who are more over-rated. Wilshere has been fantastic for Arsenal and England, just coz he misses a few games through injury people soon forget, just like Ramsey.  Whereas your steveyG's play every week , score a winning penalty and people forgot all the terrible games he's had beforehand. Wilshere will prove tonight and away at Bayern that he is a top player, and over the next 5 years will become absolutely massive and no dout England skip. Hope he's fit for the world cup to prove the haters wrong.
    Posted by 1267
    i rate wilshire highly, hasnt been on top form this year and im sick of seeing him flat on his a** but a top player all the same, dont think he'll be showing why hes a top player tonight though, i think bayern will destroy them home and away to be honest!!!
  • Options
    mondo1985mondo1985 Member Posts: 571
    edited February 2014
    The lack of john terry is more suprising to me then the lack of any arsenal player

won everything there is to win at club level and couldnt think of a better centre back the league has seen in recent years
    england are certainly worse of without him.

• Options
    igimcigimc Member Posts: 625
    edited February 2014
    None of them players had nowhere near the impact Ramsey has had. Not only playing very well for Wales on the international stage, he almost single handedly took Arsenal to the top of the table, scoring and creating goals.  Also made the most tackles in the league, a pretty incredible effort. Gerrard has been absolutely tragic this season, hes had like 2 good games,  scores a few pens and everyone think hes awesome.  Anyway .... my team .                Hart  (keeper was the hardest decision) Coleman    Kompany     Cahill        Cole      Mata      Yaya           Wilshere      Hazard                 Suarez          Aguero Edit .   probs swap Walcott for Mata
    Posted by 1267
    You say in previous post "can't believe no 1 has ramsey".then
    you don't pick ramsey....just LOL
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited February 2014

MARSHALL
            COLEMAN        LOVREN    KOMPANY   EVRA

FERNANDINHO

SILVA        Y TOURE      HAZARD    

SUAREZ

AGUERO