You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker Odds Tourney v cash

POTTSY82POTTSY82 Member Posts: 220
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Play alot of Sit and go's, I used to pay alot of attention to the x2 x4 for the odds on hitting the card(s) you need on the turn and the river,  then realised that it was only really x2 on each card..   but is this really only something that should be used in cash games?  and only be used to work out the chance of the card hitting and ignore the pot odds in tourneys?

As the pot odds could come good 9/10 times but then not on the 10th and your out of the tourney game over.  Where as in cash you can reload and hopefully in the long run be profitable

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited December 2009

Looks like Ive got u in the HU tourny POTTSY! - We have tomorrow,(monday) and tuesday to play it, whens good for u? shud be online most of the day tomorrow especially after 2pm, but probably all day.

Then tuesday night al be on for the TKO freeroll but thats all Ill be playing - so wud prefer tomorrow if thats alright? Let me know, DOHH
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    In cash games, pot odds (and implied odds) are the most important part of the picture although, obviously, manoeuvres such as "Stop 'n' Go" and "floating the flop" play as much a part as in any other form of the game.
    In tournaments there are meta-game considerations such as preserving your tournament life which have to be considered in addition to these facts. However, this definitely does not mean that pot and implied odds are not important in tournaments - there are just more things to consider.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Odds Tourney v cash:
    Looks like Ive got u in the HU tourny POTTSY! - We have tomorrow,(monday) and tuesday to play it, whens good for u? shud be online most of the day tomorrow especially after 2pm, but probably all day. Then tuesday night al be on for the TKO freeroll but thats all Ill be playing - so wud prefer tomorrow if thats alright? Let me know, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    fine with me mate how about 6? im easy whenever though
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeh 6 is alright, probably prefer it abit earlier as Im planning a longgg grinding cash session tomorrow so a fun HU with no pressure wud be a gd way to start, or even break up the cash, but 6 is fine, just wanted to make sure there wasnt any times u cudnt do!

Ill be online throughout the day so will post on this thread when Im on and keep checking it all afternoon then ill hunt ya down!

Im useless heads up so ur draw is as good as a bye!

DOHH
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Odds Tourney v cash:
    Yeh 6 is alright, probably prefer it abit earlier as Im planning a longgg grinding cash session tomorrow so a fun HU with no pressure wud be a gd way to start, or even break up the cash, but 6 is fine, just wanted to make sure there wasnt any times u cudnt do! Ill be online throughout the day so will post on this thread when Im on and keep checking it all afternoon then ill hunt ya down! Im useless heads up so ur draw is as good as a bye! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'll be on before probably so will keep an eye out  
  • Options
    edited December 2009
     Bout 3-15ish pottsy? or netime after - al b ready at 3-15 reply on this thread.