You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Im really good or really bad,, HELP!!

major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Im not sure where to start, but as the headline says, ive final tabled 6/7 times in 8 weeks with winnings of £3k or so but ive also played sooo badly i go out in the first hour or make second hour with a good stack but within 3/4 hands im gone!
I know the mistakes im making but dont seem to stop myself.
On lots of occasions im not believing the players hands so re-raise and they fold but others they stick with it and either get lucky on the river or they were holding FAR better than i put them on and so donk my chips.
How do i correct this play?
I know its a pretty general questions and there are a lot of answers or suggestions but any thoughts?
If any of you have notes on me and dont mind sharing, what are you writing? It sort of defeats the point but im really frustrated and would appreciate anything at all.
I love playing poker and obviously im in a big profit (lots have paid overdraft, credit card and other bills) but im sure i can do so much better than im doing.
There are players on here being spoken about that are really good players (wont mention who in case i miss some out) and i would like to improve enough to be up there with them.
Thanks in anticipation
Major1962

Comments

• Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited December 2009
    ive never played you as far as i can remember so i dont have notes on you but vwd on your 3k and if youre winning why change anything? debs xx
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited December 2009

Good, bad, ugly, who cares? ur 3 grand up.

Ur right it is a genralised question, it's probably just natural tourny variation that happens to every1.

Play for 9/10 months n see what ur overall result is, that will give u an idea.

Also, try cash, if ur gud ull survive if not, u wont.

WD on the wins, DOHH
  • Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2009
    you say you know the mistakes you are making but you cant stop yourself? you say your a nonbeliever so you reraise thats a very strong play if your rite or wrong, your obviously reading the board well and making your decisions based on what the hand story tells you, i think just stick with your instincts keep playing the way you do and just learn from any mistakes you make, also you can post any hands you feel you could of played better in the stratagy section for feedback
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Im really good or really bad,, HELP!!:
    Good, bad, ugly, who cares? ur 3 grand up. Ur right it is a genralised question, it's probably just natural tourny variation that happens to every1. Play for 9/10 months n see what ur overall result is, that will give u an idea. Also, try cash, if ur gud ull survive if not, u wont. WD on the wins, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nuff said!
  • Options
    major1962major1962 Member Posts: 178
    edited December 2009
    Thanks guys, im not sure how to post hands played but,, heres a for instance,, played for 2 1/2 hrs in bh tonight, im 9th,, 31k chips, 2 hands later im out,, ok ive won £30 someting (won place in sat) b ut ive been done on river both hands when maybe i could have recognised my opponents hands and done something different.
    It gets so frustrating ya know?
    Maybe tk or rich etc may be able to access my play and tell me where im going wrong?
    Major