You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How much on the river

LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
edited March 2014 in Strategy
How much would you bet on the river here and why?

Go big for value, or just small. Anyone check this?

CarnageSmall blind £0.05£0.05£19.48nannymay23Big blind £0.10£0.15£8.45jaymaicanSit out     Your hole cardsAK   LARSON7Raise £0.30£0.45£20.26tinman282Fold    simon1965Fold    CarnageCall £0.25£0.70£19.23nannymay23Fold    Flop  92A   CarnageBet £0.53£1.23£18.70LARSON7Raise £1.41£2.64£18.85CarnageCall £0.88£3.52£17.82Turn  4   CarnageCheck    LARSON7Bet £2.64£6.16£16.21CarnageCall £2.64£8.80£15.18River  7   CarnageCheck    LARSON7                     

Comments

• Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2014
    £5 should get a call?
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2014
    £5.80 - Wouldn't be checking readless.
  • Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited March 2014
    £5  
    fold to shove ?
  • Options
    shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited March 2014

Do you have any reads on what his donk bet tends to mean in terms of range?

Are we assuming it must be a weaker ace (and be sick if its A7), middle PP or a 9?

Is he someone that will just keep calling down top/second pair (eg chuck a full pot bet on river) or do you need to make the call more tempting by going around 1/2 pot?

And then if he does raise, is he a bluffy sort of player or only going to be doing it with a set or two pair (with aces and xxx)

Without filling in a few of these blanks I'd probably bet 1/2 pot... hoping to get a call from 9x.

• Options
    bev60bev60 Member Posts: 43
    edited March 2014

Feel a little uneasy when it's a player I know a little. Much prefer xxxx with a few reads.

• Options
    KAM99KAM99 Member Posts: 773
    edited March 2014
    The donk bet might be worth noting. Weaker players tend to donk bet if OOP and they have hit something. Then there are the ones that donk lead a lot because they known you were more likelyt o miss than hit so why let you keep the betting lead.

Still, he answers that he has something by calling the reraise. I would be surprised I think to see him holding a set given he checks the river. However, I know you are pretty aggresive and if he knows this too maybe he would check the river instead of leading out on it after C/C on turn.

Certainly think you have to value bet it, but I'm not a huge fan of big bets on river with TP even if with TK when you've had someone have enough to call reraise on flop. I suspect you are ahead a fair amount of the time with his line and so £5 would be ok, though have to fold to a reraise obviously.

However, my above is read dependant. if he has sat long enough to pick up on your game then maybe he does play passively thinking he gets more out of you than if he does the betting. So small caution I guess, but I'd need a good reason to think he is trapping with a check on the river.

Totally readless and going on his line only I'd have to put him on an ace with a weaker kicker (sometimes same hand for chop). Possibly A9 as well but anything else means he has your number.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    edited March 2014
    Knowing the player I think we can easily bet fold this. I think we are good here a lot and he probably has A10+. We have to make our bet decent so a shove can only be from a better hand. £5+ should do it. If he comes over the top then I'd be confident he got lucky with A9/A7.