You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

"Just keep folding lads"........

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,170
edited December 2021 in Strategy

4 left in a DYM, & one player is AWAY, & down to dust.

Someone writes in the chat-box "just fold to the money lads, & the fella to the right of the AWAY lad raise his BB each time, we all cash then except him".

Is it right to type this, mid-game?

Similarly, with a man all-in, someone types "DON'T RAISE, just check it down".

We should all know this, & do it. But it it right & proper, mid-hand or game, to type such things?

It's a bit near the collusion thing.

Of COURSE we think it, & do it. Typing it, not so much?

Strictly speaking, typing it IS collusion.

Comments

• Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2014
    I've been on the recieving end of chat like that, as the shorty all in. I was livid.

IMO it IS collusion. just because it it mostly common knowledge to play like that, doesnt make it ok to influence peoples decisions mid hand. Poker is not a team game.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: "Just keep folding lads"........:
    I've been on the recieving end of chat like that, as the shorty all in. I was livid. IMO it IS collusion. just because it it mostly common knowledge to play like that, doesnt make it ok to influence peoples decisions mid hand. Poker is not a team game.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Can't disagree with a single word of that. It is really galling to be the Shortie, & then see that typed in the chatbox....

To me, that is blatant cheating. 

We can do it, of course, yes, that's fine, obviously, but we must not SAY it.
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited March 2014
    Yep been on the end of it too. Don't mind when they all say call and check it down when i flop a set of aces though :).

Is blatant cheating and doesn't seem like much we can do about it
  • Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2014
    Yes it is wrong to type it,

However if a player is away and 3 players are there active, it is harsh on them if one of them loses at the expense of someone whos not even playing, thought i wouldnt say that in the chat box as i know its not allowed, If they started folding around, i wouldnt be a douchy and start raising them knowing i could get easy chips

• Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited March 2014
    I don't get why doing it is right, but typing it is wrong? Makes no difference to me.
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited March 2014
    I don't get why doing it is right, but typing it is wrong? Makes no difference to me.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    because if you dont say it then nobody has any proof that ur colluding. if you say it then it is what it is, but when spoken about in chatbox i prefer the word cheating rather than colluding. poker should be played fairly, its only for paper after all and we cant take it it with us!!
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: "Just keep folding lads"........ : because if you dont say it then nobody has any proof that ur colluding. if you say it then it is what it is, but when spoken about in chatbox i prefer the word cheating rather than colluding. poker should be played fairly, its only for paper after all and we cant take it it with us!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    So what if I hypothetically messaged someone outside of poker and got them to collude with me? There's no proof because nothing was said in chat-box, and sky can't moniter my communications outside of skypoker...

It's just rubbish. Employing correct DYM strategy is either colluding or it's not colluding, regardless of what is or isn't said in chatbox.
  • Options
    TeddyBloatTeddyBloat Member Posts: 1,419
    edited March 2014
    If you were in a big cash pot with a fish and a reg who  knows your game told him in the chat box to make a correct call against you, I doubt you would see it as fair game. Likewise if you're the dym bubble  shortie and a fish is about to bluff the best hand out of your all in pot, someone giving him advice on how to best play against you is similarly wrong.

Going back to cash, it's one thing if all the regs know to fold to your 4bet range with certain holdings - its just good players knowing the correct strategy as opposed to active collusion.  its another if they start telling the recs to do so too. The same applies to dyms

People shouldnt be advising your opponents on the correct strategy in game. If it goes on inside the chat box then line has been crossed imo.

• Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2014
    If you were in a big cash pot with a fish and a reg who  knows your game told him in the chat box to make a correct call against you, I doubt you would see it as fair game. Likewise if you're the dym bubble  shortie and a fish is about to bluff the best hand out of your all in pot, someone giving him advice on how to best play against you is similarly wrong. Going back to cash, it's one thing if all the regs know to fold to your 4bet range with certain holdings - its just good players knowing the correct strategy as opposed to active collusion.  its another if they start telling the recs to do so too. The same applies to dyms People shouldnt be advising your opponents on the correct strategy in game. If it goes on inside the chat box then line has been crossed imo.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    well explained.

you might as well play for them if you are allowed to tell them what to do in the chat box??
  • Options
    watto84watto84 Member Posts: 172
    edited March 2014
    Wouldn't type it but would listen and follow. Money is money and if the other player is away they clearly don't want it.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Wouldn't type it but would listen and follow. Money is money and if the other player is away they clearly don't want it.
    Posted by watto84
    Nothing wrong with doing it.

Typing it is the issue though, & that would be improper. IMO, that is.

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    edited March 2014
    When I see this happen I actually type in the chatbox:-

'You can't type that, you can do it but you can't tell others to do it' or similar.

It is collusion pure and simple.

• Options
    freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited March 2014
    A lot of sites disable the chat when a player is all-in. Can't Sky do that to stop some of it? Could just add in T&C's that typing this in chat boxes is collusion and thus forfeits the prize and/or chat ban?