You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Fold my set?

jimb0d1jimb0d1 Member Posts: 660
edited April 2014 in Strategy
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
9DragonQin Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £15.14
jimb0d1 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £14.94
  Your hole cards

upaymenow Fold     
92boi Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £12.43
StuRey Fold     
9DragonQin Raise  £0.45 £0.90 £14.69
jimb0d1 Call  £0.40 £1.30 £14.54
92boi Call  £0.20 £1.50 £12.23
Flop

9DragonQin Bet  £0.30 £1.80 £14.39
jimb0d1 Raise  £1.20 £3.00 £13.34
92boi Fold     
9DragonQin Call  £0.90 £3.90 £13.49
Turn

• J

9DragonQin Check     
jimb0d1 Bet  £3.90 £7.80 £9.44
9DragonQin Call  £3.90 £11.70 £9.59
River

• K

9DragonQin All-in  £9.59 £21.29 £0.00

Readless. What is my move?

Comments

• 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2014

Got to sigh fold readless tbh.

As played this is AQ/KQ so often.

• F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Fold my set?:
    Got to sigh fold readless tbh. As played this is AQ/KQ so often.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    Really? To me it looks like this is QJ/QT so often. Villain should only have AQ/KQ if he has a FD otf.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Fold my set? : Really? To me it looks like this is QJ/QT so often. Villain should only have AQ/KQ if he has a FD otf.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Well, it's a fold either way.
  • 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Fold my set? : Really? To me it looks like this is QJ/QT so often. Villain should only have AQ/KQ if he has a FD otf.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    From my experience when someone min 3-bets pre and then bets tiny on this sort of flop they normally have like AK/AQ/KQ etc but just doesn't want to check.

Judging from the villains overall play in the hand I don't think there folding the flop with these sort of hands when hero raises.

Either way, villain has got some sort of Q a large % of the time imo.

• freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    Readless here it's worth trying to 4bet pre sometimes I think. Villain is either peeing around pre or he has a monster. If he jams over you should have narrowed his range somewhat (unless he's a maniac which we don't yet know). Once this flop then hits you can bet flop to set up AI on turn.
  • grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited April 2014
    Readless here it's worth trying to 4bet pre sometimes I think. Villain is either peeing around pre or he has a monster. If he jams over you should have narrowed his range somewhat (unless he's a maniac which we don't yet know). Once this flop then hits you can bet flop to set up AI on turn.
    Posted by freshfish1
    You don't think 99 is a bit strong to turn into a bluff?

River is a fold readless, too many hands beat us. 
  • CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,804
    edited April 2014
    Played peferct to be fair. Just a horrible run out. Yes he can be bluffing but at this level that is so rare. 

The min 3 bet pre is very confusing though. I would not be susprised if he actually had AA and thought he was still ahead! But sadly there are too many Q's in his range so yea, its a fold. 

Sigh!

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited April 2014
    Raise a bit more on the flop to about £1.80-£2

On the river as everyone else has said just fold.

Most players at 10nl just don't bluff in spots like this.
  • freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Fold my set? : You don't think 99 is a bit strong to turn into a bluff? River is a fold readless, too many hands beat us. 
    Posted by grantorino
    I only recommend doing this some of the time against min raisers. I've only really been playing NL10 for the last two weeks or so and have seen quite a few min 3bets. The ratio of monsters to total rubbish has been about 50:50 from what I've seen. When opponents shove over it's nearly always KK or AA but most of the time they fold to a 4bet. If they do call and we flop this then its happy days and we can set up an AI on the turn rather than wait until that cooler river shows.

I completely agree with your last sentence.

I'm really just going on what I've seen so far in my little micro stakes journey although I know a lot of these guys have far more experience than I do - so feel free to critique me if you think I'm talking rubbish for this level - I'm all for learning:)
  • SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    edited April 2014
    i'd go bigger on the flop, 3/4 on turn and then fold the river.