You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your Poker Player of 2009?

Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Happy returns to all of the Sky Poker community! I hope you've all had a good Christmas...

Seeing how we're coming to the end of the year, now is the time for those magazines to kick into action with their 'Best of 2009' polls. Why should we be left out though? Therefore, let's decide who the  Player of the Year has been according to Sky Poker players. All a bit of fun, isn't it ;)

Now, do we put Tikay in there, or do we try and keep this competitive...

Comments

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2009
    I Voted for Negreanu But would have put my vote in for Akenhead if he was there
  • Options
    MICKYBLUEMICKYBLUE Member Posts: 2,035
    edited December 2009
    i voted ivey, hes just awesome........
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Akenhead is a bit of a glaring omission on my part.... *face palm*
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited December 2009
    Some tough choices there Dave! Isildur and Dwan continue to dominate online and it's good to see one of our own get in the mix aswell but as entertaining as some of his antics are, I can't vote for Schwartz which is why my vote would've gone to Akenhead - he's a class act on and off the table so his finishes in the WSOP/E and winning the Poker Million couldn't have come to a nicer bloke! Out of your list however, I've gone for Lisandro - excellent solid pro and looks like he could take me in a fight so I'm being respectful!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Your Poker Player of 2009?:
    Some tough choices there Dave! Isildur and Dwan continue to dominate online and it's good to see one of our own get in the mix aswell but as entertaining as some of his antics are, I can't vote for Schwartz which is why my vote would've gone to Akenhead - he's a class act on and off the table so his finishes in the WSOP/E and winning the Poker Million couldn't have come to a nicer bloke! Out of your list however, I've gone for Lisandro - excellent solid pro and looks like he could take me in a fight so I'm being respectful!
    Posted by Action_Dan
    Oh, Jeff can look after himself ;)

• Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited December 2009
    timoschenko 4me.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited December 2009
    timoschenko 4me.
    Posted by dantb10
    Is he the russian who came 2nd in the wsop europe 2008 if it is what a player
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Stanislav Alekhin came 2nd in 2008, Ivan Demidov (who made the Vegas November Nine) was 3rd. Timoschenko did final table a WSOPE Event though, and has won WCOOP and the WPT Main Event this year.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,651
    edited December 2009
    Stanislav Alekhin came 2nd in 2008, Ivan Demidov (who made the Vegas November Nine) was 3rd. Timoschenko did final table a WSOPE Event though, and has won WCOOP and the WPT Main Event this year.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    thanks sky dave.Alekhin one for the future him
  • Options
    Action_DanAction_Dan Member Posts: 341
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Your Poker Player of 2009? : Oh, Jeff can look after himself ;) Jeff looking after himself
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I'm guessing that's something to do with 'Ante-Gate' at WSOP few years back? If remember correctly, at one point the young kids face was like 'oh no what have I done?' whilst looking for nearest hole to swallow him up - firmly put in his place by Jeff! If that's the link, I can't wait to get home and watch it again otherwise I've just spent 5 minutes recalling random poker tale for no reason haha...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That's the one, Dan. :)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2009
    hi dave i have gone for phil ivey the man a legand
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited December 2009
    hi,its phil ivey for me the guy is awesome.ps anyone else think he looks a bit like the boxer sugar ray leonard?
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2009
    Fullflush for me....1 Jan 09 never heard of him....31 Dec 09 i have :)

Debs - if u knock back a double JD n squint, yeah...maybe....
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited December 2009
    Went for Big Jeff.  Read his story about his WSOP, unreal stuff.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited December 2009

I voted for Daniel...only because TK, Rich Orford, Mere, Darich, Machka, Loony, LML, Dohh, Darich, Jaegerbomb, rattious, greghogg, acebarry, vaigret, and many many more of my community friends are not on that list :)
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited December 2009

durrrrrr every year... hes turned the game on its head

• Options
    RICHORFORDRICHORFORD Member Posts: 5,571
    edited December 2009
    Surely Akenhead? Final table of the WSOP and WSOPE, and won the Poker Million. Plus he's one of us!
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009
    Surely Akenhead? Final table of the WSOP and WSOPE, and won the Poker Million. Plus he's one of us!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    +1
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited December 2009
    Fullflush for me....1 Jan 09 never heard of him....31 Dec 09 i have :) Debs - if u knock back a double JD n squint, yeah...maybe....
    Posted by diablo_pez
    errr yep gotta lay off the jd