You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

DYM Bubble was this a bad call

stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
edited December 2021 in Strategy
I received a lot of moaning about calling with this hand.

I called as the blinds were getting massive and I thought this was a him or me situation (was it).
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
stuarty117 Small blind  200.00 200.00 1190.00
Big blind  400.00 600.00 3200.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Moaner All-in  2220.00 2820.00 0.00
Fold     
stuarty117 All-in  1190.00 4010.00 0.00
Fold     
Moaner Unmatched bet  830.00 3180.00 830.00
stuarty117 Show
  • A

Moaner Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• K
  • A

Turn

River

stuarty117 Win Pair of Aces 3180.00

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    edited March 2014

You had 6 Bigs behind? Looks a pretty standard call to me. What are we waiting for, K-K or better?

I'd rather be the shover with worse, than the caller with A-6, but with 6 Bigs, we don't have the luxury of waiting much longer. If you folded the A-6 & then get dealt spanners for the next 2 Orbits, you'll be wishing you'd got it in with the A-6.  

You got a lot of moaning for calling? Of COURSE you did - you won the hand. If the other guy wins the hand, & his J-J holds, he does not say a word. Thats just how it works I'm afraid. Some folks can't help having a chunter when they lose a hand.

• Options
    stuarty117stuarty117 Member Posts: 1,395
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble was this a bad call:
    You had 6 Bigs behind? Looks a pretty standard call to me. What are we waiting for, K-K or better? I'd rather be the shover with worse, than the caller with A-6, but with 6 Bigs, we don't have the luxury of waiting much longer. If you folded the A-6 & then get dealt spanners for the next 2 Orbits, you'll be wishing you'd got it in with the A-6.   You got a lot of moaning for calling? Of COURSE you did - you won the hand. If the other guy wins the hand, & his J-J holds, he does not say a word. Thats just how it works I'm afraid. Some folks can't help having a chunter when they lose a hand.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi tikay

I only have 3 big blings left yea i dont like calling. The blinds were also going up to 600 300 soon after that.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited March 2014
    super super standard - you're the short stack with 3 bigs if you fold here. (effectively 2 bigs given you said blinds are going up soon)

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble was this a bad call : Hi tikay I only have 3 big blings left yea i dont like calling. The blinds were also going up to 600 300 soon after that.
    Posted by stuarty117
    THREE bigs?! My bad, l thought it was 6 Bigs. (Shortly to be 2 bigs).

Even more so then.

Anyone who folds A-6 in that spot is doing it allllllll wrong.

And even more reason to think that JJ man was just miffed because he lost. Does he really expect you to fold any Ace with 3 Bigs behind?

It's not your fault the Ace fell, either.

You win this hand nearly 3 times in 10, so Mr JJ wins it over 7 times in 10. He ought to WANT your call, not have a chunter at you. What does he want, J-J to win 10 times out of 10? Ain't gonna happen. 

It's all perfectly standard stuff.
  • Options
    alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2014
    Yep, cant do much else other then all in there
  • Options
    Popeye747Popeye747 Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble was this a bad call : THREE bigs?! My bad, l thought it was 6 Bigs. (Shortly to be 2 bigs). Even more so then. Anyone who folds A-6 in that spot is doing it allllllll wrong. And even more reason to think that JJ man was just miffed because he lost. Does he really expect you to fold any Ace with 3 Bigs behind? It's not your fault the Ace fell, either. You win this hand nearly 3 times in 10, so Mr JJ wins it over 7 times in 10. He ought to WANT your call, not have a chunter at you. What does he want, J-J to win 10 times out of 10? Ain't gonna happen.  It's all perfectly standard stuff.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm calling this 10 times out of 10.
  • Options
    JockBMWJockBMW Member Posts: 2,653
    edited March 2014
    100% right call  3BB's  suited Ace... BRING IT ON ;o)