You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Deep in the Roller

Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Interesting spot imo from the Roller last night.

I've hidden my hand but what range do we shove here/what is the weakest hand you would shove?

At this point, I think I'm 2nd or 3rd in chips with about 15 left
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
launderSmall blind 3000.003000.0099826.50
Lambert180Big blind 6000.009000.00216833.25
 Your hole cards

bluetoffeeFold    
    DivsDreamsRaise 12515.0021515.00127853.00
    launderRaise 28030.0049545.0071796.50
    Lambert180All-in 216833.25266378.250.00

Comments

• Options
      yoyoyoyo Member Posts: 642
      edited March 2014
      A10, 66, KJs?
    • Options
      chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
      edited March 2014
      In Response to Deep in the Roller:
      Interesting spot imo from the Roller last night. I've hidden my hand but what range do we shove here/what is the weakest hand you would shove? At this point, I think I'm 2nd or 3rd in chips with about 15 left Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance launder Small blind   3000.00 3000.00 99826.50 Lambert180 Big blind   6000.00 9000.00 216833.25   Your hole cards       bluetoffee Fold         DivsDreams Raise   12515.00 21515.00 127853.00 launder Raise   28030.00 49545.00 71796.50 Lambert180 All-in   216833.25 266378.25 0.00                                                            
      Posted by Lambert180

I'd probably be keeping out the way here with anything other than a monster - Launder has < 20bb and has 3bet... I dont think he is folding.

Agree with Julians range if we were playing a bit deeper effective.

I just worry that Launder has a monster himself in this case.
    • Options
      THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
      edited March 2014
      against these 2 paticular players or just in general because it would alter my shoving range?
    • Options
      daiwdaiw Member Posts: 298
      edited March 2014
      this deep into the game a raise and a re raise i think id only go with ak or big pockets.

• Options
      daiwdaiw Member Posts: 298
      edited March 2014
      launder must have a very strong hand by here
    • Options
      SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
      edited March 2014
      Yeah, I think minimum I am shoving here with is QQ. I'm not really worried about Divs at all, but launder is a concern. He's calling you regardless, so I guess (if you're shoving with queens, like me) you're thinking that he has JJ, AQ or maybe KQ suited.
    • Options
      77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
      edited March 2014

A tightish range considering SB has 3-bet out of a 16bb stack.

Something like AQ/10's+

• Options
      yoyoyoyo Member Posts: 642
      edited March 2014
      ah my bad, thought launder had shoved a short stack
    • Options
      edited March 2014
      In Response to Re: Deep in the Roller:
      A tightish range considering SB has 3-bet out of a 16bb stack. Something like AQ/10's+
      Posted by 77Chris91

it looks like Launder "wants" a call...so I'd say this is his range. it may not even include AQ or TT

I dont think I'm shoving anything other than AK, QQ+
    • Options
      F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
      edited March 2014
      In Response to Re: Deep in the Roller : it looks like Launder "wants" a call...so I'd say this is his range. it may not even include AQ or TT I dont think I'm shoving anything other than AK, QQ+
      Posted by chicknMelt
      hmm, it's a normal sized 3-bet so can definitely have some 3-bet bluffs in there but then I have no idea how launder/divs have been playing up till now. If Divs has been stealing a lot of BTNs launder might be lighter for value here + have some bluffs.

In general I would say I'm shoving AQs, JJ+ with no real need for any hands that we want to 5-bet bluffs (AQs is kind of a merge value/bluff anyway)
    • Options
      edited March 2014
      Interesting, everyone is staying on the tight side I see... obv I'm just a massive fish.

I probably should have given some more info, not gonna go into loads of reads etc cos that's just not cool but Div is obv a very solid player but is still gonna be blind stealing pretty liberally from the BTN in the late stages, I'm sure Launder knows this and has previously 3b/folded from this kinda stack size.

With so much dead money in the pot, I went with the option that if I jam I'm gonna get called by Div pretty close to never, I have some FE against Launder but will still have ok equity v his range if I do get called. So I jammed 77 and got 2 folds.

FWIW, I think we can rule out certain hands from Launder like 88-TT maybe JJ too cos I don't think he'd 3bet induce with these, think he'd just 3b ship so imo it narrows his range down to QQ+, AK/AQ and his light 3bets that will fold.

The reason it started a discussion with a mate of mine is because it turns out I made a much stronger hand than my own fold, which is obv very nice but suggests I must have turned my hand into a pure bluff.
    • Options
      grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
      edited March 2014
      Looks fine to me against decent villains
    • Options
      edited March 2014
      Interesting, everyone is staying on the tight side I see... obv I'm just a massive fish. I probably should have given some more info, not gonna go into loads of reads etc cos that's just not cool but Div is obv a very solid player but is still gonna be blind stealing pretty liberally from the BTN in the late stages, I'm sure Launder knows this and has previously 3b/folded from this kinda stack size. With so much dead money in the pot, I went with the option that if I jam I'm gonna get called by Div pretty close to never, I have some FE against Launder but will still have ok equity v his range if I do get called. So I jammed 77 and got 2 folds.   FWIW, I think we can rule out certain hands from Launder like 88-TT maybe JJ too cos I don't think he'd 3bet induce with these, think he'd just 3b ship so imo it narrows his range down to QQ+, AK/AQ and his light 3bets that will fold. The reason it started a discussion with a mate of mine is because it turns out I made a much stronger hand than my own fold, which is obv very nice but suggests I must have turned my hand into a pure bluff.
      Posted by Lambert180
      IMO, Your reasoning is fine, but only if you think Launder had a 3bet fold range from that stack. I think you got lucky to be vs the specific part of his range he was inducing Divs with, but that would still fold to you. I'm guessing he folded TT/JJ?

• Options
      edited March 2014
      In Response to Re: Deep in the Roller : IMO, Your reasoning is fine, but only if you think Launder had a 3bet fold range from that stack. I think you got lucky to be vs the specific part of his range he was inducing Divs with, but that would still fold to you. I'm guessing he folded TT/JJ?
      Posted by chicknMelt
      No idea what Launder folded. The fold I was shocked by was from Div
    • Options
      edited March 2014
      In Response to Re: Deep in the Roller : No idea what Launder folded. The fold I was shocked by was from Div
      Posted by Lambert180
      lol, oh right, I misunderstood.

maybe I'm wrong then about launder 3betting from that stack.

My view was that you generally dont want to be 3bet folding from <20bb... what is your view?

your play did look very strong, so maybe Launders SS actuallly helped your cause in this spot.
    • Options
      77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
      edited March 2014

If you think you have decent FE v Launder then I quite like the shove tbh.