You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Much needed confidence boost before SPT Newcastle!!

OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValue
No Players

catit1920001£67.20 + £29.52 Head Prizes + 30 League Points6
OnlyOneCT02£40.80 + £15.25 Head Prizes + 26 League Points3
prossboy03£28.80 + £6.72 Head Prizes + 22 League Points3
DENVERGIFT04£24 + £18.87 Head Prizes + 18 League Points6
sullivan0105£19.20 + £9.96 Head Prizes + 14 League Points3
RANGERPICK06£16.80 + £1.88 Head Prizes + 10 League Points
I've had a really rotten December on the tables and confidence with my game did drop in spectacular fashion but even though i did not win this one, i'm very happy with how i played in this tourney and for me it's a well needed confidence boost going into SPT Newcastle next Saturday!

When it was 3 way i honestly thought that it could have gone on till around 7pm because we all ended up having the lead at certain stages on the final table.

Oh and to everyone on the community and the whole team at Sky Poker:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL AND MOST IMPORTANTLY LONG LIVE THE FORMER MEMBERS OF A FINE MOTLEY BUNCH CALLED TEAM ORFORD LOL!!!

That is all!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited December 2009
    Well done CT. It's amazing how just one deep run in a tourney can make you feel so much better
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited December 2009
    Wel Done CT Good luck with SPT Newcastle.

The Orfordians are proud of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Cheers Bob and Trev!!!

I just hope that going deep in this tourney will hopefully have an upturn in my fortunes on the tables and it would be just amazing if i could make 2 consecutive SPT Final Tables and do it in one of my favourite cities in the UK!!

• Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited December 2009
    vwd onlyonect hope you keep your confidence up.but more than that the very best of wishes to you in newcastle.debs xx
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2009
    Hi Ct,
    I went through a really bad 2009 and it only took a similar thing to make me realise that it does turn round.
    Confidence is a powerfull tool and, like you i'm going into Newcastle with it, so let the games begin.
    See you there m8
    col
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Cheers Debs and Trev!!

All the best to you two aswell!!!

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009
    Nice one Ct, get i done at Newcastle as well
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Much needed confidence boost before SPT Newcastle!!:
    Nice one Ct, get i done at Newcastle as well
    Posted by acebarry10
    Cheers Bazza!!!

Like with anything, i can only give it my best shot (Although one competition away from Poker i'm keeping a very close eye on progress wise is a certain fantasy football league that i've entered where the overall winner gets £20,000 and even though i'm in the top 1000 out of 40000+ going into 2010, i'm only 51 points away from 1st place so i ain't saying that i'll win it but if i keep scoring big points who knows what might happen by the end of the football season!)

All the best to your good self for 2010 and i hope to participate in many of the famous 7/8:15pm deep-stack tourneys throughout the year!! 
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited December 2009
    Well done Craig

I had a bad 6 months but an excellent last 2 months after a tweak to my game!!

Good to see you back on form and see you next Friday \ Saturday!

I am in same hotel as you so might see you Fri eve.

Happy NY

Dave
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well done Craig I had a bad 6 months but an excellent last 2 months after a tweak to my game!! Good to see you back on form and see you next Friday \ Saturday! I am in same hotel as you so might see you Fri eve. Happy NY Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Cheers Dave!!!

All the best to your good self for 2010!

I actually won't be getting to Newcastle till Saturday Morning so there is the chance you could be walking out of the hotel the same time i'm walking into the hotel to check-in lol!

See you next weekend buddy and happy new year!!!

Craig
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    BTW: If anyone is wondering what on earth is my avatar all about well yesterday i was in beautiful Chester on my annual festive pub crawl with my best mate and i needed to go to the loo in one of my regular drinking jaunts in Chester and i noticed these scribbles on a blackboard and they were all useless "did you know" facts that Tikay would probably be very knowledgeable with!!.

So even though it would be literally of no use to anyone, my avatar is my useless "did you know" fact for 2009 lol!!
  • Options
    Loki-RogyLoki-Rogy Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2009
    No Players

steelman2613560001£1750 + 50 League Points
    kelvin02£1050 + 46 League Points
    penguin703£700 + 38 League Points
    ctbn04£490 + 32 League Points
    Loki-Rogy05£420 + 28 League Points
    kashmir06£350 + 24 League Points
    yammyamm107£280 + 20 League Points
    gez_bear08£210 + 16 League Points
    billo000709£140 + 12 League Points
    MereNovice010£70 + 8 League Points

7K Doublestack
    I agree, OnlyOneCT, us Orfordians have taken a bit of a confidence hit recently, but we're back and better than ever!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Player Name Chips Rank Prize Heads Value No Players Loading...             steelman26 1356000 1 £1750 + 50 League Points kelvin 0 2 £1050 + 46 League Points penguin7 0 3 £700 + 38 League Points ctbn 0 4 £490 + 32 League Points Loki-Rogy 0 5 £420 + 28 League Points kashmir 0 6 £350 + 24 League Points yammyamm1 0 7 £280 + 20 League Points gez_bear 0 8 £210 + 16 League Points billo0007 0 9 £140 + 12 League Points MereNovice 0 10 £70 + 8 League Points 7K Doublestack I agree, OnlyOneCT, us Orfordians have taken a bit of a confidence hit recently, but we're back and better than ever!
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    + 1,0000000000000

Many congrats on a super cash Loki!!!!

For about 10 mins of that tourney i was chip leader (until i got busted going all-in with AA as the aggressor and i was on the button and getting called with KJ suited and flop comes K-J-9 or something like that!) and i did notice that you were there or there abouts near the top so really well done!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,217
    edited December 2009

Luckbox. ;)
  • Options
    Loki-RogyLoki-Rogy Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2009
    Hardly - final table, lost QQ to A4 (flopped A) and AK to AQs (flopped flush).

Still, the £420-worth of coke, champagne and lapdancers took the sting out of it ;)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,217
    edited December 2009
    Hardly - final table, lost QQ to A4 (flopped A) and AK to AQs (flopped flush). Still, the £420-worth of coke, champagne and lapdancers took the sting out of it ;)
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    Lol - not YOU! You have da skillz.

I was referring to the legendary One-Luckbox-CT.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hardly - final table, lost QQ to A4 (flopped A) and AK to AQs (flopped flush). Still, the £420-worth of coke, champagne and lapdancers took the sting out of it ;)
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    Money well spent that's what i say!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Much needed confidence boost before SPT Newcastle!! : Lol - not YOU! You have da skillz. I was referring to the legendary One-Luckbox-CT.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Woooo there is only one Legend in this game and that's yourself!.

I'm just CT, little old me that will get on with anyone as long as they get on with me - NUFF SAID INNIT!!!

HAPPY NEW WHATEVER YEAR BTW TO ONE AND ALL!!!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No Players

trevil253400001£61.20 + 15 League Points
    OnlyOneCT02£40.80 + 12 League Points
    zxghostxz03£28.56 + 10 League Points
    KYLIANNOAH04£20.40 + 8 League Points
    mayes05£16.32 + 6 League Points
    Ozzie0806£14.28 + 4 League Points
    Robbo6707£12.24 + 3 League Points
    paparon08£10.20 + 2 League Points

The Orfordable Deepstack was really enjoyable to be a part of last night and 2 second placed cashes in 2 nights i'm pretty happy with.
    Again very happy with how i played in this and very well played to trevil25 who was totally dominant going heads up (Just did not have any decent hand to go all-in with as the blinds were eating my stack up and had to go all-in with 8-9 off suit so no complaints really!)

I just want to go into SPT Newcastle next week thinking that if i can play like i did in Leg 1 then i've got a good chance to possibly make a cash but this time i want to win it all mainly because it would give me an automatic buy-in into SPT Nottingham as this is going to be my last SPT tourney till Nottingham (should i qualify for it of course as winning satellite tourneys for places in this is going to be tough and i would have to seriously buck my game up to the max if i want to win my seat).