You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Observer chat being barred?

lJAMESllJAMESl Member Posts: 591
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Theres a story behind this but I'm wondering if observor chat should be barred on all tables, I sometimes get people coming on my HU cash tables for example nice people chatting to me and being friendly I always respond to these players as they are usually polite and just wanted to ask some questions. But now and again you get some guy who thinks hes an expert trying to criticise your play or just generally abusing you due to jealousy or whatever there reason may be, I think maybe it is harsh to ban it for all because of a small minority who obv have nothing better to do than abuse the players on the biggest running cash table they can find.

People will be saying why don't you turn off chat, well the thing with me and if you have played me you will know I like to use chat to sometimes wind my opponents up or just have some general or friendly banter, I enjoy using the chat facility as in live poker I am a very chatty player. But maybe this should be exclusively to players in the game and not any observer.

Anyway the story about 6 months ago or so maybe longer I had a friendly guy come on to my HU tble chatting away lasted for a few weeks, seemed a nice guy he eventually asked for my MSN which I thought at the time he seems ok so why not. After a while I noticed he was a bit strange and stalkerish and was asking me alot of personal questions constantly pestering me, I felt I needed to delete him as he was becoming a nuisance when I was trying to concentrate on the games (I usually 6 table and don't have time to chat on the tables aswell as elsewhere). Anyway this guy ended up finding out I deleted him, he came onto my table last night and abused me constantly for around an hour or so, it was pretty irritating everyhand I lost he would celebrate and give me a rubdown. I probably should of turned off chat but all the while I was thinking why should I have to. Some people are pretty sad and obviously have nothing better to do than stalk players and try to make there life misery. Is it possible maybe sky could have a block observer chat button just like Full tilt do on their software?

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on the matter.

Gl to all

James

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    Hi James,

i'm really sorry to hear about this and it certainly isn't acceptable at all. please report the incident to the customer care team (by clicking here) and they will take the appropriate action.

thank you
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009

In Response to Observer chat being barred?:
    Theres a story behind this but I'm wondering if observor chat should be barred on all tables, I sometimes get people coming on my HU cash tables for example nice people chatting to me and being friendly I always respond to these players as they are usually polite and just wanted to ask some questions. But now and again you get some guy who thinks hes an expert trying to criticise your play or just generally abusing you due to jealousy or whatever there reason may be, I think maybe it is harsh to ban it for all because of a small minority who obv have nothing better to do than abuse the players on the biggest running cash table they can find. People will be saying why don't you turn off chat, well the thing with me and if you have played me you will know I like to use chat to sometimes wind my opponents up or just have some general or friendly banter, I enjoy using the chat facility as in live poker I am a very chatty player. But maybe this should be exclusively to players in the game and not any observer. Anyway the story about 6 months ago or so maybe longer I had a friendly guy come on to my HU tble chatting away lasted for a few weeks, seemed a nice guy he eventually asked for my MSN which I thought at the time he seems ok so why not. After a while I noticed he was a bit strange and stalkerish and was asking me alot of personal questions constantly pestering me, I felt I needed to delete him as he was becoming a nuisance when I was trying to concentrate on the games (I usually 6 table and don't have time to chat on the tables aswell as elsewhere). Anyway this guy ended up finding out I deleted him, he came onto my table last night and abused me constantly for around an hour or so, it was pretty irritating everyhand I lost he would celebrate and give me a rubdown. I probably should of turned off chat but all the while I was thinking why should I have to. Some people are pretty sad and obviously have nothing better to do than stalk players and try to make there life misery. Is it possible maybe sky could have a block observer chat button just like Full tilt do on their software? Would like to hear peoples thoughts on the matter. Gl to all James
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Hi James

I certainly remember the day you came back to Sky, I seem to remember doing my ususal welcome on the forum :)

I have had the unpleasant task of having to contact Customer Care 3 times because of abuse at the tables, 2 for personal attacks and 1 while I was railing, I know at least one of those were chat banned, I feel it is the duty of every player to report these incedents to stop abuse at the tables, I feel there is definitely no place for it at Sky Poker
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    hope you have you changed your msn james??
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited December 2009
    Yes I also have this problem. I find it hard to play heads up anymore as I always get someone stalking me and berating the other player which discourages them and makes them leave. If I ask the person to stop, this obviously makes him worse.
  • Options
    Quagmire72Quagmire72 Member Posts: 789
    edited December 2009
    These people that hand out abuse & moan about most hands must be complete nutjobs. I remember playing a tourny on poker stars and i got moved tables, i'd been on it for 10 secs & this colombian guy just started abusing me & i hadn't even played a hand on his table. After being on the table for 5 mins he'd been abusing everyone the whole time & he was throwing out plenty of zzzzzzzzzzz if anyone took their time(when anyone types the zzzzzzzz i'll use up my time limit to rile them even more). This continued for a while so i typed will you shut up ya big sausage jockey(forget his name). He instantly typed QUAGMIRE, then nothing came after that & it stopped. My thoughts are that after being called a sausage jockey he got so worked up that he couldn't finish his sentence, which might have been along the lines of: QUAGMIRE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!! I can just picture him there in his coke factory(typical stereotype, apologies) grabbing his failing heart & collapsing on the enter button after typing QUAGMIRE.

I suppose the moral is if you've got a dodgy ticker don't play poker & don't abuse anyone on my table. 8-D
  • Options
    CowgomooCowgomoo Member Posts: 749
    edited December 2009
    I am infact being stalked right now by casey03, he challenged me to 5k heads up, i complied and sat down with 5k , and now hes reporting me to sky for my "antics"
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Observer chat being barred?:
    I am infact being stalked right now by casey03, he challenged me to 5k heads up, i complied and sat down with 5k , and now hes reporting me to sky for my "antics"
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    Hi

Unfortunately, you cannot name names on the forum, you must contact Customer Care, the contact information is at the bottom of the page.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    In my last DYM game I got short and shoved JJ into the shorter BB who called with K2s and my jacks held. Then the other player said 'see you next tuesday'. Not sure where or if it's supposed to be a date or summink (?) Think they'll be disappointed, I don't go for them sorts lol
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited December 2009
    I have the same thing happens to me sometimes - completely unknown people to me turn up at one of my Hu tables or STTs and will just spout how bad i am etc etc i have to say though 99% of the time its just friendly people who i have no problems talking to as i like doing it when i play.

Observer chat off is an option slughtly more advance may be individual ignore options ?
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    I think if its just 1 or 2 people James you do need to send sky a quick email. They will sort it out for you, like you said most people are friendly. You should see how may railers turn up when you have Tikay or Rich on your table, I think there would be uproar if they couldn't come on and talk to the presenters.
  • Options
    rats107rats107 Member Posts: 230
    edited December 2009
    In my last DYM game I got short and shoved JJ into the shorter BB who called with K2s and my jacks held. Then the other player said 'see you next tuesday'. Not sure where or if it's supposed to be a date or summink (?) Think they'll be disappointed, I don't go for them sorts lol
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    they normally hang out around area 51, just in case you want to broaden your horizons! i'm normally stood up tho....
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Rats but I'll give it a miss lol
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited December 2009
    Hi everyone,

You'll be pleased to know that the following 2 options are currently on our development list

block/allow 'railbird chat'
    block/allow chat of specific seated players

We've got a lot of other development which will be released prior to this, therefore I can't give you an accurate date at this stage but I wanted you to know taht it's on the radar.

As for the present, I'll reiterate what Rich says, verbal abuse through the chat box is unacceptable and will not tolerated on Sky Poker. If anyone is being subjected to this then you simply need to send the following details to customer care and appropriate action will be taken:

Your poker alias
    The alias of the abuser
    The table name and approximate time

P.S. Happy new year everyone

Adam
  • Options
    EDKENT123EDKENT123 Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2009
    These people that hand out abuse & moan about most hands must be complete nutjobs. I remember playing a tourny on poker stars and i got moved tables, i'd been on it for 10 secs & this colombian guy just started abusing me & i hadn't even played a hand on his table. After being on the table for 5 mins he'd been abusing everyone the whole time & he was throwing out plenty of zzzzzzzzzzz if anyone took their time(when anyone types the zzzzzzzz i'll use up my time limit to rile them even more). This continued for a while so i typed will you shut up ya big sausage jockey(forget his name). He instantly typed QUAGMIRE, then nothing came after that & it stopped. My thoughts are that after being called a sausage jockey he got so worked up that he couldn't finish his sentence, which might have been along the lines of: QUAGMIRE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!! I can just picture him there in his coke factory(typical stereotype, apologies) grabbing his failing heart & collapsing on the enter button after typing QUAGMIRE. I suppose the moral is if you've got a dodgy ticker don't play poker & don't abuse anyone on my table. 8-D
    Posted by Quagmire72
    ROFL love it
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited December 2009
    Just  to reiterate what others have said. You need to report the villains to sky. I trust there will never be a day when observer chat is banned completely - imo the PTP nights and banter are one of the best things about this site. 
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Posted by NoseyBonk

Looool Class!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    These people that hand out abuse & moan about most hands must be complete nutjobs. I remember playing a tourny on poker stars and i got moved tables, i'd been on it for 10 secs & this colombian guy just started abusing me & i hadn't even played a hand on his table. After being on the table for 5 mins he'd been abusing everyone the whole time & he was throwing out plenty of zzzzzzzzzzz if anyone took their time(when anyone types the zzzzzzzz i'll use up my time limit to rile them even more). This continued for a while so i typed will you shut up ya big sausage jockey(forget his name). He instantly typed QUAGMIRE, then nothing came after that & it stopped. My thoughts are that after being called a sausage jockey he got so worked up that he couldn't finish his sentence, which might have been along the lines of: QUAGMIRE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!! I can just picture him there in his coke factory(typical stereotype, apologies) grabbing his failing heart & collapsing on the enter button after typing QUAGMIRE. I suppose the moral is if you've got a dodgy ticker don't play poker & don't abuse anyone on my table. 8-D
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Some gr8 sense of humor on this forum - quality post quagmire!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Observer chat being barred? : Hi James I certainly remember the day you came back to Sky, I seem to remember doing my ususal welcome on the forum :) I have had the unpleasant task of having to contact Customer Care 3 times because of abuse at the tables, 2 for personal attacks and 1 while I was railing, I know at least one of those were chat banned, I feel it is the duty of every player to report these incedents to stop abuse at the tables, I feel there is definitely no place for it at Sky Poker
    Posted by acebarry10
    Hi Barry

yeah your always friendly and a top guy!
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2009
    Hi James .. Well  the chat/abuse nonsense  comes with the territory, we all get  some from time to time.. However the stalker you had seems like a crank who probably doesn't even play poker, there are a few on ever site..  Dont let them get  to  you,  your too good a player  ...
    sometimes it best to write in the chat,
    "sorry people I cant chat,  I'm playing a 'mtt final table' as well,  on another site" 

If they think your not chatting they go away..  problem then is, you cant talk to you own table players   :)  glk 
  • Options
    dantb10dantb10 Member Posts: 583
    edited December 2009
    I also get the odd random person coming to my hu tables and slating me continuously. Sometimes i find it quite amusing with the stuff they say, but sometimes they take it too far.

I suppose to have the option to ignore and still be able to chat to friends would be a great addition.

Abuse from fellow players is fine, as this means they are usually tilted and want to donate. I had a funny one the other day, i took like six buy ins from a player who then said ' how am i guna pay my rent! im supposed to be taking the family on holiday next week. Would you mind loaning it me back!!'

I obv didnt oblige, and he proceeded to berate me for about 4 hours.

Anyway james, i had top 2 kj the other day when you said 'your supposed to fold ak on the turn!' lol

Well at least you got your info!

gl all