You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bet-sizing line check

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited April 2014 in Strategy
AFter the event I was getting lots of unsolicited advice about this hand from the villain and his mate who was also at the table - which I'll credit as a valiant attempt to try and tilt - but did make me query my sizing, which I think to be fair is something that needs refining.

Have tried to outline my thinking below, but just bounce down to the board and let me know your thoughts on my bet sizes on each street if you don't want to read further!  The turn is the one that stumps me the most, too much left to shove, too little left to bet 'normally'.

No idea on the villain, never played him before and I hadn't been sat long but he had opened quite a lot of pots in the short time I was there.

If I don't know a player I equate 5x or larger opens to be large hands, so more than happy to bump it to 13x at this point and obviously hoping to see another premium hand 4b gii pre.

Given it was such a dry flop and I'd given my hand away a bit preflop, I bet 1/2 pot (the pot was £2.60 once rake was taken) figuring that as well as KK, KQ and AQ calling, it may also keep big hands like TT/JJ/AK in. QQ also likely and I probably end up stacking here if they c/r.

The turn I really struggle with at this point - I feel like I have just a bit too much to shove a fairly inconsequential turn - I guess I could go less than 1/2 pot as there are no obvious draws to price in, but if I go too small it legitimately allows oppo to improve to 2pr or tips - if I go 1/2 pot or more then I feel like we're committed to stacks anyway.

River I know at this level I must be behind, but am a soft sack so call anyway (which I'd obviously decided I would several streets ago).
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind £0.05 £0.05 £20.84
BBBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £13.39
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

UTGFold     
VILLAINRaise  £0.50 £0.65 £15.75
shakinaces Raise  £1.30 £1.95 £8.70
SBFold     
BBFold     
VILLAINCall  £0.80 £2.75 £14.95
Flop

• Q

VILLAINCheck     
shakinaces Bet  £1.30 £4.05 £7.40
VILLAINCall  £1.30 £5.35 £13.65
Turn

VILLAINCheck     
shakinaces Bet  £2.60 £7.95 £4.80
VILLAINCall  £2.60 £10.55 £11.05
River

VILLAINAll-in  £11.05 £21.60 £0.00
shakinaces sigh-call

Comments

• freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    Possibly 3b slightly bigger pre. £1.50 to £1.75. Bet 2/3 to 3/4 otf, shove turn imo. If he's trying to rep a straight with the 4 here then thats gotta be bs. Defo call river as played. Hopefully you weren't luckboxed but by the sound of the post something not very nice happened:(
  • freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    Ah, something bad did happen as i've just read your other post. Hopefully your notes will make up for the £8 lost buddy:)