You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Could I have taken a different line to getting value from this hand?

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited April 2014 in Strategy
Oppo seems fairly decent, tight player who was on multiple NL10 tables during this hand.

IIRC I'd gone through little patches of raising 4-5 consecutive hands so he may well think I'm not raising strong preflop and that may mean that his 3b is a little lighter than I would ordinarily credit him.

Saying that, the half pot bets make me think it probably is an overpair that I'm facing and he's trying to milk me into paying up my whole stack by the river.

Assuming that the position call pre is OK and the flop call with FD and GS is OK, should I be more inclined to smooth call turn and figure to get stacks?

Or, indeed, should I be raising flop and is my action on the turn irrelavent, I've already butchered the hand by that point?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
villainSmall blind  £0.05 £0.05 £10.00
xxxBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £16.39
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

xxxFold     
shakinaces Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £11.04
xxxFold     
xxxFold     
villainRaise  £0.95 £1.40 £9.05
xxxFold     
shakinaces Call  £0.70 £2.10 £10.34
Flop

villainBet  £1.10 £3.20 £7.95
shakinaces Call  £1.10 £4.30 £9.24
Turn

villainBet  £2.90 £7.20 £5.05
shakinaces All-in  £9.24 £16.44 £0.00
villainFold     
shakinaces Muck     
shakinaces Win  £9.34  £9.34
shakinaces Return  £6.34 £0.76 £15.68

Comments

• grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited April 2014
    Fold pre imo, QJ won't play well v a 3betting range

Flop, meh you can raise and Gii if you like, he'll fold some hands that beat, and your equity will always be decent even if your over cards aren't outs when called. Don't mind the smooth call depends a bit on villain tendencies, I would prob raise I think

Definitely flat turn imo 
  • freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014

As played for maximum value probs flat turn and hope he triples a non heart river. However, if you think he has an overpair as you suspect then GII on either the flop or turn. He obviously didn't as an overpair calls at this level imo. FWIW if he can  regularly barrel turn and fold to a shove we can start to considering calling lighter, floating the flop and repeating the above as a bluff:)

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited April 2014
    As above, I probably prefer to just raise the flop and GII but if we're gonna flat flop then we should flat turn imo