You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Community Series of Poker - SCSOP Idea

KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

I've had a thought.

With the WSOP going on just now, why don't we set up a Series of Poker for the Sky Community players.

I've been having a look for a variety of tournaments and come up with 15 events.

We can make a league table of all players entering, players would then need to enter five events or more to qualify for the league.

You can earn points depending on your finishing position, number of entrants and the buy-in fee.

I've come up with finsihing position points;
1st = 10 points
2nd-6th = 6 points
7th to cash = 3 points
non-cash final table = 3 points
non-cash = 1 point

This would then be multiplied by the number of entrants, example 98, then multiplied by the buy-in fee, example £2.00 (£2.00+£0.20) 
This would mean if you finished outside the money your points would be 98 x 2 x 1 = 196.

I thought the Tuesday night £4K gtd would be a good tournament to finish on as the main event, 10 minute blinds, 450 entrants, £11 to enter.

So if we played 6 days, starting on a Thursday running through to the Tuesday, the tournaments I have picked out are;
Thursday

8pm £250 gtd (£3.30)

Friday

12 noon £40 gtd (£1.10)

2.30pm £150 BH (£5.75)

7.45pm £200 scary (£3.30)

Saturday

1.15pm £50 scary (£2.20)

8.05pm £100 scary (£2.20)

11.15pm £50 gtd (£2.20)

Sunday

5.05pm BH (£2.30)
6.45pm £100 gtd (£1.10)
8.30pm £200 BH (£5.75)
10.20pm £300 gtd (£4.40)

Monday
4.10pm £50 gtd (£2.20)
8.15pm £300 deep stack (£5.50)

Tuesday
4pm £100 gtd (£5.50)
9pm £4,000 gtd (£11.00)

The maximum you would pay to enter every event is £57.80. The minimum for 5 is £8.80.

I'm not sure if the games are the same at weekends though -the guarentees and/or times- I've based them on Wednesday's games.

Now, what does everyone think?

Would Sky even be able to give a free entry to one of the 9pm games to the SCSOP league winner? - The open, Five00, Bounty Hunter or even the £500 deep stack. This would be a big incentive for player to take part in the SCSOP, also meaning players are entering more tournaments than they may not have entered.

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 159,855
    edited July 2009

Nice Post Kev.

Sky already ran a  "SCOOP" week (Sky Championshiop Of Online Poker) & I hope they repeat it, perhaps revising it along the lines you suggested.

It's one for the Suits, but you can bet they will see this Thread.
  • KevilfishKevilfish Member Posts: 354
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Community Series of Poker - SCSOP Idea:
    Nice Post Kev. Sky already ran a  "SCOOP" week (Sky Championshiop Of Online Poker) & I hope they repeat it, perhaps revising it along the lines you suggested. It's one for the Suits, but you can bet they will see this Thread.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That must have been before I joined sky, how did the SCOOP work?
  • Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited July 2009

Great initiative Kevilfish.  Let's see what players think and I'm sure we could support this with some added value if there is enough interest.  I'll keep an eye on the thread over the next few days. 

• Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited July 2009
    Outside of any community focussed series, we are hoping to run an online festival in September with some big feature tournaments and a range of structures.  More about that to follow.
  • YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Community Series of Poker - SCSOP Idea:
    Outside of any community focussed series, we are hoping to run an online festival in September with some big feature tournaments and a range of structures.  More about that to follow.
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Very much looking forward to this, please give us any announcements on it's progress ASAP!

As for the OP, there was another thing suggested by FlashFlush similar to this, which he called the wsoSp (World Series of SkyPoker) so i'll just say what I said there, which was something along the lines of: Great idea, maybe wait untill Omaha is introduced to Sky before something like this starts?
  • lemster127lemster127 Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2009

Has someone been on Full Tilt and stole their Mini Series of Poker idea?

I think so!!!!

Oh and on a further point,sooooooo many people complaining about not being able to use points on anything except silly £20 freerolls,so why would you want to win a load of points in this SCSOP if you can only use them on freerolls,pretty pointless to me.

Another exmple of Sky Poker trying to run before it can walk again.

Would prefer Sky to sort out its other issues before commiting to something new.