You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

England world cup starting 11

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited May 2014 in The Football Corner
whats everyones starting line up for the opening game in world cup then, mine would be

hart
 johnson               cahill                    jagielka              baines

sterling               4 gerrard            8 wilshire                lalana

rooney

sturridge

Comments

• Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I wouldn't be much different to you:-

hart

johnson               cahill                    jagielka              baines

sterling               gerrard              henderson             lallana

rooney

sturridge
  • Options
    gruntexgruntex Member Posts: 96
    edited April 2014
                                                                Hart
                  Johnson                     Cahill                               Davies            Baines

Gerrard                Henderson

Sterling                                   Rooney                        Lallana

Sturridge
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: England world cup starting 11:
    Yeah I wouldn't be much different to you:-   hart  johnson               cahill                    jagielka              baines  sterling               gerrard              henderson             lallana                                          rooney                                         sturridge
    Posted by diablo_pez

I agree with this line-up, in no small part because of the Liverpool players. They have had their best season for 25 years and knowing each other so well can only be a benefit. Who would have thought Liverpool/Everton would provide so many players for this World Cup?!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2014

Hart

Johnson    Cahill    Jag    Baines.

Gerrard Huddlestone

Ox         Henderson    Lalana

Sturrridge

Wilshire wouldn't get on my plane nevermind my teamsheet!
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited April 2014
    In Response to England world cup starting 11:
    whats everyones starting line up for the opening game in world cup then, mine would be                                             hart  johnson               cahill                    jagielka              baines  sterling               4 gerrard            8 wilshire                lalana                                          rooney                                         sturridge                                           
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Henderson as opposed to Wilshere. Would like to see Forster instead of Hart but it won't happen
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited April 2014

Hart

A.Cole          Cahill               Terry       Baines

Lampard               Gerrard

Rooney             Henderson                 Lallana

Sturridge                           
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2014
                                                                      Hart                                 A.Cole          Cahill               Terry       Baines                                              Lampard               Gerrard                                      Rooney             Henderson                  Lallana                                                               Sturridge                           
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Cole,Terry,cahill and Lampard  remind me which team do you support?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
                           Hart Johnson    Cahill    Jag    Baines.             Gerrard Huddlestone      Ox         Henderson    Lalana                     Sturrridge Wilshire wouldn't get on my plane nevermind my teamsheet!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Tommy Wobblestone!!!!!!

Isnt being able to beat a milkfloat over 20 yards a prerequsite for playing internetional football anymore?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
                                           Hart

Johnson           Cahill               Jagelka                 Baines

Gerrard           Henderson

Sterling              LLanna           Oxlaide Chamberlain

Sturridge

• Options
    churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    edited April 2014

had too be said.

Does it really matter they will still get pumped :@)

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: England world cup starting 11 : Tommy Wobblestone!!!!!! Isnt being able to beat a milkfloat over 20 yards a prerequsite for playing internetional football anymore?
    Posted by BADBOY985
    5 yards in front in the head ;)

Nah keeping the ball will be the key in Brazil.

Have 2 attacking fullbacks & 3 engines in front of the 2 holding players who will run all day & a classy front man.

Stevie and the HUD can dictate from the base. Make the other teams run around like headless chickens for once.

If that fails put Big Andy on and lump it in the mixer !

Although tbf whatever happens Churchy has prob nailed it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    had too be said. Does it really matter they will still get pumped :@)
    Posted by churchy18
    +1 England are on the scotland style slippery slope will qualify for the next ten years or so, the just heroic failure to look forward! 
    unless we start to bend as many rules as possible like we do in rugby and cricket and fill the team with South Africans and Samoans.

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited April 2014
    had too be said. Does it really matter they will still get pumped :@)
    Posted by churchy18
    Exactly which is why I would like people in the team who are likely to be there in 2018 so for me

no Gerrard and touch and go whether I would have rooney.

Lets cut our losses and go for broke in Russia.

BIG LOL
  • Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited April 2014
    Baines ?  You guys obv spend to much time playing poker and not enough watching football.

Watched 6 Everton games this season and Baines has been absolutely terrible defensively in everyone.  Playing everybody onside all day every day , getting beat easily and not getting close enough to stop crosses.

yes he scored lots of goals (mainly pens) and yes he can deliver a good set piece (but so can half the England team).   Baffles me how the country has gone Baines mad.

Cole, been injured and then left out by Mourinho. Turns up for a champions league semi, bosses it.   Turns up to try and save the title race, bosses it.  Ashley Cole is world class and kept even the best (c.ronaldo) in his back pocket.
    Plus teh fact him and Cahill play club football together shows they have a massive understanding, will communicate and cover each other etc..

Then we have Shaw -  Class all season, In team of the year (ahead of baines) , impressed on England debut.  

Baines shouldn't even go to Brazil.  If he starts, we have no chance.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Baines ?  You guys obv spend to much time playing poker and not enough watching football. Watched 6 Everton games this season and Baines has been absolutely terrible defensively in everyone.  Playing everybody onside all day every day , getting beat easily and not getting close enough to stop crosses. yes he scored lots of goals (mainly pens) and yes he can deliver a good set piece (but so can half the England team).   Baffles me how the country has gone Baines mad. Cole, been injured and then left out by Mourinho. Turns up for a champions league semi, bosses it.   Turns up to try and save the title race, bosses it.  Ashley Cole is world class and kept even the best (c.ronaldo) in his back pocket. Plus teh fact him and Cahill play club football together shows they have a massive understanding, will communicate and cover each other etc.. Then we have Shaw -  Class all season, In team of the year (ahead of baines) , impressed on England debut.   Baines shouldn't even go to Brazil.  If he starts, we have no chance.
    Posted by 1267

ashley cole hadnt kicked a ball for months when i picked my team, luke shaws a class player and been the best left back this season but no where near experienced enough to start in a vital first world cup game, thats very harsh on baines what u have said, hes been a model of consitancy for years now, watching 6 everton games and you think ur qualified to say he shouldnt be on the plane, i have 2 good mates who are season ticket holders at goodison park who would strongly disagree.
  • Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited April 2014
    Obviously Everton fans would disagree. The same way Palace fans think Davies should go to Brazil, and Aston Villa fans think Delph should go.

Watched 6 full games where i can watch him off the ball etc...  watched highlights from every game.

Theres no dout hes a good player, and hes been extremely unlucky to have a world class left back and a fantastic young talent in the same position.

For other countries he would be fine.  But if we are going compete we are going to have to defend for our lives like when Chelsea won the champions league.  Ashley Cole is the man.  If we want to build for the future, Shaw is the man.
    Even without the future in mind, Shaw is a better defender. In fact a better player overall if you go by the team of the year votes, which are obviously voted by players who play with and importantly against them.(not people who sit in the stands)
    Can gurantee every right winger voted for Shaw.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Obviously Everton fans would disagree. The same way Palace fans think Davies should go to Brazil, and Aston Villa fans think Delph should go. Watched 6 full games where i can watch him off the ball etc...  watched highlights from every game. Theres no dout hes a good player, and hes been extremely unlucky to have a world class left back and a fantastic young talent in the same position. For other countries he would be fine.  But if we are going compete we are going to have to defend for our lives like when Chelsea won the champions league.  Ashley Cole is the man.  If we want to build for the future, Shaw is the man. Even without the future in mind, Shaw is a better defender. In fact a better player overall if you go by the team of the year votes, which are obviously voted by players who play with and importantly against them.(not people who sit in the stands) Can gurantee every right winger voted for Shaw.
    Posted by 1267
    baines was in the team of they year last year mate, he hasnt turned into a different player in one year, if you want one man to mark a ribery/robben/ronaldo/etc out the game then cole is the man but being a full back these days is based as much on attacking as defending and baines statisitcs in terms of creating chances and assisting goals for team mates would rival anybodys in europe over the past 3 years from left back, shaws had a better season this year but its to much of a risk with his experience for me, if cole plays the remainder of the season shaw wont even go!!!
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited April 2014

Banks

A.Cole          Cahill               Terry       Carragher

Lampard                 Beckham              Lallana

Osgood        Lineker 

Shearer        
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2014
    Yeah I wouldn't be much different to you:-   hart  johnson               cahill                    jagielka              baines  sterling               gerrard              henderson             lallana                                          rooney                                         sturridge
    Posted by diablo_pez
    +1

I'm glad 1267 isn't England manager. These days you need attacking full backs, so Baines is a country mile ahead of Cole. I think Cole is still a decent player and has done very well since being recalled by Chelsea, but it's a no-brainer for me.

If Mourinho picks a right-footed left back over Cole, not sure how Cole can be picked ahead of Baines.

Not sure who I'd take over Shaw/Cole as backup, but it's a very nice problem to have.

In an earlier thread, 1267 slated everyone for not having Ramsey in their best prem teams, and then failed to pick Ramsey himself lol.

I'm surprised this is even an issue as Baines is probably in the top 3, first names on the teamsheet. 

• Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,029
    edited April 2014
                                                                   Banks                                 A.Cole          Cahill               Terry       Carragher                               Lampard                 Beckham               Lallana                                                      Osgood        Lineker                                                                Shearer        
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

What no Gazza ?