You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Possible New Team - Help For Heroes?

Macacgirl1Macacgirl1 Member Posts: 865
edited November 2014 in Team Talk
Hi Guys and Gals.
I've bumped into more than a few at the PLO8 tables who are either serving or ex serving members of our Armed Forces.
So, I'm guessing there will be even moreso playing holdem.
I don't really know what being in, or starting a team entails, but, if any serving or ex-serving players have an interest in joining/starting a team, please gob off.
 Like I said, I don't really know how these teams work, but eventually I'd like to see the charity [voluntarily from us] Help For Heroes, in some way, benefit from our playing.
If anyone is serving, ex-forces, or has family serving and would like to start a team, please let me know.
Any help, advice, how we could help said charity, how we start a team, would be more than appreciated.
Thanks and good luck at the tables.

Karen
ex RN 22yrs

Comments

• Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Possible New Team - Help For Heroes?:
    Hi Guys and Gals. I've bumped into more than a few at the PLO8 tables who are either serving or ex serving members of our Armed Forces. So, I'm guessing there will be even moreso playing holdem. I don't really know what being in, or starting a team entails, but, if any serving or ex-serving players have an interest in joining/starting a team, please gob off.  Like I said, I don't really know how these teams work, but eventually I'd like to see the charity [voluntarily from us] Help For Heroes, in some way, benefit from our playing. If anyone is serving, ex-forces, or has family serving and would like to start a team, please let me know. Any help, advice, how we could help said charity, how we start a team, would be more than appreciated. Thanks and good luck at the tables. Karen ex RN 22yrs
    Posted by Macacgirl1

Hi Miss Twiglet. basically the teams on here play the Monday night DTD holdem mtts which are a total of
      £5.50 and start at 7.15, 7.45 and 8.30 and the 1st 2 are deep stacks so plenty of play (well usually) for
      ur money.
      A lot, but not as many as Mondays, play the Orfordable deepstack, 10 seat holdem dtd on Fridays and basically both evenings are generally fun with plenty of banter.
      I wish you the all the best with this and hope you get it off the ground as the more the merrier.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks pom. I'm absolutely useless at holdem [only marginally better at PLO8] but would play the tourneys you mentioned every night if a team were to be formed.
  • Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited April 2014
    Good morning Macagirl1
    Excellent idea, might be an idea to get in touch with Hitmanrv captain of the hitsquad, i do believe a lot of their team members are ex forces and some still serving.
    Help 4 Heroes is an excellent charity.
    Any thing i can do to help just ask.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Possible New Team - Help For Heroes?:
    Good morning Macagirl1 Excellent ide!a, might be an idea to get in touch with Hitmanrv captain of the hitsquad, i do believe a lot of their team members are ex forces and some still serving. Help 4 Heroes is an excellent charity. Any thing i can do to help just ask. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Excellent, thanks very much!
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited April 2014
    Good morning Macagirl1 Excellent idea, might be an idea to get in touch with Hitmanrv captain of the hitsquad, i do believe a lot of their team members are ex forces and some still serving. Help 4 Heroes is an excellent charity. Any thing i can do to help just ask. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Thanks rainman397,

I messaged Karen back today.....as she has requeted to join us, YOU are welcome too mate!!

"""Hi Karen!!

We Have a Team of about 180 Members, some celebs,lol, prob 80-100 regulars on this site!

...from across all walks of life if honest, but sharing same Values, Ethics & Sportsmanship!!

I myself would be happy to support you, we have supported other Charitys & H4H before.

....I was actually at The St.Georges Day Luncheon at The Great Room, Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, last weds 23rd April, St Georges Day, with many servicemen & supporters, where over £45K was raised at tables collectioons Only!

I Have been a Member of The St.Georges Day Club for 25 Years, I know The Club has done lots for H4H, so please join in....are you on FB??

We can see what the HitSquad May be able to do to help.... in The meantime we can have some Poker Fun & Banter!

We have a Team Game Tonight, play for us if you like, I will post a link!

Also we have HitSquad Poker Tour leg3 Luton coming up July 19th, am happy to put to my Admin Committee maybe we can do a collection, or Donation from that!!

Good Luck!! Xx

The Hitman"""
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Hitman!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Hitman!
    Posted by Macacgirl1

You Are Very Welcome!! XX
    Enjoy New Comrade Squaddette!!

PS Pink is Our Colour, as in early Days we supported Macmillan & associated charities!!
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited April 2014
    Thanks pom. I'm absolutely useless at holdem [only marginally better at PLO8] but would play the tourneys you mentioned every night if a team were to be formed.
    Posted by Macacgirl1
    Ha ha you are more than useful at PL08!!

You are in safe hands with the HitSquad

I am ex RAF (12 years) - happy to support any H4H work you want to get involved with, I have found the Sky Poker community amazing with charity ventures

GL

Dave
  • Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Possible New Team - Help For Heroes? : Thanks rainman397, I messaged Karen back today.....as she has requeted to join us, YOU are welcome too mate!! """Hi Karen!! We Have a Team of about 180 Members, some celebs,lol, prob 80-100 regulars on this site! ...from across all walks of life if honest, but sharing same Values, Ethics & Sportsmanship!! I myself would be happy to support you, we have supported other Charitys & H4H before. ....I was actually at The St.Georges Day Luncheon at The Great Room, Grosvenor House Hotel, Park Lane, last weds 23rd April, St Georges Day, with many servicemen & supporters, where over £45K was raised at tables collectioons Only! I Have been a Member of The St.Georges Day Club for 25 Years, I know The Club has done lots for H4H, so please join in....are you on FB?? We can see what the HitSquad May be able to do to help.... in The meantime we can have some Poker Fun & Banter! We have a Team Game Tonight, play for us if you like, I will post a link! Also we have HitSquad Poker Tour leg3 Luton coming up July 19th, am happy to put to my Admin Committee maybe we can do a collection, or Donation from that!! Good Luck!! Xx The Hitman"""
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Good afternoon Hitman rv.
    Thanks for the invite, but i am afraid i will have to decline, as i am being made redundant on may 23rd.
    And money might be a bit tight for a while, so do not want to commit to anything at the moment.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: Possible New Team - Help For Heroes? : Good afternoon Hitman rv. Thanks for the invite, but i am afraid i will have to decline, as i am being made redundant on may 23rd. And money might be a bit tight for a while, so do not want to commit to anything at the moment. All the best. Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397
    Rainman!

TY for response, offer remains open to you for anytime in Future!

PS, There is NO committment, just enjoy yourself & Poker!

HitSquad memebership does not cost ANYTHING, & No Time Commitment, just join in when ever you free!!

GL Mate, Hope things improve financially tho!
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited October 2014
    It's amazing what you learn going through old posts
    gl all involved with H4H
    the furthest i ever got was the cadets. 
    army and raf mind you. 
  • Options
    edited November 2014