You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When Sky Poker goes bad......

MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
edited January 2010 in Community Help & Advice

I ,like many others on this site last night, experienced a lot of technical problems  and have logged on this morning to see an explanation/apology/official statement.......but I cannot see anything anywhere!
I normally try and put humour in my posts but on this occasion will refrain as this is a serious subject. There seemed very little response from Sky Poker in the middle of all this confusion last night even though the forum was awash with complaints. I know some tried the helplines/on line chat etc but for so many problems for so many people, something official should of been put onto the site.
I do realise it was New Years Day but this site should still provide adequate help to its clients when providing a service. This is not the first time I have noticed a distinct lack of response from Sky Poker and I just feel more on line help should be provided when things go wrong with the site.

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO POST YOUR COMPLAINTS AND LETS SEE WHAT SKY POKER WILL RESPOND WITH.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010

I entered the 10.30 £750 B/H and after I was eliminated, a table would continue to open (FOR ABOUT TWO HOURS) and I would be sat at a table with no chips. Thankfully, the chat box was still working and I did try to get through by some banter/humour with various players who were either sat at the table or like myself 'trapped'. A big mention to RATS107 and Kingofharts who joined in with the banter and apologies to any one who was still playing in the tournament who were put off by this.
    Its just amazing that sometimes I get 'loading' issues with tables and have to reboot to reload a table which has frozen on me but last night I could not escape a loading table.
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited January 2010
    I played the 8.15 , 5.50 deepie last night and experienced freezing table, chat disappeared and the count of players left  kept jumping up and down so I had no Idea where I was even placed most of the time.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    i was still passed out on the sofa all last night, having had too much amber nectar from the previous night, some sort of compensation is definitely in order - mines a stella!!
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems, I'll pass this over to the technical team and get back to you as soon as possible, how does a couple of months sound?--thanks in anticipation of your extremely prolonged patience

sky poor
  • Options
    Sky_DesSky_Des Member Posts: 351
    edited January 2010
    I've just got back after a few days away, so I'm not aware of what the problem was yet.  With it being New Year's day, support levels may have been lower than normal but still should have been ample to deal with any problems - so I'll be looking into that.  I'll be back with a response when I've learned more.

• Options
    edited January 2010

Thanks for your post SKY DES....but have you any response yet?
    I have noticed Sky Rich is back so I have *bumped* this for his attention aswell.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm back into work tomorrow following Xmas break, so will be looking into this one then.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I've had an update on this problem now.  The issue was an old one which would occur every six or seven weeks which had subsequently been corrected through a line of code.  The recent site upgrade removed that line of code and that was only identified when the issue reoccurred on New Year's day.  That has been corrected now.  Apologies for any inconvenience caused to those affected.  Everyone who contacted Customer Services should have been compensated for their tournament entry on the evening.

The lack of communication on the forum was also regrettable and I think this was largely due to a lot of staff being away over the holiday season.
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Des. Have contacted Customer Services and they have sorted It for me
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Thank you for your reply Des. I am not owed anything by way of compensation but I am glad that the problems have been looked into ,and hopefully, now corrected.
    I do understand that it was the holiday period but it may be a catch 22 situation as more people would be using the site in this period I think.