You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WHO IS STAYING UP?

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
edited May 2014 in The Football Corner
Who do people think will avoid the drop in tomorrow's Football League programme?

In the Championship, I think Doncaster will survive, because although I think the mighty Foxes will beat them on the way to 102 points for the season, Birmingham are in freefall and I don't think they will get anything at Bolton.

In League One, I think Tranmere will survive at the expense of Crewe. It's a massive advantage for Tranmere to be playing at home against Bradford, a team with nothing to play for, while Crewe face a Preston side who will want to win to keep their form ahead of the play offs and keep hold of third sport so they play at home in the second leg of the play-off semis.

In League Two, I think Northampton and Bristol Rovers will survive by the skin of their teeth at the expense of Wycombe. I think Wycombe will beat Torquay to get to 50 points but would expect Northampton and Bristol Rovers to each get the one point they need to stay out of Wycombe's grasp.

I'll probably be wrong on all counts but for Splashies sake I hope I'm right about Northampton! :)

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited May 2014
    In Response to WHO IS STAYING UP?:
    Who do people think will avoid the drop in tomorrow's Football League programme? In the Championship, I think Doncaster will survive, because although I think the mighty Foxes will beat them on the way to 102 points for the season, Birmingham are in freefall and I don't think they will get anything at Bolton. In League One, I think Tranmere will survive at the expense of Crewe. It's a massive advantage for Tranmere to be playing at home against Bradford, a team with nothing to play for, while Crewe face a Preston side who will want to win to keep their form ahead of the play offs and keep hold of third sport so they play at home in the second leg of the play-off semis. In League Two, I think Northampton and Bristol Rovers will survive by the skin of their teeth at the expense of Wycombe. I think Wycombe will beat Torquay to get to 50 points but would expect Northampton and Bristol Rovers to each get the one point they need to stay out of Wycombe's grasp. I'll probably be wrong on all counts but for Splashies sake I hope I'm right about Northampton! :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Sooooo nervous about tomorrow, but the players are buzzing after the 3-0 win last week.

I'm hoping Torquay will do us a favour. I know Oxford are in awful form so we should get a point at least, but it's never that simple.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2014
    In Response to WHO IS STAYING UP?:
    Who do people think will avoid the drop in tomorrow's Football League programme? In the Championship, I think Doncaster will survive, because although I think the mighty Foxes will beat them on the way to 102 points for the season, Birmingham are in freefall and I don't think they will get anything at Bolton. In League One, I think Tranmere will survive at the expense of Crewe. It's a massive advantage for Tranmere to be playing at home against Bradford, a team with nothing to play for, while Crewe face a Preston side who will want to win to keep their form ahead of the play offs and keep hold of third sport so they play at home in the second leg of the play-off semis. In League Two, I think Northampton and Bristol Rovers will survive by the skin of their teeth at the expense of Wycombe. I think Wycombe will beat Torquay to get to 50 points but would expect Northampton and Bristol Rovers to each get the one point they need to stay out of Wycombe's grasp. I'll probably be wrong on all counts but for Splashies sake I hope I'm right about Northampton! :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    You don't fancy helping out your old friend Paul Dickov/ed then? :(

Just tell Casper to punch it into his own net again, nobody asked any questions last time ;)

Don't go to the games nowardays but remember this time last year listening to the absurd end to our league 1 campaign on the radio, hopefully it wont be quite as dramatic as that and Bolton do us a favour. (wish it was being played at St Andrews!)

If we go down this time I can see it taking us a lot lot longer to get back up!

COYR! 
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: WHO IS STAYING UP?:
    In Response to WHO IS STAYING UP? : Sooooo nervous about tomorrow, but the players are buzzing after the 3-0 win last week. I'm hoping Torquay will do us a favour. I know Oxford are in awful form so we should get a point at least, but it's never that simple.
    Posted by splashies
    Good luck to your boys today 
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited May 2014
    Grosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Grosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

That was harsh.................bad luck :(

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm thinking of starting a new football thread for next season....each week i'll pick out some results and everyone can get rich by doing exactly the opposite of what I suggest! :):)
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited May 2014
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :D:D:D:D

Ul JJ tho :(
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited May 2014
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :D:D:D:D Ul JJ tho :(
    Posted by splashies
    Well done mate