You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Experiment

GavinxxxxGavinxxxx Member Posts: 559
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Due to recent bad form and bad luck, ive decided im only going to part with £5 of my bank roll now for a little experiment, and if that goes im just going to have a little break, week of so away from poker.

Seems as i almost always buy into the cash games with the max buy in, and lately i just keep getting taken down by small stacks who are going all in with nothing and hitting. Im going to see how it is to just start small stacked in games and see if the pressure is easier or if it makes it harder.

i will be playing on the 10p/20p tables

my starting stack will be £5 and over the next week my target will be to reach the £50 mark by 6pm sunday.

This is not something i would normally do, as i know i like to have a bigstack when those juicy AA come but with my recent luck i just want to minimise my current losses.

03/01/2010 - balance - £5.00

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    gl, but i fear a lot of all in tilting for double ups lol - i did this once,went on 50p/£1 table with £20, got JJ,went all in and called by KK. I hit the jack and was gone into the night with my 20 profit lol, god im bad cutting and running.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ******* Update **********

03/01/2010 (16.35) - Balance £14.18
  • Options
    steveburkesteveburke Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2010
    i couldnt tell you how exactly to do it , or what range of hands your looking for, but , its almost impossible to exploit a very good short stacker, meaning the very goods ones can make alot of money playing shuv or fold poker,, requires no knowledge of flop play either as ur moneys already in pre flop.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Moved onto the 5p/10p tables now so i can play propperly
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ********* Update ***********

Balance  03/01/2010 (18.19) - 17.93

Going for food, and having 1hour break..
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited January 2010
    Good look mate, will try jump on a table with you later  and help have your week break ;)
  • Options
    EENEEN Member Posts: 135
    edited January 2010
    Gavin i started a thread in this forum called higher stakes or something, and it has details of my own little bankroll challenge which might be useful for you too looking at what you put.

I deposited £20 and am doing the £2+0.25 DYM SnG's in a few days im not up to £50 which is great as im only a casual player, but the point is, you might want to try those instead of cash, as after each one you get a chance to look back at how you played, and if you're playing well, carry on, if not you get a good break while you wait for the next one so you can think more clearly about whether to play or not.

I was doing the same thing as you in the cash games, and just insta-buying back in to the tables. I found i lost more money that way, but with these low stake SnG's it doesnt seem to happen.

There's also a lot of fishies play the SnG's, and maybe you'll find some form there :) I'm currently on a run of 18 cashes out of 22 tourneys.

Best of luck, and hope things turn round for you soon.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ******update********

ohh getting patchy now, took a big hit

balance - £9