You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Should i move up to higher stakes?

EENEEN Member Posts: 135
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
Lately ive been playing a lot of DYM STT's for £2+0.25 and £3+0.30

I have cashed in the last 17 of 21 tourneys ive played, so would it be feasible for me to move up to say the £5+0.5 tourneys and test it out?

I've turned £20 into £42.80 in the last couple of days just playing these for fun, so id like someones opinion on whether i should stay where i am, or move up.

My original plan was:

Start: £20 @ £2+0.25 DYM STT's

£30 @ £3+ 0.3 DYM STT's

£50 @ £5+0.5 DYM STT's

£100 @ £10+1 DYM STT's

If i were to start losing money then i would go down a paygrade on the above table. ( hope this makes sense )

I know this is risking ~10% of my bankroll each time and ive heard many people recommend only using 5% at a time, but this way seems to be working fairly well for me up to now.

Anyone have any advice?

Cheers, EEN

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    You're playing for fun and winning. I would suggest ur therefore playing poker the right way!  However, variance is bound to kick in and ur great run will stop and the beats will invariably hit u.  I would say that if ur plan was to move up when u get to £50, then continue with that. Well done so far though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks phil, saw you on the total player thing on tv the other day, great work :)

Yea i think i will stick to the plan outlined above, i imagine theres plenty more fishes at this level anyway :)
  • Options
    torryboytorryboy Member Posts: 459
    edited January 2010
    Your playing at 10% of your bankroll which wont last long if you start losing, I would advice playing at 3 -5%
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Maybe you're right, but the reason i started like this was, as it's only ~£2 per tourney with my bankroll as it is now id have to lose 20 straight tourneys to go bust, and the advantage of this is, if i lose 2 or 3 in a row, i can walk away, take a break and see where im going wrong, then come back the next day or something. It's not as if i can just click buy back in like in cash games so easily. Iwould physically have to wait for 5 more players to join.

I think new plan:

Start @£20 -- ~£2DYM

@£60 -- ~£3DYM

@£100 -- £5DYM

I hope to be at £100 by the end of the month, but only time will tell :)

Thanks for the input though guys.