You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Sackings/leavings start - EPL

GaryLaudGaryLaud Member Posts: 535
edited May 2014 in The Football Corner
So, Last night news broke of Pepe Mel leaving west brom, despite keeping them in the EPL. And now I have read on 'Oford's twitter feed that Sherwood has left my beloved Spurs, with arguably the best managerial record in the space of the time he was in charge...

Just goes to show that despite great results on the field, if you're not compatible with the heirachy, then you're doomed. (Just look at Redknapp - lost out on CL because Arsenal got in via the backdoor, and he was "Shown the door")

My next question is "Who's NEXT!" Who do you guys think is next to recieve a P45 and who do you think will end up in the WHL Dugout next season.

Early doors I would have said Van Gaal, but he now looks certain for Man Utd, and quiet noises are being made for either Ponchettino or DeBoar, although I think the latter has become unlikely since the media got wind of the situation....

Comments

• Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited May 2014
    Managers need more pretection its about as simple as that. If Rooney has a bad September for example United wouldn't sack him, but clubs would snap sack a manager for a bad month. 

Im not sure how. But a system that reduces manager sacking has to come into place
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited May 2014

Next manager to be sacked will be BIG SAM ALLYDYCE
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sackings/leavings start - EPL:
    Managers need more pretection its about as simple as that. If Rooney has a bad September for example United wouldn't sack him, but clubs would snap sack a manager for a bad month.  Im not sure how. But a system that reduces manager sacking has to come into place
    Posted by The_Don90
    Manager transfer window

Declare manager by August 1st
    Change window December

It wont happen clubs would find a way around it.

The three teams that got relegated all had good managers and only Fulham where even in the bottom 3.

Cardiff sacking Mackey and replacing him with Solskjar has got to be the biggest joke of all time.
    Fulham 3 managers in 3 months deserved all they got.

Interesting to see if Tan or the Fulham owner will be looking to cut there loses and sell.
    Fulhams wage bill must be large for a club that only attracts 20,000 a week I cant remember the last player the turned a profit on.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to The Sackings/leavings start - EPL:
    So, Last night news broke of Pepe Mel leaving west brom, despite keeping them in the EPL. And now I have read on 'Oford's twitter feed that Sherwood has left my beloved Spurs, with arguably the best managerial record in the space of the time he was in charge... Just goes to show that despite great results on the field, if you're not compatible with the heirachy, then you're doomed. (Just look at Redknapp - lost out on CL because Arsenal got in via the backdoor, and he was "Shown the door") My next question is "Who's NEXT!" Who do you guys think is next to recieve a P45 and who do you think will end up in the WHL Dugout next season. Early doors I would have said Van Gaal, but he now looks certain for Man Utd, and quiet noises are being made for either Ponchettino or DeBoar, although I think the latter has become unlikely since the media got wind of the situation....
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Think Sherwood was very niave the way he spoke out about the players. Levy would have all there agents applying pressure to get rid of him.
    If you read Redknapps autobiography he puts in a sly dig about Sherwood having levys ear when he talks about why he was sacked.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sackings/leavings start - EPL : Manager transfer window Declare manager by August 1st Change window December It wont happen clubs would find a way around it. The three teams that got relegated all had good managers and only Fulham where even in the bottom 3. Cardiff sacking Mackey and replacing him with Solskjar has got to be the biggest joke of all time. Fulham 3 managers in 3 months deserved all they got. Interesting to see if Tan or the Fulham owner will be looking to cut there loses and sell. Fulhams wage bill must be large for a club that only attracts 20,000 a week I cant remember the last player the turned a profit on.  
    Posted by BADBOY985
    deduct 3 points for any team who sack a manager in this period.

if  amanager is really bad theyd not do it then, however other managers could be saved. 

Fulham gotta be absolutely bricking it right now. Aging players on high wages, not the biggest budget to cope with it. Going to be a tough turnaround for the current or any new manager. 
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sackings/leavings start - EPL : deduct 3 points for any team who sack a manager in this period. if  amanager is really bad theyd not do it then, however other managers could be saved.  Fulham gotta be absolutely bricking it right now. Aging players on high wages, not the biggest budget to cope with it. Going to be a tough turnaround for the current or any new manager. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thet would get round it by using different titles.
    were not sacking the manager just bringing in a Technical advisor/stratagy analyiser................
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sackings/leavings start - EPL : Thet would get round it by using different titles. were not sacking the manager just bringing in a Technical advisor/stratagy analyiser................
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Well then define manager as the only person allowed in the technicall area during a match, and only a manager can approch the forth official for subs etc. So sacking a manager and brining in a Technical advisor would have a huge effect on match days
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Sackings/leavings start - EPL : Well then define manager as the only person allowed in the technicall area during a match, and only a manager can approch the forth official for subs etc. So sacking a manager and brining in a Technical advisor would have a huge effect on match days
    Posted by The_Don90
    Not really the paperwork for the subs is usually done by assistants and the technical are thing is mainly pointless and as most instructions come on via the physios why do you think so many players go down.