You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

NL10 - Weird Hand

HYPETINGHYPETING Member Posts: 253
edited July 2014 in Strategy
First of all, this player is not a reg at this level, but I do know that they are a winning player. This is the first time I have come up against them.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesilvaladySmall blind £0.05£0.05£24.62BIG_AL231Big blind £0.10£0.15£10.23 Your hole cardsAA   xCall £0.10£0.25£26.44kidpoke469Fold    HYPETINGRaise £0.45£0.70£21.76MATTENGCall £0.45£1.15£3.72silvaladyFold    BIG_AL231Call £0.35£1.50£9.88xCall £0.35£1.85£26.09Flop  5K3   BIG_AL231Check    xCheck    HYPETINGBet £1.30£3.15£20.46MATTENGFold    BIG_AL231Fold    xCall £1.30£4.45£24.79Turn  Q   xBet £2.23£6.68£22.56HYPETINGCall £2.23£8.91£18.23River  4   xAll-in £22.56£31.47£0.00                  
My head fell off when he shipped riv, literally no hand makes sense to me. 

How have I played it up until river?

So, what do we do here?

Comments

• Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited June 2014
    Wow

Yeah I think I type lol in chat box and call it off,  all that makes sense is some random two pair hand or terrible play of KK

Personally I pay it off just so I can make a note of it for future and reload haha!  Would not of thought it was a bet for value? 

Saying all that, an argument for folding will be stronger lol

Conclusion to my no sense post..... as long as playing well within our bank roll I "lol" call

• Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2014
    River is a easy fold. 

We have the As... Qs has showdown value. Villain literally has no bluffs here.

• Options
    ff55hhff55hh Member Posts: 395
    edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: NL10 - Weird Hand:
    Wow Yeah I think I type lol in chat box and call it off,  all that makes sense is some random two pair hand or terrible play of KK Personally I pay it off just so I can make a note of it for future and reload haha!  Would not of thought it was a bet for value?  Saying all that, an argument for folding will be stronger lol Conclusion to my no sense post..... as long as playing well within our bank roll I "lol" call
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Surely if we're losing to the only hands that 'make sense' then its a fold!

Also (mainly from a sports betting perspective, but its relevant I think)
    profligate gambling like 'pay it off just so I can make a note of it' will be a huge drain on resources over time.
    I can't say much cos I was in the scoop6 syndicate for the last month but its generally something I'd cut out!!
  • Options
    bigbaddom0bigbaddom0 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    I'd agree with the comment above that you're 99.999% beat.  Wouldn't call for information - just tag that he is likely to make this move with random hands in the future.  Could really be anything with the limp value call pre flop.  I am going to go with 67 of spades!

You played it perfectly to that point though.  Built the pot nicely so if you had improved you would have taken a decent pot.  His bet on the end is a donk move so your only option is to fold.
  • Options
    jams88jams88 Member Posts: 694
    edited June 2014
    Always a fold times we win here are greatly outnumbered by the times he shows us a better hand. Fold fold fold
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited June 2014
    the sort of player i see in this hand is a person who doesn't have weaker hands or bluffs in his aggression range meaning he is giving himself away by going in too quick. So what he has done is called the flop thinking you will now rule out a flush being in his range, then he does a bet on the turn hoping he can bluff you into thinking he has hit a hand on the turn. then when you call the turn he will be thinking you will call the river too.
  • Options
    RAZZHANDSRAZZHANDS Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2014
    I think the frustration comes from having to fold AA, but I think there's loads of hands he could have here that beat you.
    KQ with the Q of spades looks possible, as does J-10 especially if either or bost are spades.
    He could flopped the flush with suited connectors.
    I'm not saying any of those hands have been played well, but they are all possible and all beat you.
    You've got a pair on a very wet board - always a fold.
  • Options
    Batkin88Batkin88 Member Posts: 1,682
    edited June 2014
    Wow Yeah I think I type lol in chat box and call it off,  all that makes sense is some random two pair hand or terrible play of KK Personally I pay it off just so I can make a note of it for future and reload haha!  Would not of thought it was a bet for value?  Saying all that, an argument for folding will be stronger lol Conclusion to my no sense post..... as long as playing well within our bank roll I "lol" call
    Posted by Nuggy962
    If he is playing KK and getting your entire stack then I would say he has played it pretty well
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I know its only one pair, but his entire range is so polarized to nuts or air. 

And I have the nut blocker, thats why I posted the hand. Even shoving 2nd nuts here seems weird to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I know its only one pair, but his entire range is so polarized to nuts or air.  And I have the nut blocker, thats why I posted the hand. Even shoving 2nd nuts here seems weird to me.
    Posted by HYPETING
    Shoving any hand at all is weird.

Villain is gonna consider any of his Q high flush combos to be the effective nuts.

This is a standard fold with or without the As readless. Having the As makes it an easier fold imo.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Elaborate please..

In Response to Re: NL10 - Weird Hand : Shoving any hand at all is weird. Villain is gonna consider any of his Q high flush combos to be the effective nuts. This is a standard fold with or without the As readless. Having the As makes it an easier fold imo.
    Posted by 77Chris91
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Elaborate please.. In Response to Re: NL10 - Weird Hand :
    Posted by HYPETING
    If we are considering calling this river shove with pretty poor odds it's because we think their range has too many bluffs in it. When we hold the As this blocks a massive % of the potential bluffing combos villain could have.

Imo villain probably has zero bluffing combo's here so you can just exploitatively call with mid flushes/high flushes and fold pretty much anything else. I seriously doubt villain plays any set/2pr like this.