You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

When is enough enough?

CardiffAceCardiffAce Member Posts: 80
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So yesterday I had a bit of a mare and it is doing my head in. Was playing the DTD £200 last night and was down to top 20 players. I had refused to be drawn into a shove as it is always risky on the bubble but low and behold i get dealt KK. The guy on my left who was just shoving all the time decides to shove, so happy days i am all in. He turns over A J & i lose to a pair of Aces. I was fumin but there we go that is a risk you take. 

But earlier in the day im playing the £2K BH FR and same situation, down to the last 20 with the top 10 winning a seat. I get dealt AA & someone shoves pre flop and turns over 8 6 off & I lose to 3 of a kind.

Now this is the 3/4th time in a row I have bust out when going all in, but the problem is I have such a good hand i would be stupid not to call. Or is that nieve of me? Im at the stage i dont ever want to call all in whether i have an amazing hand or not!!

Whats your thinking when in a Tournie. I could have killed someone last night lol

Comments

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited June 2014
    In Response to When is enough enough?:
    So yesterday I had a bit of a mare and it is doing my head in. Was playing the DTD £200 last night and was down to top 20 players. I had refused to be drawn into a shove as it is always risky on the bubble but low and behold i get dealt KK. The guy on my left who was just shoving all the time decides to shove, so happy days i am all in. He turns over A J & i lose to a pair of Aces. I was fumin but there we go that is a risk you take.  But earlier in the day im playing the £2K BH FR and same situation, down to the last 20 with the top 10 winning a seat. I get dealt AA & someone shoves pre flop and turns over 8 6 off & I lose to 3 of a kind. Now this is the 3/4th time in a row I have bust out when going all in, but the problem is I have such a good hand i would be stupid not to call. Or is that nieve of me? Im at the stage i dont ever want to call all in whether i have an amazing hand or not!! Whats your thinking when in a Tournie. I could have killed someone last night lol
    Posted by CardiffAce
    seriously mate you have played 36 games on sky poker, when you have played a thousand games, come back and then comment about bad beats,by that time you're luck will have evened out, bad beats will have still been recieved and you will have dished just as many out to other players. tournaments are very high variance and you gotta be able to cope with swings and bad beats otherwise they arnt the game format for you, i won 2 tourrnaments last weekend on another site and give a few beats out along the way, ive now gone around 60-80 tournaments without getting barely any return on my money and recieved some horrendous bad beats at crucial times aswell in tournaments and my heads in the shed with it but thats poker. try adding a few more tables into in you'e sessions, if you are multi tabling you tend not to notice bad beats as much as if you are paying one tournament all you're attention. and please dont let a couple of bad beats stop you from calling with monster hands either. i assure you these hands hold up more than they lose.
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo Member Posts: 642
    edited June 2014
    yep, what the rock said, 

MTTs are just so fickle, the variance can destroy you if you don't get a rational handle on it

sample size is king & over time we learn to roll with the punches
  • Options
    Nuggy962Nuggy962 Member Posts: 1,104
    edited June 2014
    Get it in good - all you can do! Trust what all will say, it's variance. If best hand pre always won poker would be dull. Right in both cases to call just unlucky. 

Sounds like your running deep so focus on the positives :)