You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

WHAT ABOUT INTRODUCING 9/10 SEATER MTTS?

jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

BEING MAINLY AN MTT PLAYER I WAS WONDERING IF SKY COULD POSSIBLY INTRODUCE 9/10 SEATERS FOR SOME MTTS.. I DO APPRECIATE THAT IT TAKES MORE TIME, BUT IT COULD BE AN IDEA FOR THE BOUNTY HUNTERS... TO START WITH...WITH LESS SHOVEFESTS POSSIBLY OCCURING? JUST AN IDEA AS I PERSONALLY MUCH PREFER THIS STYLE... AND IMO 10 SEATERS ARE SLIGHTLY MORE SKILFUL... ;-)

Comments

• BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2009

One of the good things about 6-seaters is that you have to play marginal hands. It's how these marginal hands are played which probably determines the long-term winners.

I've played plenty of 10 seat MTTs and find them boringly predictable. It seems that almost every hand you're up against a big pocket pair or big slick, in which case your 9-10 suited is probably unplayable. Everyone plays the same way: wait for your big pair then be willing to bet your tournament on it. If you do this in a 6-seater, you could well be blinded out; not so in a 10-seater where you see twice as many hands for your money.

Stick with 6-seaters I say.
  • skicowboysskicowboys Member Posts: 162
    edited July 2009
    In Response to WHAT ABOUT INTRODUCING 9/10 SEATER MTTS?:
    BEING MAINLY AN MTT PLAYER I WAS WONDERING IF SKY COULD POSSIBLY INTRODUCE 9/10 SEATERS FOR SOME MTTS.. I DO APPRECIATE THAT IT TAKES MORE TIME, BUT IT COULD BE AN IDEA FOR THE BOUNTY HUNTERS... TO START WITH...WITH LESS SHOVEFESTS POSSIBLY OCCURING? JUST AN IDEA AS I PERSONALLY MUCH PREFER THIS STYLE... AND IMO 10 SEATERS ARE SLIGHTLY MORE SKILFUL... ;-)
    Posted by jimbo31
    Absolutely Jim, 10 seaters would be great, we desperately need variety on Sky. It would be nice to play a tourney that wasn't dominated by the blinds, as the majority are on the 6 handed tables.
  • mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited July 2009
    Hi Guys,
    This is something that ive been after for a while.
    My thinking is that, when you go live you generally play on 9/10 seater tables.
    When at the spukt this year a lot of players hadnt had any live experience and that this idea would help them to change thier game to suit that format.
    I would definiatly attend a tourny on that basis, as TK says that would be proper poker.
    It would have to be on a weekend with a good structure and start time, £5 0r £10 to start.
    col
  • X5-494X5-494 Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2009
    Yes I agree with that as not just with Live tournaments. Some of the other poker sites I have played on have 10 seat MTT's and find them much better to play than 6 seater's.  Although I would not all the tounament's to be 10 but maybe 2 a day and at least one of the main 9pm touney's a week to be this format.  Would give you more breathing time to play at your own speed, true as was stated above they may take longer but more play for your money.