You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

How to Play? DYM

belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
edited December 2021 in Strategy
These are the kind of hands either i am playing badly or running badly or both, just can't decide.
So how would you play it?
What would you do on the turn as played?

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
GaryLaud Small blind   25.00 25.00 2980.00
x Big blind   50.00 75.00 1800.00
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

belsibub Raise   150.00 225.00 1810.00
FERRETT Fold        
langyrfc98 Fold        
pkr62 Call   150.00 375.00 1145.00
GaryLaud Fold        
x Call   100.00 475.00 1700.00
Flop

x Check        
belsibub Bet   356.25 831.25 1453.75
pkr62 Fold        
x Call   356.25 1187.50 1343.75
Turn

• J

x Check 

Comments

• Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited June 2014
    Not really sure, you've bet quite big on the flop its almost like a flop bet to get it in on the turn. Cant really check behind for control because if a free card is a diamond its a nightmare. As played i think i jam it in. But certainly go smaller on the flop
  • Options
    DoubleAAADoubleAAA Member Posts: 954
    edited June 2014
    Bet smaller flop around 200-240, What are you wanting them to call a 3/4 pot bet with on a 7 high board?

Turn you cannot be scared of the flush (although seems in this instance they have it from your posting) now I would be betting 1/2 pot again.

Try to think about your opponents range and the board texture and adjust your bet size accordingly.
  • Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited June 2014
    I defo had my mtt head on not my dym.
    I was always taught to charge draws 1/2 pot just seemed to cheap?Need to think/act quicker so i can try and type bets.
    He had AK of diamonds.
  • Options
    lurnalurna Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2014
    not the nicest card in the deck but youve got to go with it now.
  • Options
    devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited June 2014
    I don't think you've done anything wrong, sometimes we lose here but just as often or more hopefully, we win.
    i think betting 1/2 pot is way too cheap bet pot or bigger i'd say. 3/4 pot is ok but why not bet bigger if you think they are drawing? charge them the max.
    you don't want them to call you with a draw in my opinion, not for 1/2 pot or less anyway.
    charge them the max, if they don't call, great, we take the chips with no danger of losing, as you have here.
    i quite often would go allin here on this flop... there are 475 chips in the middle, thats 25% of your stack and you are up against 2 opponents.  you want those chips now!!!
    now going allin here is against what everyone else is saying, but that's the point... we are playing ultra aggressive DYM poker, not p*ssy footing around.
    you need to be as aggressive as possible playing Dym's and the 'allin' bet is your biggest and best weapon, so pick your spots and use it. how often do you make a call against an allin yourself where you are risking your life?
    not very often, I'm guessing.