You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tables full of limpers and you're in the BB/SB

ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
edited December 2021 in Strategy
So, playing low stakes bh's I come across this spot a lot. Literally the whole table limping or 4/5 limping and im sat in the blinds with a marginal hand (mid pp, small suited ace, strong ace-AQ AJ). Knowing even a 5x raise will probably get 3 callers and me end up playing an inflated pot oop, the question is.... what do??? Just limp/check myself and hope to hit hard? Fold if im in the sb and wait for better spots? Open shove?

I have, in the past, shoved A10 into 4 limpers and got 2 calls from a weaker ace and suited 72 (which won lol)

Comments

• Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2014

Answer obviously differs depending on stack sizes/reads.

In general limp/check your suited aces and mid pp's and raise broadway hands that will flop strong top pairs.

When you miss you don't have to c-bet on board textures that favour limp/calling ranges. At low stakes just keep betting when you have the goods as a general rule.

• Options
    ShaunyTShaunyT Member Posts: 619
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Tables full of limpers and you're in the BB/SB:
    Answer obviously differs depending on stack sizes/reads. In general limp/check your suited aces and mid pp's and raise broadway hands that will flop strong top pairs. When you miss you don't have to c-bet on board textures that favour limp/calling ranges. At low stakes just keep betting when you have the goods as a general rule.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    With regard to stack sizes, this situation can arise at any time 200bb deep. Big stacks will call an all in even in the first few levels with trash. As far as reads go, most players like any 2 suited cards or any rag ace. A lot of stations. Good players as well, but I would specifically be talking about stations, hence my comment about getting 3/4 callers even though I could raise 5x.

Low stakes bh's can be like bingo lol
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2014
    If the blinds are reasonable, no harm in jamming a strong hand over a table full of limpers. Good chance you will get called in one spot, especially ina  BH if they have you covered.

I wouldn't shove a weaker hand for that very reason!

Low pocket pairs, suited connectors are good hands just to make up from the SB, if the BB won't raise. If we hit a big flop, chances are we will take a nice pot.

In the early stages, with 100bb

If we have a big hand pre flop, Aces, Kings, Queens, over a table of limpers at 10/20, you can literally make it as big as you think you will be called. 10x plus

I had aces a couple of weeks ago in the 1st level, I went to 220 over a table of limpers. Went 2 flop 3 handed, on the flop got to heads up. Villian had called with K4 lol