You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

QQ pre

grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
edited July 2014 in Strategy
Effective stacks 25. Blinds 10c/25c 
Completely readless
Utg opens for 75c
Mp raises to 2.35
Hero flats from CO with QQ
Rest fold
Utg 4bets to 7
Mp folds
Hero folds

Thoughts please

Comments

• LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2014
    In Response to QQ pre:
    Effective stacks 25. Blinds 10c/25c  Completely readless Utg opens for 75c Mp raises to 2.35 Hero flats from CO with QQ Rest fold Utg 4bets to 7 Mp folds Hero folds Thoughts please
    Posted by grantorino
    Any reads on opponents.

Good spot to 4 bet in the CO
  • grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: QQ pre:
    In Response to QQ pre : Any reads on opponents. Good spot to 4 bet in the CO
    Posted by LARSON7
    No reads

When mp raises utg? Not so sure. Been out of the game awhile 
  • liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited July 2014
    Might be weak but as played I personally fold.

firstly you have no reads on both opponents so you be guessing/hoping they are overplaying ak or a pair under you qq which is very unlikely.

another thing don`t know if most ppl do this but when an unknown cold calls a 3bet in this situation yourself. I put them on a narrow range normally ak/aq or 99-qq until I gain more info on them. Hands like kk/aa is unlikely but defo not out of their cold call 3bet range but lets assume they 4bet they hands.

but back to the point you have cold called the 3bet so let`s also assume the utg is observant player they are going prob put you on a similar range what i stated above and they are still willing to 4bet,also they know the 3bettor is still to act so their line looks super strong imo.

sorry how I explained some my thoughts I know what I mean in my head but when when try to explain or type it out may not come across great :).

where you been you used to on the forum a lot a while ago and always gave good advice?
    edited July 2014
    Might be weak but as played I personally fold. firstly you have no reads on both opponents so you be guessing/hoping they are overplaying ak or a pair under you qq which is very unlikely. another thing don`t know if most ppl do this but when an unknown cold calls a 3bet in this situation yourself. I put them on a narrow range normally ak/aq or 99-qq until I gain more info on them. Hands like kk/aa is unlikely but defo not out of their cold call 3bet range but lets assume they 4bet they hands. but back to the point you have cold called the 3bet so let`s also assume the utg is observant player they are going prob put you on a similar range what i stated above and they are still willing to 4bet,also they know the 3bettor is still to act so their line looks super strong imo. sorry how I explained some my thoughts I know what I mean in my head but when when try to explain or type it out may not come across great :). where you been you used to on the forum a lot a while ago and always gave good advice?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Lol real life caught up played very little poker in last 2 years. So this might be superstandardBut IMO cold 4 betting looks redic strong. I take your point about my range, although I prob flat monsters here too. But utg line is v strong not sure I can Gii with 3rd nuts
  • bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2014
    I put him on ak
  • 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2014

WP. Wouldn't be 4-betting considering it's UTG/MP 3-bet.

Think it's a fold when we get 4-bet readless.

• percival09percival09 Member Posts: 3,804
    edited July 2014
    pre is fold in these positions I think. wouldn't hate cold4b/fold but we can't get it in without more info. Is definitely a fold vs the 4bet. Getting it in vs the 4bet might be ok if he's capable of bluffing with this sizing but I doubt it

flatting is ok but I don't like it because our hand range is going to be so obvious and easy to play against, and we're giving free equity to hands we can make fold pre like ATs which has 32% against us, as well as letting the opener into the pot. I think we're going to be losing money so folding is better
    edited July 2014
    pre is fold in these positions I think. wouldn't hate cold4b/fold but we can't get it in without more info. Is definitely a fold vs the 4bet. Getting it in vs the 4bet might be ok if he's capable of bluffing with this sizing but I doubt it flatting is ok but I don't like it because our hand range is going to be so obvious and easy to play against, and we're giving free equity to hands we can make fold pre like ATs which has 32% against us, as well as letting the opener into the pot. I think we're going to be losing money so folding is better
    Posted by percival09
    Are you suggesting folding to the 3b pre? I considered it, I had absolutely no reads though

I don't know can I bring myself to cold 4b/f QQ. I suppose though if you think its not profitable to flat the 3b it might be an option