You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

TRANSFER FEES GONE MAD?

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
edited July 2014 in The Football Corner
Am I the only one who is amazed by some of the transfer fees being paid at the moment? Two immediately spring to mind...

£11m for Ross McCormack from Leeds to Fulham
£14m for Fabio Borini from Liverpool to Sunderland

It seems some teams have more money than sense...and the fact my team (Leicester City) are on the verge of breaking the club record transfer by bidding £7m for a Brighton striker who only scored 14 goals last season makes me think there could be a case for making that signing a 'Madness hat-trick'!!

Comments

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited July 2014
    Totally agree . This has been the problem for ages. I,m still astonished that after the World Cup and all the talk of English players geting a chance its hard to see when everytime you look on Sky Sports News theres signings everyday for average foreign players going into the Prem leaugue
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,926
    edited July 2014
    McCormack worth every penny and more, but it is crazy for Fulham to pay that.

Arsenal should've signed him.

The Borini one is crackers though :o
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: TRANSFER FEES GONE MAD?:
    McCormack worth every penny and more, but it is crazy for Fulham to pay that. Arsenal should've signed him. The Borini one is crackers though :o
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Good to hear. My only bet so far on nxt season is Fulham to win the Championship. I did it a cpl of months back after seeing their youth team doing well . They said then if they go down it would be a good chance to get some of these youngsters some first team experience.
    Someone also said on MOTD (can,t remember who) . It might even suit Fulham to go down so they can rebuild and come back stronger
  • Options
    arrazarraz Member Posts: 136
    edited July 2014
    im a safc fan,borini good but 14 mill,no way.