You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

This may sound silly, but.....

ThePuddingThePudding Member Posts: 144
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Hello all

I am new to this forum, please be kind :) 

I am looking to enter my first PT, having experienced, head to head's, cash games etc. But now is the time to strech myself and see if I can go a bit further. 

My problem is, and this may sound silly, but I am flumoxed by the jargon on the list of PTs.

What is a bounty PT? 

What do the percentages mean when added to the Head? 

What is the difference between cash and bounty? 

Which would be the best for a poor confused poker girl like me to enter. I am not the best in the world, but far from the worst and I just want to have experience.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks for reading - oh and good luck on your next game :) 

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Being the impatient sort - I simply plumped for a low stake PT, and see how that plays out - wish me luck 
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited July 2014

Using the Thursday night main event as an example....

50% (£15) of the buy in goes on your head as a bounty. If you eliminate someone, then you get 75% of their head prize, which would be £11.25, the other 25% goes on your head value, making your total bounty worth £18.75 to anyone looking to eliminate you.

As the tournament progresses, people's head prizes gradually get larger as more people get knocked out. The overall winner will also win whatever is on their head at the end, which is usually quite a sizeable amount.

Bounty hunter tournaments are fun and appeal to gamblers due to their nature. Because of this, the poker skill level is skewed somewhat, so you do have to adjust.

If you're starting out, I'd look at the £1 and £2 deepstacks, and maybe dip your toe in the low stake bounty hunters if you want to experience them.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: This may sound silly, but.....: Many thanks for the excellent explanation. I will give one a go and see how I fair - its all good fun at the end of the day :) 
    Using the Thursday night main event as an example.... 50% (£15) of the buy in goes on your head as a bounty. If you eliminate someone, then you get 75% of their head prize, which would be £11.25, the other 25% goes on your head value, making your total bounty worth £18.75 to anyone looking to eliminate you. As the tournament progresses, people's head prizes gradually get larger as more people get knocked out. The overall winner will also win whatever is on their head at the end, which is usually quite a sizeable amount. Bounty hunter tournaments are fun and appeal to gamblers due to their nature. Because of this, the poker skill level is skewed somewhat, so you do have to adjust. If you're starting out, I'd look at the £1 and £2 deepstacks, and maybe dip your toe in the low stake bounty hunters if you want to experience them.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
  • Options
    TENTENTENTENTENTEN Member Posts: 481
    edited July 2014
    enjoyed playing alongside you at the table today & you did well keep going good luck & hope to catch you again at a table sometime soon best wishes TTT.