You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

100nl against good reg

77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
edited July 2014 in Strategy

Villain in question is one of the better regs at the limit imo. Balances well and is capable of thin value.

UTG 110.40
MP 42.90
Hero 188.56    9s 10s
Btn 126.98
SB 77.90
BB 101.50

Pre - Fold, Fold, Hero raises to 3, Btn calls, fold, fold   POT 7.50

Flop - 10d 7s 5d  Hero checks, Btn bets 6.50, Hero calls    POT 20.50

Turn - 10d 7s 5d 4c  Hero checks, Btn bets 27.75, Hero calls   POT 76.00

River - 10d 7s 5d 4c As Hero checks, Btn bets 89.73 all in, Hero?

Villain has all the sets but FD's and 89s missed. A is a bad river card as I've now gone behind to all Axdd but I'm unsure if villain is sick enough to jam these on the river for value?

I kinda feel as played I should call as villain could jam a lot of bluff combos on the river vs my pretty face up capped range.

Not sure how to interpret the turn overbet either. I have seen this villain overbet with decent draws and sets before.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited July 2014
    I think I prefer betting the flop, partly cos I hate this kind of spot

I might fold turn. There are very few good cards for you and I'd say he's going to bomb river a lot. What was your plan on turn?

River I fold, although like you said jamming Ax would be sick, looks like he's trying to max value all through hand. Is he likely to have 3bet Broadway's or Axs pre? Not sure there's that many bare fds out there.can see why you want to call though
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: 100nl against good reg:
    I think I prefer betting the flop, partly cos I hate this kind of spot I might fold turn. There are very few good cards for you and I'd say he's going to bomb river a lot. What was your plan on turn? River I fold, although like you said jamming Ax would be sick, looks like he's trying to max value all through hand. Is he likely to have 3bet Broadway's or Axs pre? Not sure there's that many bare fds out there.can see why you want to call though
    Posted by grantorino
    I feel like if I'm folding the turn then I'm pretty much never calling. (Assuming I c-bet flop with like Q10+) I do sometimes check KK or AA with a diamond here so I suppose I could use these hands to protect my checking range oop...

Was planning on c/c most decent rivers but I have gone behind to a few Axdd combos now. Was torn at the time because I just wasn't sure if Ax would bet the river and the sizing looks kind bluffy to me.

Re 3-betting range I imagine IP it's gonna be pretty polarised. I'm pretty sure AQs AJs KQs type hands are all flatting pre.

• Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited July 2014

I would just fold the turn.

OTR  a lot of his Ace x semi bluff hands have just come in too.