You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Fao Hitman and splashiest

BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
edited October 2014 in The Football Corner
Looking to do my bets for the approaching season.
Quite fancy Fulham and after their finish to last season Northampton look value at around 16/1.
Any local opinions or knowledge would be greatly received.

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2014
    Well in theory yes we should do well. Will have a top 3 budget and so far the summer recruitment has been decent.

We've signed...

Marc Richards, always scores goals at this level.
    John-Jo O'Toole, scored 15 goals from midfield in relegated Bristol Rovers team last season.
    Kaid Mohammad, an attacking winger who plays on the left, which is an area we've been short in for years.
    Zander Diamond, a brute of a defender who was on loan at the end of last season.
    Danuel Alfei, i believe he was with your team last season, he signs on season long loan.
    Evan Horwood, decent attacking left back who we also had on loan at the end of last season.

On paper we've strengthened every area that we were short last season, and signed a few of the lads that were on loan that kept us up. So it all points to a good season.

Watch out for young 18 year old striker from our youth set up, Ivan Toney, who played the last 2 vital games of last season where he scored 3 goals in those two games. Him and Marc Richards will hopefully be potent.

Here's his 2 goals vs Dagenham, v confident lad and natural finisher.

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2014
    Also, who are you going for in league 1?

I might join you on the treble.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Fao Hitman and splashiest:
    Well in theory yes we should do well. Will have a top 3 budget and so far the summer recruitment has been decent. We've signed... Marc Richards, always scores goals at this level. John-Jo O'Toole, scored 15 goals from midfield in relegated Bristol Rovers team last season. Kaid Mohammad, an attacking winger who plays on the left, which is an area we've been short in for years. Zander Diamond, a brute of a defender who was on loan at the end of last season. Danuel Alfei, i believe he was with your team last season, he signs on season long loan. Evan Horwood, decent attacking left back who we also had on loan at the end of last season. On paper we've strengthened every area that we were short last season, and signed a few of the lads that were on loan that kept us up. So it all points to a good season. Watch out for young 18 year old striker from our youth set up, Ivan Toney, who played the last 2 vital games of last season where he scored 3 goals in those two games. Him and Marc Richards will hopefully be potent. Here's his 2 goals vs Dagenham, v confident lad and natural finisher. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vbORLGkihg
    Posted by splashies
    You seriously reckon Northampton will do well? Cobblers if you ask me!
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Fao Hitman and splashiest:
    Looking to do my bets for the approaching season. Quite fancy Fulham and after their finish to last season Northampton look value at around 16/1. Any local opinions or knowledge would be greatly received.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I Hate to put anyone off their Fancies, but Honestly maybe rethink on Fulham Mate!

put it this way.....am reveiwing Squad Ins' at Mo, & What Youngsters will be pushed forward & how they will cope.

...But my honest Opinion in that Fulham are WELL OVER-Priced at present, I cannot see us achiveing better than mid-table at best!!

.....Am Selling points on Spreads, and maybe will commit even more!

Obviously have re-newed Ma Season ticket & will be picking up alot of Good Awaydays this year, Brighton, Blackpool, Millwall [lol],  etc!

...But will be using my money wisely, [For Once, I hope]!

Hey If I am Wrong & we go up, GREAT..... kinda!
    ....but I been making good Money on Fulham last few Years, as been picking the Form bang on, done well last Year with My Predicted Relegation, so be careful mate!

GLGL
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In Response to Fao Hitman and splashiest : I Hate to put anyone off their Fancies, but Honestly maybe rethink on Fulham Mate! put it this way.....am reveiwing Squad Ins' at Mo, & What Youngsters will be pushed forward & how they will cope. ...But my honest Opinion in that Fulham are WELL OVER-Priced at present, I cannot see us achiveing better than mid-table at best!! .....Am Selling points on Spreads, and maybe will commit even more! Obviously have re-newed Ma Season ticket & will be picking up alot of Good Awaydays this year, Brighton, Blackpool, Millwall [lol],  etc! ...But will be using my money wisely, [For Once, I hope]! Hey If I am Wrong & we go up, GREAT..... kinda! ....but I been making good Money on Fulham last few Years, as been picking the Form bang on, done well last Year with My Predicted Relegation, so be careful mate! GLGL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    I was not really sure on Fulham never realy like backing the relegated premier league teams but lots of tips flying arond for them. 
    Will give them a miss.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Also, who are you going for in league 1? I might join you on the treble.
    Posted by splashies
    not decided yet got 2 Im thinking about

MK DONS 16/1
    COVENTRY 22/1
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Fao Hitman and splashiest : I was not really sure on Fulham never realy like backing the relegated premier league teams but lots of tips flying arond for them.  Will give them a miss.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I defdo would, altho friendly results so far have been good!!

Mates who have seen have been pleasantly surprised, tho the Squad is Now unrecognisable!!!

People in know are of similar if slightly more optimistic opinion than me.....But Media & Blinkered Fans, [Fulham are overwhelmed with a plethora of Optimistic Jonny Come latleys, thanks to 10+ years in prem], seem to be well over-valuing our chances!

If Honst I am really loking forward to new season now, as Many of Our Talented Youngsters will be given a chance to shine....BUT i know any success will be gone in next few transfer windows!!

OUR Problems are UP TOP CEO level!!

4/5 Good Youngsters aint gonna change that, in fact they will become the Money Buffer to keep the Admin in Jobs!!
  • Options
    LENGALENGLENGALENG Member Posts: 337
    edited August 2014
    Avoid coventry at all costs BADBOY,we will be closer to relegation than promotion
    come the end of the season,and thats if we're not put into liquidation before hand.
    Every decent player we had has been sold off,replaced by loan'ees.no home ground 
    and a bunch of s***s for owners who couldnt give a **** about our club or football
    in general!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Avoid coventry at all costs BADBOY,we will be closer to relegation than promotion come the end of the season,and thats if we're not put into liquidation before hand. Every decent player we had has been sold off,replaced by loan'ees.no home ground  and a bunch of s***s for owners who couldnt give a **** about our club or football in general!!!
    Posted by LENGALENG
    Thanks for the heads up
    Sorry to hear about the state of the club,know all too well how that feels 
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Looking to do my bets for the approaching season. Quite fancy Fulham and after their finish to last season Northampton look value at around 16/1. Any local opinions or knowledge would be greatly received.
    Posted by BADBOY985

You pleased I Posted back, LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    In Response to Fao Hitman and splashiest : You pleased I Posted back, LOL!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Yes not off to a flyer,early days yet and Ipswich could be a decent side.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    O Dear!!

looks like my seemingly negative Points on Fulham, are proving optimistic!!

We shall see tonight v Wovles!

dont tell any Fulham Fans, but mi 40-1 bet on Relegation, 8-1 bet on bottom half, and the Points Spread all looking great alraedy

In fact may cash in the Spread bet if we lose at home tonight!
    Boom Me??
    Gutted really!!

• Options
    edited August 2014

After Derby thrash us today, am noting that you may owe me a pint Badboy, lol!!

• Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited August 2014
    5-1 to the mighty Rams :)

£11m?? "what a waste on money, what a waste of money...."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    5-1 to the mighty Rams :) £11m?? "what a waste on money, what a waste of money...."
    Posted by diablo_pez
    seems so!!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Posted by BADBOY985
    PMSL!!! Glad you asked me mate!!
    Made me look at how deluded the odds where!!!

I did honestly get 40-1 on relegation, 6-1 on bottomhalf finish I think, but I dare not tell ma Fulham mates!!
  • Options
    MaggiesdadMaggiesdad Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Fao Hitman and splashiest : PMSL!!! Glad you asked me mate!! Made me look at how deluded the odds where!!! I did honestly get 40-1 on relegation, 6-1 on bottomhalf finish I think, but I dare not tell ma Fulham mates!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Hello Captain!

I do like the look of Patrick Roberts who I have seen play at England U16 level. Great dribbler and just needs to work out when to release it etc but I am sure that will come with experience.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: Fao Hitman and splashiest : Hello Captain! I do like the look of Patrick Roberts who I have seen play at England U16 level. Great dribbler and just needs to work out when to release it etc but I am sure that will come with experience.
    Posted by Maggiesdad
    Hi Mate!!

Yes Patrick Roberts is Fantastic!!
    Seen loads of Highlites of Him for the Success of Academy last few Years Under Steve Wigley, [Now at Forest]!

Seem him in few First Team Games Now too, buthe aint getting Ga,e minutes he deserves under Kit or Previuosly under Magath!! Which Concerns me, as Im wondrin if a 'Deal' has been agreed & he may go in Jan.

Our First Home Game of Season, Millwall, They were well on Top, we were Fancy but too litweight, so they were Bulling Us all set pieces & off Ball in Open Play!
    After Going Behind, and looking out of Game.....on Come this Tiny, Lite Youngster!!
    Jeez i thought like he gonna make differance!!

HE DID!!!

He Scared life out of Millwall, Kept Ball, Protected Possession, Ran at them beating 3/4 Players at Time!
    He Rode Challenges as Iniesta Does for Barca, they could not Knock him off Ball!!
    Shows Ball retention DOES NOT NEED BIG Physical Prescence!

Anyway, I LOVE HIM...
    Yup Start him next game alongside Parker Maybe, build all positive around Him!!

NOPE!!!!! Felix Ignores him!!! He has played only limites Minutes Since!!!

Gawd Knows WHY!!

He would be Pefect for Arsenal, Unfortunately for us..
    Think Cross between Fabregas & Wilshere!!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    5-1 to the mighty Rams :) £11m?? "what a waste on money, what a waste of money...."
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Jeez!!!! we drawn Derby in Cap 1 Cup Now LOL!!
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited October 2014
    See you soon...

:)