You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Crazy things you did when first started poker?

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I will start,

I started playing limit poker on party 25/50, every time I got 72 dealt I would raise, thinking, ha ha, they`ll never put me on this hand.
Even with like 4 limpers in front, so obv they are all calling my raise.  I dread to think how much I lost doing this.

Comments

• kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited July 2009
    I did the same and when it didn't get called i'd show. In fairness i did it in the BH on Monday and showed it, can't resist sometimes!! lol
  • S1DEWINDERS1DEWINDER Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2009
    When I was playing a home game - I was pretty clueless to be fair. I once tried to claim a four card straight - and also, for the first couple of rounds I used to take back the chips I bet after I'd folded (and there was more action). Basically, the size of the table meant we kind just moved our chips ahead of us - and not into a central pot. Thankfully nobody noticed and then I realised that I shouldn't do it!
  • BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited July 2009

To randomise my bluffing, I decided to bluff at every hand when I had the 6 of spades in the hole.
    I don't do this any more.

• YoungUnYoungUn Member Posts: 422
    edited July 2009
    I had a friend of mine who, when at the showdown, would take cards from other players' hands, and combine them with his hand and the board to form the 'winning hand'. Was fairly hilarious.