You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Proper Poker!

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat

I just happened to take a look at tonight's £500 Deepstack. In fact, I planned to play it, but got the time difference (I'm in Vegas) mixed up, & missed it.

There were "only" 23 runners, but it's on the up, & will flourish once Autumn comes, & the dark nights start.

But I noted that after ONE HOUR, only one player has busted out. How about that?

It shows that Sky Poker have Tourneys to suit all tastes, & the folks that say "The Open" is too fast are catered for.

That's my kind of poker, & I can't wait to get back home & play this every night.

Comments

• diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited July 2009
    u should try the mickjenn1 fan club donkament - 10 seater 12 minute blinds all for just £5.50

just 1 problem sky fail to tell you that the blinds increase at greater increments than every other tournament on sky

after 5 levels i'm up from 5000 to 7000 - well played me

level 6 the blinds are 500/1000 !!!!!!!!!!!!! so all of a suddent i have just 7 x bb....

wot do u think about that for a con mr kendall?
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited July 2009

Con?

Why exactly would an Online Poker Site wish to "con" it's players?

And how exactly does Sky Poker benefit from that?

I'm not familir with the Tourney, as I'm away right now, but it has attracted over 100 players, which kinda suggests to me that players want to play it, because that is far more than the regular £5 deepie gets.

I really don't understand why you jump to conclusions such as the Site would "con" anyone. It might make mistakes, but that's very different to "con", which implies deliberate deception.
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    pez i totally agree pal i did my best 2 get players all week for this and they turned up 116 of em wiv no guaranteed prize money and turned into a joke m8, dont think there will b anymore of these, we had it all tkay 10 seater tables 5k stack aqnd meant 2 be 12min blinds, turned into an all in fest after 45mins. not a  happy bunny
    edited July 2009
    tikay you would be livid urself if u had played it

billed as 12 minute blind deepstack

don't tell u blinds go like this

15/30
    25/50
    50/100
    100/200
    200/400
    500/1000
    1000/2000
    2000/4000
    5000/10000

co-incidence it's the five 00 at 9

game over as a poker game after 45 minutes, some deepstack

sky's really screwed up big time here was some real good players in that torny wanting a proper game for a change
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 166,859
    edited July 2009

Perhaps it was a mistake?

I'm not gonna jump to conclusioms, but I do know that Sky Poker do not "con" anyone.
  • DaYoungGunDaYoungGun Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2009
    very true iv never said 1 bad word about sky poker before but this has taken the p**s
  • IGOTABIGPRIGOTABIGPR Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2009
    What a joke and a rip off.  Just gone out of the supposed 10 seater deep stack.  i was 2nd i had ak and only 4bb!  got looked up 77 with an insta call. obv he/she hit full house.  So I was out not even in money!

I entered the other deep stack and blinds are still only 75/150!

Great idea and well supported after all hype on forum and then this!  I think alot of people feel cheated and will not support a turny like this in future.
  • GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Proper Poker!:
    I just happened to take a look at tonight's £500 Deepstack. In fact, I planned to play it, but got the time difference (I'm in Vegas) mixed up, & missed it. There were "only" 23 runners, but it's on the up, & will flourish once Autumn comes, & the dark nights start. But I noted that after ONE HOUR, only one player has busted out. How about that? It shows that Sky Poker have Tourneys to suit all tastes, & the folks that say "The Open" is too fast are catered for. That's my kind of poker, & I can't wait to get back home & play this every night.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The 22 sleepstak is a great tournie, and although i tilted and gifted my chips to flashflush after 2 hours, i really enjoyed it and have played it a few times now. Hope it stays and look forward to you coming back tikay so i can donk my chips to you instead hehe.

With regard to the mickjenn tournie, i understand this was supposed to be a deepstak, and indeed it had 12 min blinds and 5000 chips, but due to several of the blind levels being left out it reached "shove" stage by 45 mins.  

It was great for sky to put a tournie on for us guys who are members of Mic ks fan group and others, but i cant help feeling a little short changed.. not complaining just commenting. I played last weeks mi ckjenn tournie and it had a really good structure and lasted over 4 hours!
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Proper Poker!:
    In Response to Proper Poker! : The 22 sleepstak is a great tournie, and although i tilted and gifted my chips to flashflush after 2 hours, i really enjoyed it and have played it a few times now. Hope it stays and look forward to you coming back tikay so i can donk my chips to you instead hehe. With regard to the mickjenn tournie, i understand this was supposed to be a deepstak, yet it had 12 min blinds and 5000 chips, but due to several of the blind levels being left out it reached "shove" stage by 45 mins.   It was great for sky to put a tournie on for us guys who are members of Mic ks fan group and others, but i cant help feeling a little short changed. not complaining just commenting...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    oh i AM complaining, feel totally ripped off been really lookin forward to a proper game with some good players