You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

River Pain...................

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
edited September 2014 in Strategy
It's another £10 to call.

Call / shove / fold   ?????????
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £64.53
pixie919 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £52.26
  Your hole cards

STR1BS Fold     
triathlete Fold     
UP Fold     
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £0.50 £0.80 £64.03
pixie919 Raise  £1.60 £2.40 £50.66
DOHHHHHHH Call  £1.20 £3.60 £62.83
Flop

• K
  • J

DOHHHHHHH Check     
pixie919 Check     
Turn

DOHHHHHHH Check     
pixie919 Bet  £2.70 £6.30 £47.96
DOHHHHHHH Call  £2.70 £9.00 £60.13
River

DOHHHHHHH Check     
pixie919 Bet  £6.75 £15.75 £41.21
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £16.00 £31.75 £44.13
pixie919 Raise  £19.30 £51.05 £21.91
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• seanallenseanallen Member Posts: 114
    edited August 2014
    Wouldn't expect a solidish?(plays a few tables, seems to run up stacks fairly often) player to either be value raising worse or bluffing very often, esp with sizing. I'd just station/nit call? I think with the pot odds. Set should be good at least some of the time. Cant really see any value in shoving, think we're up against higher sets way to often to make it profitable.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: River Pain...................:
    Wouldn't expect a solidish?(plays a few tables, seems to run up stacks fairly often) player to either be value raising worse or bluffing very often, esp with sizing. I'd just station/nit call? I think with the pot odds. Set should be good at least some of the time. Cant really see any value in shoving, think we're up against higher sets way to often to make it profitable.
    Posted by seanallen
    Yah I don't think it's ever a bluff, and he's never value raising worse....

So can we fold?

Has to be KK 70% of the time, JJ 30% of the time and never ever anythin else?

We are getting a gr8 price, and he only has to be bluffing once in a blue moon but he probably isn't....
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited August 2014
    I'm tempted to think they should/would jam KK/JJ on the river after you've 'given the game away' by check/raising but I still struggle to see much we can beat. Seanallen mentioned them being a solid multi-tabler but I can't see anything about that in the OP :S if they are a solidish reg then I think it's a definite fold.

Tbf you did answer your own question lol, never a bluff and never a worse value hand = we lose 100% of the time so should fold.

Thoughts on betting the turn yourself? If they've checked back flop with like AQ/QT/AJ etc, they're likely to check it back again imo, but would call a bet, could also checkback a turned FD. Obv we still get calls by the few hands that we're crushed by (but we'd c/c V them anyway) and the parts of his range that are pretty much (or completely) drawing dead aren't gonna bluff now anyway after giving up on flop.
  • 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited August 2014
    Any reads on the villain at all?

Imo river is a call considering the price your getting. Think we are only losing to 3 combos of KK (No idea why JJ would check flop so would be discounting this myself.)

The way the hand has played I can see a thinking villain bluffing the river once in a while. Your river raise looks looks like your trying to push villain of QQ/Jx that has bet for thin value. You don't really rep much yourself which can level the villain into bluffing the river (Sizing villain has used should enable then to have a few bluffs here.)

Obviously if you know they are a standard nitty micro reg than folding is much closer and probably correct.

Just as a side, I think you missed a really good spot for a turn c/r. You can rep a lot of semi bluffing combos (FD's) that would want to play the turn this way. 44 is really disguised and doesn't block any of the villains calling range (Kx, Jx) 
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited August 2014

I'm not very good with reads, "a standard nitty micro reg" is probably an apt description, but then I assume that about everyone who isn't an obvious fish. They're all a much of a muchness! 

He's been on a few of my tables for an hour or so and I've not really noticed him do anything good, bad, or weird. So prob just assume he has what it looks like he has for now.  

He did, it was KK. 
  • JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited September 2014

I was gonna say fold and I know nothing.

(That's right, I come from Barcelona and manage the England ODI team).

What do I win?
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited September 2014
    I lead turn almost always. 3-bets OTR are so rare and they're nearly always nuts/close to it. That being said for the price I probably can't fold either - and then justify the call by "if villain hadn't played his hand so slow I could easily have gone broke, so I still saved some money in a cooler hand!"